Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7033 7034 [7035] 7036 7037 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14379045 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #105510 on: May 11, 2013, 04:31:12 am »

From what I understand tungsten carbide is very hard, so you aren't likely to get any scratches on it, but it is some what brittle as far as metals go. If you don't apply too great an impact on it, you shouldn't have any problem. I would be surprised if a piece the size of a ring would have the force to break at its terminal velocity, so I don't see dropping it as much of a problem, but obviously don't hit it with a hammer.  :P

EDIT: Also, my own happy.
Got an amazing jacket today. When I say amazing, I mean it was originally marked at about $150. Was marked down to $30 because they were desperately trying to clear out for new winter stock, and once again I could fit into the last sizes left that are too small for mortal man. Awesome jacket score!

Looks just like one of these
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yay for silly shoulder flaps!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #105511 on: May 11, 2013, 06:27:41 am »

Having friends is good.
This. So much.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105512 on: May 11, 2013, 07:05:08 am »

You guys are clearly novices. What you do is open a portal to the Plane of Salt and flood the market.
I was starting to think of the Semi-Elemental Plane of Ranch Dressing, but then I read that. Holy crap.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #105513 on: May 11, 2013, 07:11:38 am »

The blog itself is wonderful. Allie really understands what depression is and is able to explain it in a humorous way.
http://www.hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/
Half the images aren't loading for me for some reason, but still this has already made my day. I used to have to force myself to read Allie's posts at home, because I would make too many snortgiggles at work. I'm also amazed that the comment section to this newest post FILLED UP to maximum in about 9 hours. She has a LOT of friends she's never met. I hope that helps her.

Back from two days with my inamorata. I don't know how, but every moment we spend together is better than the last. Spent Thursday night at a bed & breakfast. Got up for breakfast and discovered that the owner of the B&B is a celebrity psychic who does sold-out shows in Vegas. And looks like this:

He joined us for breakfast and turned out to be a really nice guy, and he's a native to the area -- a country boy who's made umpteen millions by going out west and just being who he is. And now he's investing a considerable amount of money into fixing up his hometown and revitalizing the economy through tourism. But she and I kept glancing at each other all throughout breakfast, looking to see who was going to be the first to crack and just start giggling maniacally.

She won.  ;D

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105514 on: May 11, 2013, 07:14:26 am »

-snip-
Thank you for the warning. That was a massive WTF payload. Also, it only took me about 30 seconds to start giggling like a schoolgirl.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #105515 on: May 11, 2013, 07:44:28 am »

You guys are clearly novices. What you do is open a portal to the Plane of Salt and flood the market.
The rest of the story for those interested.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105516 on: May 11, 2013, 08:08:38 am »

Hiked up Mt Cannibal today. Outpaced everyone I was with, and descended the mountain in record time. I've still got it, baby!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105517 on: May 11, 2013, 08:17:15 am »

Not bad. Have you ever been up Mt Warning at sun rise? It is pretty much a rite of passage that must be preformed at least once...
Love that climb...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #105518 on: May 11, 2013, 08:42:46 am »

-snip-
Thank you for the warning. That was a massive WTF payload. Also, it only took me about 30 seconds to start giggling like a schoolgirl.
I had no warning, other than seeing a couple of photographs in the house and thinking "Huh...that dude has some seriously white hair." The pictures did not fully convey the size of the man-fro. So when he walked in, it was like "Holy Mother of Mozart..."  :o

He also makes some pretty awesome sausage gravy.
I think that may go down as the most surreal breakfast I've ever had -- he'd be talking about healing and crystals and talking to the dead, and having dinner with Cheech Marin and Jackie Collins and playing shows in Vegas, and then pivot to talking about wanting to build an outdoor venue to promote a bluegrass festival and asking if we'd like some more biscuits and gravy. All while rocking the white pajama suit and that giant dome. So much glorious WTF.  :D

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #105519 on: May 11, 2013, 08:47:05 am »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #105520 on: May 11, 2013, 08:52:07 am »

Mmmm...Flemish Giant. Them's good eating.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105521 on: May 11, 2013, 09:27:38 am »

Not bad. Have you ever been up Mt Warning at sun rise? It is pretty much a rite of passage that must be preformed at least once...
Love that climb...

Nah, I'm Victorian. I've not been that far into NSW.

Mountains hiked up in Vic:

Mt Oberon - easy ascent, hard descent
Mt Cannibal - very hard ascent, easy descent
Mt Bishop - hard ascent, hard descent
Tower Hill - easy all around
and various hills in the Dandenong Ranges and some of the southern part of the Great Divide.

I have a few photos from the top of Mt Cannibal if you like.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105522 on: May 11, 2013, 09:39:50 am »

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105523 on: May 11, 2013, 10:14:54 am »

That is something else. I really need to start GMing again.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #105524 on: May 11, 2013, 10:32:34 am »

That is something else. I really need to start GMing again.

Just finished both threads. Woah, there go few hours of my life.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 7033 7034 [7035] 7036 7037 ... 13310