Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7576 7577 [7578] 7579 7580 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14522475 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ( ლ)] He comes (Happy thread)
« Reply #113655 on: September 28, 2013, 05:07:59 pm »

Well pasteurized is better than that other thing that makes it taste like arse.
Other thing?
Sterilised milk. Urgh, that shit should be illegal.
But pasteurization is sterilization. (And ultrapasteurization even more so than that.)
(disclaimer: might be just Dutch terms)

Pasteurization is heating the milk for 30-40 second at 72C, twice. This make you not die when you drink it.
Sterilization is heating the milk at more than 100C. This makes it taste like faeces.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #113656 on: September 28, 2013, 05:10:04 pm »

I think you're just crazy then, because I can't taste any difference at all. Perhaps you should buy different milk.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113657 on: September 28, 2013, 05:10:46 pm »

you are attempting to tell me i do not know of japanese vending machines

let me tell you there still are things that vending machines do not sell that could bring a net profit. the margins are small and therefore nobody bothers with it but the opportunities are there if you're willing to faff around with the permits i'm sure they'd require for someone to just walk in and start dumping vending machines across town

that or i'm miscalculating things. i'm not an economist, i just order shit for something that now that i look back on it still have no idea what really does. six years and i have no goddamn clue what the facility primarily produces. i mean i could extrapolate from the shit that's needed but things like chlorine can be used for too many industrial processes to be remotely relatable

also i'd need an engineer or a dozen to pull off small miracles while designing them vendors so i could actually sell the products. perhaps someday. you know, when i'm done exploiting the far easier to exploit and not horribly niche markets

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #113658 on: September 28, 2013, 05:11:24 pm »

I think you're just crazy then, because I can't taste any difference at all. Perhaps you should buy different milk.
I have doubts about the "bovine" origins of the milk you drink~

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113659 on: September 28, 2013, 05:13:38 pm »

I have doubts about the "bovine" origins of the milk you drink~
"That's not an udder"

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113660 on: September 28, 2013, 05:17:57 pm »

I suspect they mean high pressure homogenization. Basically, they force the milk through TEEEENY TINY holes in a sieve at high pressure, which shatters the fat globules suspended in it, so that it can never separate afterwards. Because it alters the structures found in the milk, it no longer coats the mouth and tongue the way raw unprocessed milk does. As a result, it does not taste, nor feel the same in the mouth.

Non-homogenized milk is perfectly capable of being pasteurized, but because it separates in the carton, it leads uneducated people to believe it has gone sour, and finicky people to complain about the texture, or about having to shake it first.

Unless you have access to a dairy, you are unlikely to get non-homogenized milk easily however, at least not in the US.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #113661 on: September 28, 2013, 05:37:14 pm »

So mesmerizing...

I could probably watch this entire video repeat several times, and I don't know how I feel about that...
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #113662 on: September 28, 2013, 05:37:42 pm »

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113663 on: September 28, 2013, 05:58:23 pm »

Well, it has taken a few weeks but I finally have a cooler in my truck and am beginning to stock it with delicious perishables. It isn't as good as a full-sized refrigerator of course, but it can easily keep beverages chilled and things like cheese, fruits, and vegetables fresh for a good deal longer than they would be otherwise. Current contents: baby carrots, apples, couple bottles of gatorade, sliced cheddar cheese (real stuff, not "pasturized cheese product"), strawberry jam, and a bottle of ketchup.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #113664 on: September 28, 2013, 06:18:30 pm »

We have a big vending machine exclusively for milk at the local supermarket. It sells fresh, unprocessed milk, seems to be quite profitable since it's always dry by the end of the day. Might try that one day (but I kinda don't want to bother with the whole heating it to make it okay thing) because fresh milk is something fiercly awesome.

Also other happy news is that I saw Elysium for the second time today, still a kick ass movie :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113665 on: September 28, 2013, 06:41:17 pm »

First 3 minutes on Facebook today, scored myself two likes for referencing space marines in a reply.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113666 on: September 28, 2013, 06:46:36 pm »

First 3 minutes on Facebook today, scored myself two likes for referencing space marines in a reply.

Your e-peen grew two micrometers.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #113667 on: September 28, 2013, 07:24:08 pm »

Playing Mass Effect 2, Joker made me laugh. "Garrus got the stick out of his ass, but now he's using it to beat people to death." :P

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113668 on: September 28, 2013, 07:37:23 pm »

GET THESE DWARVEN BASTARDS SOME BOOZE! These people are now honorary dwarves in my books.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113669 on: September 28, 2013, 08:36:45 pm »

GET THESE DWARVEN BASTARDS SOME BOOZE! These people are now honorary dwarves in my books.
Ah, yes. I saw that the other day. Ice wins. They get a few dorf points for trying, but they didn't bring nearly enough lava. But they show promise, which is good.
Pages: 1 ... 7576 7577 [7578] 7579 7580 ... 13311