Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7902 7903 [7904] 7905 7906 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14525927 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Get back to starbound guize. Cirno kickstarting burritos. (Happy thread)
« Reply #118545 on: December 26, 2013, 02:28:13 am »

Jaeger is German for hunter. It's really a very badass name, because Jaeger sounds awesome anyways. The booze brand is a foot note on the Jaeger name.

I know, Hans. Jägare is also hunter in Swedish. That changes nothing! :P

That changes EVERYTHING. Now you are an elitist know it all that knows that Jaeger is SO MUCH MORE than the booze, and those poor dumbass douchebros drinking Jaeger are MISSING OUT ON SO MUCH MORE. An elitist know it all... In the good way. There IS a good way to be an elitist know it all, right?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Get back to starbound guize. Cirno kickstarting burritos. (Happy thread)
« Reply #118546 on: December 26, 2013, 02:29:53 am »

Jaeger is German for hunter. It's really a very badass name, because Jaeger sounds awesome anyways. The booze brand is a foot note on the Jaeger name.

I know, Hans. Jägare is also hunter in Swedish. That changes nothing! :P

That changes EVERYTHING. Now you are an elitist know it all that knows that Jaeger is SO MUCH MORE than the booze, and those poor dumbass douchebros drinking Jaeger are MISSING OUT ON SO MUCH MORE. An elitist know it all... In the good way. There IS a good way to be an elitist know it all, right?
There are some unfortunate people killed in the process, but yes.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #118547 on: December 26, 2013, 02:34:31 am »

* Hans quietly looks at his own avatar.

Uh, on second thought, let's back this train of thought up and get on a different set of tracks. This didn't work out so well for my kind the last time it happened. Or for anyone else, for that matter.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118549 on: December 26, 2013, 08:41:42 am »

Quote from: wikipedia
The giant panda typically lives around 20 years in the wild and up to 30 years in captivity

You are 16 going on 17, you're already past your Priiiime!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 08:51:49 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #118550 on: December 26, 2013, 08:44:34 am »

One Jaeger can't take on 2 cat 4s.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 08:50:23 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #118551 on: December 26, 2013, 09:15:48 am »

I'm glad I learned what Jaeger meant by its historical use in military infantry tactics and usage. Yay history! :D

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #118552 on: December 26, 2013, 09:16:51 am »

Honestly, they probably should have remained with their original, original plan. Ie, drop a tactical nuclear warhead on them each time one rears it's head. Makes more sense than the wall, anyway.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118553 on: December 26, 2013, 09:23:07 am »

Honestly, they probably should have remained with their original, original plan. Ie, drop a tactical nuclear warhead on them each time one rears it's head. Makes more sense than the wall, anyway.
Apparently the first one tanked 3 days of nukes before it died, which is why they built the robots.
Sig! Onol

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #118554 on: December 26, 2013, 09:39:26 am »

Apparently the first one tanked 3 days of nukes before it died, which is why they built the robots.
Not 3 days of nukes. Merely 3 tactical nukes were sufficient*. Which, while a lot, is a bit understandable, assuming the beasties are radiation resistant. A modified nuclear weapon should be able to kill them at once.

*After 6 days of everything else.

They perfected the nuking while building the robots.

Edit: Besides, with the location of the portal known, they could install the nuclear warheads right at the source, rather than having to destroy several cities.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 09:43:40 am by 10ebbor10 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118555 on: December 26, 2013, 09:46:43 am »

But then no giant robots punching monsters.
Sig! Onol

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #118556 on: December 26, 2013, 09:48:36 am »

Everyone arguing about nukes did not see the point of the movie, giant robots punching monsters.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118557 on: December 26, 2013, 09:50:21 am »

Everyone arguing about nukes did not see the point of the movie, giant robots punching monsters.
I think this sums up all complaints about unrealistic or impractical stuff in Pacific Rim.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #118558 on: December 26, 2013, 10:07:44 am »

Suspension of disbelief. I will accept that a movie based around giant robots punching giant monsters will have giant robots punching giant monsters, but the moment humans decide that destroying the enemy is not worth sacrificing human lives is the moment where I gather every time-traveling maguffin known to mankind and forcibly drop the entire red army into the rift and invade the aliens with the full might of proletariat rage.
Kaijyuu blue is before.
Soviet red is now.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #118559 on: December 26, 2013, 10:27:46 am »

I would personally have liked to see more Mark 1 fighting action, just because the Cherno looked pretty badass.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 7902 7903 [7904] 7905 7906 ... 13311