Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7024 7025 [7026] 7027 7028 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14529375 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #105375 on: May 09, 2013, 04:25:19 pm »

The blog itself is wonderful. Allie really understands what depression is and is able to explain it in a humorous way.
http://www.hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #105376 on: May 09, 2013, 04:29:16 pm »

The blog itself is wonderful. Allie really understands what depression is and is able to explain it in a humorous way.

OMG she resumed posting! :D

Yaaaaaay
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #105377 on: May 09, 2013, 04:34:30 pm »

Yaaaaaay
Yesssssssssssss

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #105378 on: May 09, 2013, 04:48:41 pm »

This thing's music. By and large, I say without hesitation, that is how you do video game music. I've actually had parts of the castle music earwigged for like the last four or five days, but the stuff's not intrusive during the game, quite competent playing outside the game (game's music is plain ol' .ogg files, whee!), and notably meshes and improves the areas in-game they're played with. Beyond the game itself, the music makes me happy.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #105379 on: May 09, 2013, 05:26:05 pm »

Yaaaaaay
Yesssssssssssss

SOMUCH HAPPY
* Skyrunner explodes into rainbow skittles

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #105380 on: May 09, 2013, 05:28:45 pm »

Fear, Skittle!Skyrunner. Beardman Cometh. Your delicious transfigured fruity flesh shall be his feast.
Ask not!
Ask!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #105381 on: May 09, 2013, 05:29:33 pm »

A disembodied voice tells everyone to taste the rainbow.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105382 on: May 09, 2013, 05:31:54 pm »

Fear, Skittle!Skyrunner. Beardman Cometh. Your delicious transfigured fruity flesh shall be his feast.
Wouldn't that be considered cannibalism?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #105383 on: May 09, 2013, 05:37:16 pm »

Managed to sell this Sunday's shift. This is a good thing as my back pain would mean hell if I had to do a full 24 hour shift.

Also, a combination of benzodiazepines and every NSAID known to Man seems to do the trick in keeping the pain under control, for the most part.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #105384 on: May 09, 2013, 05:38:53 pm »

Wouldn't that be considered cannibalism?
Do you really think Beardman would care if it was cannibalism? At the point your beard gains significant independent movement, such considerations become that of lesser beings.
Ask not!
Ask!

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #105385 on: May 09, 2013, 06:00:26 pm »

So I'm browsing the Hyperbole and a Half thing after reading that really excellent comic post thing on depression.

I found the source of a meme. All by myself, without meaning to. I dunno why this feels like an accomplishment, but it does.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Source
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #105386 on: May 09, 2013, 06:09:32 pm »

I thought the original was 'eat all the cake!'?

Anyway, my happy, probably really old in internet-time, but still:

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #105387 on: May 09, 2013, 06:32:28 pm »

This is an Exotic Shorthair, and possibly the derpiest cat I have ever seen.

I want one very badly.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105388 on: May 09, 2013, 06:53:46 pm »

I've never seen someone put depression into such accurate words before. I've had much the same experience, with a handful of deviations.

That downward spiral of crappy feelings, eventually relieved by an emotional deadening that is both empowering and kinda shitty. Practicing showing signs of feelings through words or expressions, so people don't worry or get weird about it (though I am pretty much a master at this). The feeling of growing disconnection with the world, paired with a lack of ability to be bothered by this. Wanting things to stop caring or worrying about you so you can just die, because you're tired of approximating feeling and excitement when everything is really bland and boring and distant... which is hard to explain, and probably comes across a lot worse than it seems when you experience it.

Even the gradual re-learning of how to feel things. I'm still working on this one; I'm rebuilding my sads, my fear and anxiety, and something that might be genuine happiness, and other emotions I don't have words for. The experience is both nice, and it kinda sucks. And I'm still tempted to (and sometimes do) exercise my super-stoicism and emotional distance from time to time, to avoid feeling shitty about things... but I'm making a habit of reconnecting with those feelings after the situation is over.

Little steps. Thanks for the link!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 06:55:54 pm by Solifuge »

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #105389 on: May 09, 2013, 07:25:22 pm »

On a less serious note, I turned Extra-Pulpy Orange Juice into Not-Pulpy Orange Juice.

The first time I tried, the other day, I just tried filtering with a fork. That turned it into Slightly-Less-Than-Extra-Pulpy-Pulpiness Orange Juice. So today, I tried a strainer. Of course, the strainer was significantly larger than the cup, so after I realized this (which, by the way, was after I had poured some into the strainer), I poured it into a bowl. Once I got my bowl of orange juice, I tried pouring directly from the bowl to the cup, which was kind of a problem since the bowl didn't have one of those lip things for pouring, so instead I poured it into a noticeably wider measuring cup which I then used to pour my pulp free orange juice into my glass.
Pages: 1 ... 7024 7025 [7026] 7027 7028 ... 13312