Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7947 7948 [7949] 7950 7951 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14382283 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ] WHY ARE WE YELLING? (Happy thread...?)
« Reply #119220 on: January 08, 2014, 02:26:16 pm »

* AlleeCat runs up to you, shouting alarums!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #119221 on: January 08, 2014, 02:27:11 pm »

Holy shit, hibiscus petals are delicious. I'm going to buy the grocery store's entire stock tomorrow.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #119222 on: January 08, 2014, 02:35:45 pm »

Yet another youth lost to the hibiscus dens. In five years' time his sallow face will be seen among the tenements, too preoccupied with his next petal fix to lament his degradation.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #119223 on: January 08, 2014, 02:37:27 pm »

And that's when I'll start selling drugs to make ends meet. However, having no experience, I'll probably flub it. "Get your coke, right here! We got classic coke, we got coke zero, we got cherry coke!"
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119224 on: January 08, 2014, 02:37:55 pm »

Is the bits we were trying to fix.

We had most of the Asian languages, British, Scottish, Australian and South African. And a few other handraises before the guy who put himself in charge of coding came back and was all like 'Oh hell no'.

Good for a chuckle, if you like drunk stuff.

What was the reasoning behind abandoning that plan?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119225 on: January 08, 2014, 02:44:53 pm »

And that's when I'll start selling drugs to make ends meet. However, having no experience, I'll probably flub it. "Get your coke, right here! We got classic coke, we got coke zero, we got cherry coke!"
And people will flock to you until you mention vanilla coke, whereupon they'll all leave in disgust. You'll be arrested four days after for sneaking into a garden centre and eating the plants.

A tragic tale.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #119226 on: January 08, 2014, 02:52:07 pm »

And the worst part is that, so blinded by my quest, I mistook poinsettia leaves for hibiscus petals. I got mauled by those confused drug dogs, and I wasn't even scrambling for the right plant!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119227 on: January 08, 2014, 02:55:17 pm »

Apparently you can make Hibiscus petals into tea:
Quote from: From Wikipedia, the great and powerful.
In Cambodia, a cold beverage can be prepared by first steeping the petals in hot water until the colors are leached from the petals, then adding lime juice (which turns the beverage from dark brown/red to a bright red), sweeteners (sugar/honey) and finally cold water/ice cubes.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #119228 on: January 08, 2014, 03:05:47 pm »

I learned the shuttle that was supposed to space-mail stuff to ISS is called Cygnus. Which is tooooootally not a reference to a kickass song, nosiree.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119229 on: January 08, 2014, 03:15:28 pm »

Yes. Warband does not like mods, unfortunately.

Speaking of Mods- tried to get together some people to do a Voice/Language Pack Mod for XCOM.
Except apparently the code on that game is obtuse to the point of being practically impenetrable.

Which isn't exactly happy thread.

Warband doesn't like mods? News to me.

EDIT:
I learned the shuttle that was supposed to space-mail stuff to ISS is called Cygnus. Which is tooooootally not a reference to a kickass song, nosiree.
Totally not the constellation either.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 03:17:14 pm by Morrigi »
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #119230 on: January 08, 2014, 03:21:18 pm »

Apparently you can make Hibiscus petals into tea:
Quote from: From Wikipedia, the great and powerful.
In Cambodia, a cold beverage can be prepared by first steeping the petals in hot water until the colors are leached from the petals, then adding lime juice (which turns the beverage from dark brown/red to a bright red), sweeteners (sugar/honey) and finally cold water/ice cubes.
That is what I recommend doing with them, yes. Note that, despite the wording, this works even if you are not in Cambodia.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119231 on: January 08, 2014, 03:22:17 pm »

Yes. Warband does not like mods, unfortunately.

Speaking of Mods- tried to get together some people to do a Voice/Language Pack Mod for XCOM.
Except apparently the code on that game is obtuse to the point of being practically impenetrable.

Which isn't exactly happy thread.

Warband doesn't like mods? News to me.

Yeah, it seems to more be that the (in my opinion) best mods were released for the original and then Warband came out and they didn't want to switch. Although Warband still has Prohpesy of Pendor and Phantasy Caladria in the mod department.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #119232 on: January 08, 2014, 03:31:33 pm »

EDIT:
Totally not the constellation either.

Yeah, but that's my point exactly. Nobody geeking out here, move right along, just us constelations here.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119233 on: January 08, 2014, 04:17:03 pm »

My dad gave me his old gas mask. The collection grows, soon i will, uh, well it doesn't matter i just want this stuff.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #119234 on: January 08, 2014, 04:21:55 pm »

My dad gave me his old gas mask. The collection grows, soon i will, uh, well it doesn't matter i just want this stuff.

You have a collection of gas masks?
Pages: 1 ... 7947 7948 [7949] 7950 7951 ... 13310