Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7946 7947 [7948] 7949 7950 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14382982 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ] WHY ARE WE YELLING? (Happy thread...?)
« Reply #119205 on: January 08, 2014, 09:33:26 am »

Warband was basically better in every way.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #119206 on: January 08, 2014, 09:40:33 am »

Warband was basically better in every way.

Well, no, I'd say M&B has way more interesting mods and porting them to Warband is either a quick and dirty process or a clean and incredibly tedious process.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119207 on: January 08, 2014, 09:57:32 am »

Sadly, I tried the demo for Warband and even after turning down the settings it ran very badly.
For now I'm going to buy the original- I guess Warband will go on the long, long list of games I need to play someday, when I have a decent enough PC to play them! :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119208 on: January 08, 2014, 10:35:14 am »

Yes. Warband does not like mods, unfortunately.

Speaking of Mods- tried to get together some people to do a Voice/Language Pack Mod for XCOM.
Except apparently the code on that game is obtuse to the point of being practically impenetrable.

Which isn't exactly happy thread.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119209 on: January 08, 2014, 10:35:58 am »

XCOM Enemy Within has the foreign languages and voices now.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119210 on: January 08, 2014, 10:40:11 am »

Although in my case it's limited to English (American), Spanish, French, German, Italian, Polish and Russian. God forbid I ever have a Chinese or Japanese or even Brazilian teammate - then they're stuck with American accents.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119212 on: January 08, 2014, 11:22:42 am »

Although in my case it's limited to English (American), Spanish, French, German, Italian, Polish and Russian. God forbid I ever have a Chinese or Japanese or even Brazilian teammate - then they're stuck with American accents.

Is the bits we were trying to fix.

We had most of the Asian languages, British, Scottish, Australian and South African. And a few other handraises before the guy who put himself in charge of coding came back and was all like 'Oh hell no'.

Good for a chuckle, if you like drunk stuff.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 11:24:48 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #119213 on: January 08, 2014, 01:08:18 pm »

DAMNIT YOU PEOPLE STOP HAVING INTERESTING AVATARS.

Skyrunner? Girl with hat? Who is that? I feel like I should know...
Google lets you search for images with images. You can find the source to most avatars that way.

Beware some avatars here I've noticed are cropped versions of NSFW images.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119214 on: January 08, 2014, 01:49:26 pm »

Aleecat, amirite?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #119215 on: January 08, 2014, 01:58:06 pm »

Aleecat, amirite?
* kaijyuu waggles eyebrows.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119216 on: January 08, 2014, 01:59:59 pm »

DAMNIT YOU PEOPLE STOP HAVING INTERESTING AVATARS.

Skyrunner? Girl with hat? Who is that? I feel like I should know...
Google lets you search for images with images. You can find the source to most avatars that way.

Beware some avatars here I've noticed are cropped versions of NSFW images.
Sure, but sometimes the only finds are bay12 one (linking to the same avatar), which aren't really helpful.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #119217 on: January 08, 2014, 02:03:11 pm »

A while ago I found an iPod on the street outside my work. It's a light density downtown urban area with a park adjacent and it's right next to a train station and bus hub.

Didn't see anybody around, so I went inside and got to work. Between tasks I checked out the iSomething. Dunno if it was a phone or just an iPod. No visible markings, screen is whole. Turned it on - it works! No identifying information on the desktop screen. Opened the contacts list and found like 3 people. Called one and got a response that day - turns out the guy lost it before he got on the train going to work. Gave it back to him when he came through on his way home.

There's a lot of foot traffic through the area when the train comes through. I must have found it soon after he dropped it.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #119218 on: January 08, 2014, 02:09:02 pm »

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if it ran better. Warband is more of a re-release than a sequel.

They are running on the basically same engine, except Warband's is tweaked to support HDR if you want/can use it, plus some other improvements and bugfixes, one of which is a very very important fix that is available for M&B but only in an unofficial release - namely, Large Address Awareness (without it if you have more than 2 GB RAM the game won't be able to use it).

Gameplay-wise, they are nigh-identical as well, except Warband adds another faction, kicking, and WAAAAAAAAAY better animations, plus multiplayer (sadly no co-op campaign, though last time I check a modder was on it).
They still didn't fix "alarums", though.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119219 on: January 08, 2014, 02:12:47 pm »

Sound the alurums!
Pages: 1 ... 7946 7947 [7948] 7949 7950 ... 13310