Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7147 7148 [7149] 7150 7151 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14553523 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #107220 on: June 08, 2013, 09:27:53 pm »

Beat Golden Sun. Now to transcribe this 260-character dump for use in the sequel.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107221 on: June 08, 2013, 09:45:59 pm »

Caffeine Free Mountain Dew. Oxymorons have never been so delicious.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #107222 on: June 08, 2013, 11:06:53 pm »

Deon's board has only 5 topics and over 11,000 posts in those five topics. Blimey.
Views, man. Views.
...close enuff.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #107223 on: June 09, 2013, 12:16:19 am »

Finally saw Wreck It Ralph.
Damn good (hur hur) movie.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #107224 on: June 09, 2013, 12:19:43 am »

I saw it with a younger relative when it came out, and the way it was advertised it mainly seemed to me it'd be just a move based entirely on video game references (Which is fine, I suppose.) But it really surprised me when it turned out to have an actual plot, with the only real references being in the beginning. I enjoyed it, and explained some of the references to the kid I went with after the end of the movie since he was curious. Overall it was pretty fun to go to, and I was pleasantly surprised since I dislike pretty much all children's movies.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107225 on: June 09, 2013, 01:26:29 am »

Honestly, the "bad guy" monologue, during the descent to the mountain at the end, kinda socked me in the gut. The movie had plenty of Feels, and a pretty decent plot twist or two. I thought it was cute, and had a few poignant moments, and definitely enjoyed it.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107226 on: June 09, 2013, 01:27:05 am »

It was great.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #107227 on: June 09, 2013, 09:34:52 am »

I agreed, it was surprisingly good. I was expecting one of those movies that becomes insanely dated once a year passes, but the majority of references were pretty timeless (Yeah, Mario and Pacman are timeless, sue me) and Hero's Duty is a surprisingly spot-on parody of the modern shooter... There aren't many shooter parodies in movies, thinking about it. The closest they get is parodying doom.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #107228 on: June 09, 2013, 09:45:02 am »

I agreed, it was surprisingly good. I was expecting one of those movies that becomes insanely dated once a year passes, but the majority of references were pretty timeless (Yeah, Mario and Pacman are timeless, sue me) and Hero's Duty is a surprisingly spot-on parody of the modern shooter... There aren't many shooter parodies in movies, thinking about it. The closest they get is parodying doom.
There should be, it's pretty easy to do so, but I think the Modern Shooter Problem is one most people leave to people who play video games, and so don't care.

I never saw all of Wreck It Ralph, only most of the second part.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107229 on: June 09, 2013, 10:18:53 am »

The Doom movie was a parody of itself. Does that count?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107230 on: June 09, 2013, 11:30:08 am »

Hehe.  Hero's Duty also had Metal Gear references... I was pretty happy about it.  That was a great film, and one of the only ones I've ever seen where I'd legitimately call it "fun for the whole family."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #107231 on: June 09, 2013, 11:39:55 am »

I'm happy because my puppy is happy. Happy and WIGGLY! She is incapable of not wiggling!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #107232 on: June 09, 2013, 11:42:41 am »

Speaking of puppies, this gif is hilariously adorably puppy. Puppy is now an adjective.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107233 on: June 09, 2013, 12:21:44 pm »

As of an hour or so ago, I am now under 225 lbs again. Lightweight division, here I come!
Wait, weren't you like, 270 a few days ago? o-o
Nah. The heaviest I've been is about 245, during the height of my marital strife/beginning of my divorce. The goal is to get back to 155, but that's a long way off. Current goal: 205.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107234 on: June 09, 2013, 12:23:10 pm »

I just finished reading through all of Gunnerkrigg Court so far.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.
Pages: 1 ... 7147 7148 [7149] 7150 7151 ... 13312