Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7488 7489 [7490] 7491 7492 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14375599 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS RETURNS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #112335 on: September 06, 2013, 06:15:28 am »

Three Amigos, Mighty Johnsons, more Breaking Bad. I'm glad I got Netflix. :D
I'm watching Braveheart right now.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112336 on: September 06, 2013, 08:13:28 am »

Week's close to being over, now to make agreements to get a larger than usual shipment of lime normalized in the books, toss some dosh back into the company's shipping budget and get it home. Holy shit do people not care about anything here, you'd think the vicious fucks I share an office with would get me murdered over this. Either way, gonna be a hella interesting weekend~

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #112337 on: September 06, 2013, 08:17:25 am »

Made it to the Tower of Babel / first battle with cyberdemon in DoomRL lastnight.  Holy crap.  How the hell do you fight that thing?

Put me in quite the doom mood, though.  Have Doom music playing in my head.  Want to try again.  Want Brutal Doom v19 to release.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #112339 on: September 06, 2013, 10:34:07 am »

I have finished LOTR. About 1450 pages, translator's note to last appendice.
I feel so goddamn good about finishing this thing and I don't know why. It was a great read obviously, but still...

I'm going to get The Silmarillion this Tuesday. Because that's when the library is open after school :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #112340 on: September 06, 2013, 10:36:50 am »

Just be prepared to find Silmarillion less like fantasy adventure book and more like fantasy bible.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112341 on: September 06, 2013, 10:37:38 am »

I will finish every LOTR book in existance.

And hey, if I don't like it, I can always just bring it back :P

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #112342 on: September 06, 2013, 10:49:33 am »

It really does read like a religious history, though. Bloody dense, regardless of whether you like it or not.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112343 on: September 06, 2013, 10:52:32 am »

My grandmother is doing okay. She had surgery, and is going home tomorrow.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112344 on: September 06, 2013, 10:57:22 am »

The school found my wallet.  It apparently lept out of my pocket when I was in the parking lot, which is exactly when I noticed it missing, but when I looked for it I must have missed the black wallet on black pavement in the darkness.

$5 is missing out of $7 but everything else is there. I'm fine with that, security found it the next morning before anyone else arrived, and if that pays for their lunch that's the least I can do for them.   They saw the student ID and gave me a call this morning.

I reported the debit card lost last night, but this saves me expensive trips to replace the other stuff.    Lucky and happy.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #112345 on: September 06, 2013, 11:13:00 am »

I have finished LOTR. About 1450 pages, translator's note to last appendice.
I feel so goddamn good about finishing this thing and I don't know why. It was a great read obviously, but still...

I'm going to get The Silmarillion this Tuesday. Because that's when the library is open after school :P
I recommend you to read the Hobbit or The Children of Hurin first. Especially the latter is a way better read than the Silmarillion.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #112346 on: September 06, 2013, 11:25:28 am »

I tried to read The Silmarillion right after the first time I finished reading LoTR, when I was only like 10.  Found it impossible back then.  Next time I tried was at 27.  After it got past the very beginning of the creation myth, I absolutely loved it.  Found all the rest really easy to read and enjoyable.  Enjoyed it even more than LoTR.  It's just the first 30 pages or so that are really difficult.  The Silmarillion is actually the work that Tolkien poured his entire life into, not The Hobbit or LoTR, which were commercial works largely motivated by his publisher, IIRC.  It really shows in the elegant and deeply insightful ironies that play out in the larger history of Arda, I think.  Children of Hurin is an especially beautiful story.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112347 on: September 06, 2013, 12:33:52 pm »

I've read The Hobbit already. I'll go for Children of Hurin first, then :P
I hope they have it at my library :/

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #112348 on: September 06, 2013, 12:37:30 pm »

I've read The Hobbit already. I'll go for Children of Hurin first, then :P
I hope they have it at my library :/

Children of Hurin is a chapter from The Silmarillion that was later broken out and expanded into its own book by Christopher Tolkien.  I suggest reading The Silmarillion up until Children of Hurin, and then reading the book in place of that chapter.

I mean... if you want to read it independently first, you can.  It can stand on its own just fine.  But there will be a lot more meaning to the story if you read everything leading up to it first.  Your perspective on LoTR will completely change after reading it, as well.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 12:39:18 pm by SalmonGod »
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #112349 on: September 06, 2013, 02:18:18 pm »

I narrowly avoided my first trip to the salt mines with some extremely lucky bets clever analysis and forethought.

This also deserves a spot in the WTF thread but my initial wtf'ery can not outweigh my happy with how such a thing can exist :p

Get Salty!

EDIT: Damn you Spongebob you failed me!
FAKEEDIT: YEEEAAHHH Grievous! You saved my salty ass.
EDIT2: Nooooooo! So close to triple my salt! Damn Rimle choked in the second half.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 02:53:32 pm by Aptus »
Pages: 1 ... 7488 7489 [7490] 7491 7492 ... 13310