Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7949 7950 [7951] 7952 7953 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14376075 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ] WHY ARE WE YELLING? (Happy thread...?)
« Reply #119250 on: January 08, 2014, 09:35:26 pm »

Are you in the "lacks cheese" phase of the Nacho Cycle, or "has chips and cheese?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm fairly certain that I'm lactose intolerance, so I'm free of the delicious cycle.
Are you absolutely certain, because lactose intolerance isn't an all or nothing thing: you can get cramps from drinking milk and still be perfectly fine with cheese. (I think I've mentioned this on the forum before, though I don't recall if it was in reference to you or someone else mentioning such a thing).

And even if you might be intolerant of cheese, it doesn't hurt to check, since, as far as I can determine, intolerance can't kill you like an actual allergy can, it just makes you rather uncomfortable in a way.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #119251 on: January 08, 2014, 09:38:00 pm »

Bad gas from lactose intolerance can be really, really painful :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119252 on: January 08, 2014, 10:10:31 pm »

Heh. There was one time on a trip when I had bad bouts of gas after having a milkshake at a(n admittably sketchy) diner, and for the rest of the day, whenever I had dairy, I had gas. It finally clicked after eating a dessert at a restaurant that was basically a slice of ice cream cake about a foot tall (god damn it was good.), that maybe I was lactose intolerant. I accidentally said this aloud, and the entire table stared at me. The dessert was totally worth it though. Turns out I wasn't, it was just after effects of the milkshake.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #119253 on: January 08, 2014, 10:34:53 pm »

Naxza, ones perception of food greatly changes when you cook for yourself. Go and become the master of your own meal and fill your stomach!

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119254 on: January 08, 2014, 11:12:21 pm »

So basically, my mom is watching all these crime shows like Law&Order all the time, so I'm used to hearing statements in the vein of "Oh god, the terrorists have detonated a bomb inside the President's Internet!" from her room. Yesterday was something much different, though. I'm just sitting there when suddenly her computer is all like
HINE MA TOV, HINE MA TOOOOOV, LALALALA LALALALALALALA
Jewish music, why you so awesome.
Edit:extra "la"s are srs bsns or not? can't count
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 11:31:54 pm by Avis-Mergulus »
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #119255 on: January 08, 2014, 11:28:46 pm »

Played my first MtG draft in a very, very long time today. I did terribly, because I don't know how to Theros, but the consolation pack I bought at the end had a tremendously rare card in it that my best friend has been trying to get for as long as it's been available. She specifically wants to pull it from a pack, so I can't give it to her, and so this is just the universe continuing to use this set for cruelty. I laughed for about 10 minutes straight, and my face aches now.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #119256 on: January 08, 2014, 11:43:01 pm »

Played my first MtG draft in a very, very long time today. I did terribly, because I don't know how to Theros, but the consolation pack I bought at the end had a tremendously rare card in it that my best friend has been trying to get for as long as it's been available. She specifically wants to pull it from a pack, so I can't give it to her, and so this is just the universe continuing to use this set for cruelty. I laughed for about 10 minutes straight, and my face aches now.
I have some MtG cards somewhere, and I try to play but I'm just not good at deck building. I have plenty of good cards, and plenty of cards in general, but I just don't really know how to put them together into a deck that works together.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #119257 on: January 09, 2014, 12:48:35 am »

I couldn't come up with a word for "rambling monologue" that ends in "-ation", so I had to break a trend for special segues (analogous to special movement options). I don't actually care, though, it's not like there's a particular trend in Dodge, Close In, Withdraw, and Run, either.
Verbalization?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119258 on: January 09, 2014, 01:22:35 am »

I couldn't come up with a word for "rambling monologue" that ends in "-ation", so I had to break a trend for special segues (analogous to special movement options). I don't actually care, though, it's not like there's a particular trend in Dodge, Close In, Withdraw, and Run, either.
Verbalization?
Speechification.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119259 on: January 09, 2014, 01:25:10 am »

Pontification.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #119260 on: January 09, 2014, 01:37:58 am »

Agh, and Vector wins the prize! That's close enough to the intent* that I might be able to stretch it. I'm tempted to go back and change it from "ramble" now. But then I'd have go to create a trend like that for physical movement, to maintain symmetry... If I can make that happen, I might just do it. I'll devote some effort tomorrow.

*You go on a long tangent in the hopes of distracting your opponent from what you were actually talking about, like how we derail threads around here.

EDIT: Yeah, pontification seems more rambling about how right you are (on a meta level, as opposed to rambling about the things that actually make you right), so it'd be a bit of a stretch.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 01:41:32 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119261 on: January 09, 2014, 01:38:12 am »

Improvisation?

Is the bits we were trying to fix.

We had most of the Asian languages, British, Scottish, Australian and South African. And a few other handraises before the guy who put himself in charge of coding came back and was all like 'Oh hell no'.
What was the reasoning behind abandoning that plan?

Firaxis just made the game very difficult to mod.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119262 on: January 09, 2014, 01:41:37 am »

I have natural yoghurt. I have used god-tier tomfoolery in order to make this yoghurt taste like a biscuit. Fucking amazing what a bunch of spices and some honey can do for you.

* LordSlowpoke proceeds to wreck their stomach with dairy overdose

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119263 on: January 09, 2014, 01:50:25 am »

I do not understand.
Why not eat a biscuit?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119264 on: January 09, 2014, 01:53:11 am »

Something's wrong with the oven, I'll need to have an electrician take care of this if that's even possible.
Therefore, no more biscuits. They're carefully rationed for consumption alongside tea.
Pages: 1 ... 7949 7950 [7951] 7952 7953 ... 13310