Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7188 7189 [7190] 7191 7192 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14374678 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #107835 on: June 19, 2013, 04:54:48 pm »

It's fixed! Finally! After months of dealing with my computer's bullshit hinges, all is well!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107836 on: June 19, 2013, 05:36:59 pm »

Turns out my housing may not have fallen through, though I really don't understand my friend's wariness of reasonable progress updates and open communication.  Phew.

Gonna trim my hair and keep trying to stay calm.  Going okay so far.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #107837 on: June 19, 2013, 06:27:36 pm »

Last day of school, I programmed a recorder to say through the intercom system "See ya later, suckers!"
 :D :D :D
Is that actually possible? That sounds like something out of a lighthearted 90's movie, when adults believed kids had some innate ability to hack things.
It's actually really easy, if you have access to an area with the transmitter, or if you can get into the sub-ceiling.
Duct tape, a recorder, a timer, and a little motor to push the play button. Add in a little bit of wire twisting, and you have the perfect troll device.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107838 on: June 19, 2013, 06:40:35 pm »

Hotel Internet is working again! Thank goodness for tech support!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #107839 on: June 19, 2013, 06:47:24 pm »

Today I have observed an interesting fact: The removal of four+ years of dust accumulation from the inside of a computer significantly improves its performance.

Don't look at me like that. I would have cleaned it, but I didn't even have the correct screwdriver to open the case.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107840 on: June 19, 2013, 08:23:08 pm »

I got Dungeon Keeper 1 to work.

NOSTALGIA OVERLOAD.

Now if only I did not have exams >.>

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107841 on: June 19, 2013, 08:34:51 pm »

My drawing of a very ugly guy is coming along nicely. I think I'm getting better at shading.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107842 on: June 19, 2013, 09:00:26 pm »

Where did you get a picture of me? D:
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107843 on: June 19, 2013, 09:22:16 pm »

Where did you get a picture of me? D:
Do you happen to have ridiculously high-up green eyes sunk deep into their sockets, very pronounced cheekbones, crooked teeth, full-face-and-neck acne, disheveled, dirty blonde hair, sparse moustache and beard, and a terrifying rapeleer? If not, he looks more like me than you.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107844 on: June 19, 2013, 11:16:28 pm »

There's nothing like a refreshing shower at 11:00 o'clock at night because you have no schedule ever.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #107845 on: June 19, 2013, 11:28:46 pm »

I... think this is happy? Somebody already solved that statistics problem I was working on. Apparently the solution looks like this, so yeah, I was never going to get this formula. Gonna run basic sanity checks and stuff to make sure, but man, this'll help me a lot. I'm just a little regretful to know that I was never going to get there. Ah well.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #107846 on: June 19, 2013, 11:35:42 pm »

There's nothing like a refreshing shower at 11:00 o'clock at night because you have no schedule ever.

Give me your lack of schedule.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107847 on: June 19, 2013, 11:42:30 pm »

Give me your lack of schedule.
I went to sleep at 8:00 o'clock and woke up at 10:00. Yesterday i went to sleep at 2:00 A.M. and woke up at 2:00 P.M. If i don't have actual work to do then i will sleep and wake up practically at random.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107848 on: June 19, 2013, 11:47:59 pm »

Exams are over. Now to work on my backlog of games starting with Torchlight and Overlord.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #107849 on: June 20, 2013, 12:39:22 am »

Few things are as great as being curled up in the glow of a computer screen, wrapped in a warm sleeping bag and drinking a hot cup of tea while watching lectures. One of the most deeply relaxing experiences I've had in a while.

EDIT: Also, watched Kill Bill the other day. Interesting movies.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 01:04:32 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 7188 7189 [7190] 7191 7192 ... 13310