Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7032 7033 [7034] 7035 7036 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14376482 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #105495 on: May 10, 2013, 10:07:57 pm »

So apparently in D&D under the provisions of the rulebook it lists a gallon of ale as being two silver pieces.

Turns out that few hundred in gold you have knocking around in your purse? It can buy a hell of a lot of ale.
I'm tempted to do some math to see how horribly broken that is(alternately, how to break it horribly), but I'm too tired and burnt-out on D&D after spending far too long reading Harry Potter and the Natural 20.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #105496 on: May 10, 2013, 10:11:51 pm »

So apparently in D&D under the provisions of the rulebook it lists a gallon of ale as being two silver pieces.

Turns out that few hundred in gold you have knocking around in your purse? It can buy a hell of a lot of ale.
I'm tempted to do some math to see how horribly broken that is(alternately, how to break it horribly), but I'm too tired and burnt-out on D&D after spending far too long reading Harry Potter and the Natural 20.

Not as broken as you would think, although that is a gargantuan amount of alcohol. If you want more economy weirdness, check the price on a scroll of flesh to salt, and a cow. I don't know how much a cow weighs, but anything over 110 lbs is pure profit.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #105497 on: May 10, 2013, 10:14:29 pm »

Not as broken as you would think, although that is a gargantuan amount of alcohol. If you want more economy weirdness, check the price on a scroll of flesh to salt, and a cow. I don't know how much a cow weighs, but anything over 110 lbs is pure profit.

Like in Harry Potter and the Natural 20: Salt is frakking expensive in DnD. So if you can acquire an easy access to salt...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #105498 on: May 10, 2013, 10:15:44 pm »

So I went to a Detroit Tigers game and they won, 10-4. That's pretty cool.

Also got my second Mythic Rare from a Magic: the Gathering pack.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105499 on: May 10, 2013, 10:18:44 pm »

I give you people an in-return present!

Is it not the best?
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #105500 on: May 10, 2013, 10:19:07 pm »

Bit of thread and a needle and it probably wouldn't matter how much a cow weighs. If one is too light, sew two together.

... I'm not actually sure what D&D rules are for artificially combined things, though. I mean, stuff like flesh golems are presumably considered one entity and probably made from multiple things, so there's probably some degree of precedence. "Contiguous mountain of sewn together cows", total weight, several tons. One (or a couple, depending on how much volume it effects) flesh to salt later... profit like a something'r'other. Whoever thought needlecraft and cattle hustling would be the secret to infinite arcane wealth?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105501 on: May 10, 2013, 10:24:09 pm »

The weight of a cow would be somewhere between 1200-2400lbs, so that's a hell of a lot of salt.

I'm not sure if sewing cows together would work, especially if you're comparing them to flesh golems(note: all those body parts are just components to make the golem). And I think the cost of creating a flesh golem probably outweighs(no pun intended) the amount of money turning it into a salt golem(if there is such a thing) would bring in.

...Gah, brainhurt.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #105502 on: May 10, 2013, 10:28:09 pm »

Also, cows don't have stats, at least in core. So you'd need bison or something.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #105503 on: May 10, 2013, 10:40:46 pm »

Like in Harry Potter and the Natural 20: Salt is frakking expensive in DnD. So if you can acquire an easy access to salt...

Oh yeah, I read that recently. Is good!

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105504 on: May 10, 2013, 10:58:17 pm »

Wow, that's... something.

The ale thing was just entertaining because they were trying to convince various towns to join their cause, and apparently came up with the idea of bribing people with obscene quantities of ale...

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105505 on: May 10, 2013, 11:19:50 pm »

You guys are clearly novices. What you do is open a portal to the Plane of Salt and flood the market.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105506 on: May 10, 2013, 11:39:49 pm »

Oh my god D:

I told one of my friends about my PTSD attack because he'd been concerned about me at dinner last night, and he dropped off a get-well package.  It's a bunch of notes from characters in the role-playing campaign telling my character to get better and take it easy and stuff, and there's a really bad ink drawing on the front (apparently he imagines her with a unibrow, who'da thunk it).  Anyway, I'm... so, sooooo grateful.  Having friends is good.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105507 on: May 10, 2013, 11:52:07 pm »

A week or so after I discovered Puella Magi Madoka Magica, I rediscovered a prolific Space Jam remixer on Youtube. And in a rare moment of synchronicity, this is what emerged from their playlist:

Credens Justiti-Slam - I don't know why this exists. But apparently it does. Yay? I'm not sure.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #105508 on: May 11, 2013, 12:16:01 am »

New wedding band arrived this morning.  We're both getting new ones, because our old ones have been broken for a while.  We got cheap, flimsy trinket rings when we first got married, and they've both suffered too much damage to wear anymore.  Our older kid bit one of them flat.

This one is tungsten carbide.  Never going to have that problem again.  I like the weighty feel of it.  Most of all, it's a black faceted design.  My first observation after putting it on:  it looks like pixels.  The indie gamer in me feels a bit of joy every time I look at it.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #105509 on: May 11, 2013, 04:23:51 am »

It's not that strong actually. Breaks if you drop it from a decent altitude.
Pages: 1 ... 7032 7033 [7034] 7035 7036 ... 13310