Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7235 7236 [7237] 7238 7239 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14374016 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #108540 on: July 04, 2013, 10:26:05 am »

"on the other side of the country" shouldn't really be a reason not to go for you :P
From Zeeuws Vlaanderen to North-North Holland? Using public transport, because they'll need the car... is about (checking 9292...) 5 hours. That's a lot.
Pff. Across the country here is 33 hours nonstop.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #108541 on: July 04, 2013, 11:45:13 am »

That sounds really nice, Tiruin. Sorry if that sounds like an understatement...  :-\

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #108542 on: July 04, 2013, 12:09:40 pm »

Overtook all the traffic in a 20mph zone today on my bike :> Well chuffed with myself, last year i couldn't even get to 20 on a bike
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #108543 on: July 04, 2013, 12:41:29 pm »

I got bored and figured out that if I wanted too, I could make satellites drop from orbit with their CO2 thrusters. For some reason, knowing that as a geek, I can utterly destroy civilization out of boredom makes me happy.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108544 on: July 04, 2013, 12:42:55 pm »

I got bored and figured out that if I wanted too, I could make satellites drop from orbit with their CO2 thrusters. For some reason, knowing that as a geek, I can utterly destroy civilization out of boredom makes me happy.
Not really. You could stop some communications and maybe, if you're really good at maths, inflict minor damage upon a settlement. Then get arrested.
Nothing massively disruptive.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #108545 on: July 04, 2013, 12:48:26 pm »

Not really. You could stop some communications and maybe, if you're really good at maths, inflict minor damage upon a settlement. Then get arrested.
True. Now I am thinking about my dad, we used to discuss terrorist attacks on long car rides, why they were ineffective, and how to improve them. I think we ended up deciding that gasoline tanker trucks half full with a remote lighter would work best. Being bored, and having of had a dad that was a alpha geek makes for interesting conversations. Oh well. Wherever you are dad, I hope you got some computers to mess with. Just try and stay away from supreme commander, I got my ass kicked enough there by you, and I don't think most religions allow internet connections.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108546 on: July 04, 2013, 12:57:17 pm »

True. Now I am thinking about my dad, we used to discuss terrorist attacks on long car rides, why they were ineffective, and how to improve them. I think we ended up deciding that gasoline tanker trucks half full with a remote lighter would work best. Being bored, and having of had a dad that was a alpha geek makes for interesting conversations. Oh well. Wherever you are dad, I hope you got some computers to mess with. Just try and stay away from supreme commander, I got my ass kicked enough there by you, and I don't think most religions allow internet connections.
Are you implying that someone of such geekitude wouldn't have a backup AI in a secure location that it more-or-less trained to have a thought process like his, and then giving it an internet connection? Allowing your mildly destructive plotting to have an effect basically forever.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108547 on: July 04, 2013, 12:57:55 pm »

Huh, me and my dad just discuss (Hypothetically) what would be the best method for a weed farm.

Put it in an industrial estate so the amount of power has an alibi, make the front a botanics so you can explain why you need so many lights and pesticide, divide the workers and make the ones working on the pot enter the building through another building with a tunnel, abandon it after a year cos you're going to get busted at some point and make another one elsewhere.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #108548 on: July 04, 2013, 01:08:31 pm »

I discuss such things with my fiancee :D

Her plan to inflict the most damage involves putting small, undetectable amounts of poisonous/cancerous substances in the water supply of various major cities. In ~30 years, you'll do far, far more damage than any single bomb could do.

Also if you really want to change american politics toward your ideal, assassinate the supreme court justices (all of them) during a presidency of your political leaning. No one else in the US government is quite so vulnerable AND so instrumental in shaping politics.

* kaijyuu is now on the CIA watch list.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108549 on: July 04, 2013, 01:12:02 pm »

I'd prefer making a shitton of money off weed then changing politics. I wouldn't make a good LCS member.

... Okay, I'd probably fuck it up if I tried enacting my plan. :P

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #108550 on: July 04, 2013, 01:45:58 pm »

So apparently, if you taunt the chickens in Nobilia, a heavenly voice will explode you and warn you not to taunt the chickens. You can taunt the goats, though. I swear, I can't do anything related to Secret of Evermore without learning something new about it.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #108551 on: July 04, 2013, 02:42:58 pm »

And the Hortator could see that Vivec was out of sorts, though not because of the impending new power to come. The golden warrior-poet had been exercising his Water Face as well, learned from the dreughs before he was born.
Nerevar said, 'Is this to keep you from the fire?'
Vivec said, 'It is so that I may see with truth. It, and my place here at the altar of Padhome in the house of False Thinking, serve so that I may see beyond my own secrets. The Water Face cannot lie. It comes from the ocean, which is too busy to think, much less lie. Moving water resembles truth by its trembling.'
Nerevar said, 'I am afraid to become slipshod in my thinking.'
Vivec said, 'Reach heaven by violence then.'
So to quiet his mind the Hortator chose from the Fight Racks an axe. He named it and moved on to the first moon.
There, Nerevar was greeted by the Parliament of Craters, who knew him by title and resented his presence, for he was to be a ruling king of earth and this was the lunar realm. They shifted around him in a pattern of entrapment.
'The moon does not recognize crowns or scepters,' they said, 'nor the representatives of kingdoms below, lion or serpent or mathematician. We are the graves of those that have migrated and become ancient countries. We seek no Queens or thrones. Your appearance is decidedly solar, which is to say a library of stolen ideas. We are neither tear nor sorrow. Our revolution succeeded in the manner that is was written. You are the Hortator and unwelcome here.'
And so Nerevar carved at the grave ghosts until he was out of breath and their Parliament could make no new laws.
He said, 'I am not of the slaves that perish.'

I find this inexplicably hilarious

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #108552 on: July 04, 2013, 02:45:52 pm »

I don't get it?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #108553 on: July 04, 2013, 02:57:45 pm »

I don't get it?

Vivec practices his Water Face. Nerevar takes it very literally and thinks it gives him fire resistance. Nerevar hears Vivec's explanation and immediately thinks he may become careless in thought. Vivec replies that he should reach heaven by violence if he does. Nerevar takes this hilariously literally and conquers the first moon.

Spoiler: Explaining the joke (click to show/hide)

"Conquer heaven by violence" refers to the first walking way of godhood, which I guess means just becoming powerful enough to be considered a god.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 03:07:15 pm by Putnam »

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #108554 on: July 04, 2013, 03:05:00 pm »

Are you implying that someone of such geekitude wouldn't have a backup AI in a secure location that it more-or-less trained to have a thought process like his, and then giving it an internet connection? Allowing your mildly destructive plotting to have an effect basically forever.
*snort* Have you ever looked at how hard it would be to make an AI that is relatively human? One estimate said that the hardware required would be the same size as texas, going up 12 feet in the air. People are pretty stupid generally, but they would notice that much land covered in what would look like something out of terminator.
Pages: 1 ... 7235 7236 [7237] 7238 7239 ... 13310