Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8039 8040 [8041] 8042 8043 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14517685 times)

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
Re: [ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ] WHY ARE WE YELLING? (Happy thread...?)
« Reply #120600 on: January 30, 2014, 07:38:17 pm »

Funny, I just watched Dredd and then the Stallone Judge Dredd. I like what they were doing with Dredd (2012) but Judge Dredd (1995) has a better city and wackier funtime action.

Consider adding Demolition Man to your shelf.
Yeah, see, I think Judge Dredd (1995) could be quite decent movie. It has the right idea, or at least, many small ok ideas strewn across the movie. I only know little about Judge Dredd comic but I understand stupidities like Stalone posing as Dredd without helmet, but I also appreciate that distopic, oh-so-90's Megacity 1 design. But back a few years ago when I watched this movie again (or for the first time? Can't remember), I also spotted one of the banes of 90's movies - comic side-kick.
If there's one thing Judge Dredd could do without it's...that guy. I might watch it again soon for good/awful-times' sake though.
Hah, yeah, Demolition man. Fun movie. But from what I remember, I'd put Street Fighter way above it. Somehow, a lot of Sly's 90's movies have just that...strange feeling of directors trying to build a movie around the star but manage to forget to add just that little bit of flavor during the process. Well, not something movie industry would shy away from, especially in 90's, at least in my opinion.
But, dunno, currently, Street Fighter really stands above many such movies. It's just so...whimsical.
I mean, first time you see JCVD - he what, starts by throwing mean looks and then obscenities at the camera. Bison is an over the top dictator wannabe just like an evil mastermind from your favorite spy movie from 60's (with a hat for every occasion, heck, I bet they'd squeezed a man's length wide wardrobe devoted entirely for cloaks off the camera), ALL Zangief scenes are just pure gold and don't let me get started on those occasional silliness like "Napolen crossing the Alps" reference and things like that.

Street Fighter from 1994.
"For me it was Tuesday." Quite possibly the best line ever delivered.
Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. It's positively hilarious.

I love this movie.
Mortal Kombat tomorrow I guess.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 07:41:58 pm by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #120601 on: January 30, 2014, 07:47:25 pm »

Mortal Kombat?

Word of warning: never watch MK Annihilation.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120602 on: January 30, 2014, 07:50:02 pm »

I still appreciated Dredd as a film in it's own right. It's very well put together.

Plus the actor was hot. >_>
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120603 on: January 30, 2014, 07:59:06 pm »

I thought Dredd was a pretty good movie, definitely the best adaptation of the comic I've seen thus far, though really the only guy who could play Dredd himself would be Clint Eastwood. I think people would have more luck with another Dredd game with voice acting (done properly this time, not like Dredd vs Death) to be honest.

It's hard to adapt the style of the comics though. I haven't read as much Dredd as I would like but I'd say he's my favourite comic book character. Anything 2000AD really floats my boat. Strontium Dog was pretty rad as well.

I also really liked the old Action Comics. I've still got my Dad's collection with Major Easy and Joe Two-Beans and all that. Panzer G-Man was the best though.

My favourite story, if I remember it correctly, involved Panzer G-Man (who was some kind of Wehrmacht grenadier on the Eastern Front) out in some god forsaken snowy wasteland. He managed to take out a group of Red Army soldiers passing over his position by dipping his stick grenades in the icy water, then leaving them out for the Russians to find. When they grabbed ahold of the grenades to take them with them they were already primed, but they stuck to their hands and they couldn't throw them. They all blew up and Panzer G-Man just grimaced and lit a cigarette or something cool like that.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 08:02:57 pm by Owlbread »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120604 on: January 30, 2014, 08:00:58 pm »

Well, I never really read the comics myself. And I don't plan on reading them, either. So s'all good.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120605 on: January 30, 2014, 08:04:36 pm »

I must also claim that Dredd is another Scottish invention. He's right up there with the television, tarmacadam, the telephone etc. Just putting it out there.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 08:06:26 pm by Owlbread »

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #120606 on: January 30, 2014, 08:15:29 pm »

I think Karl Urban did excellent job as Dredd. Really made me more interested in other works he did, not counting LotR. Which, given he has a helmet over his head for an entire movie, should say something about how good I feel he represented the imposing presence that is Dredd.
Then again, that's just my humble opinion.

Mortal Kombat?

Word of warning: never watch MK Annihilation.
Oh, I've seen the warnings alright.
Actually had the pleasure of once catching a glimpse of the opening minutes of the movie. I think my father was beside me.

We stared in bafflement.

Still, I'll probably watch it one day. If not for any other reason than this scene.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120607 on: January 30, 2014, 08:50:46 pm »

And this is why I hate two-letter acronyms. Actually, three-letter acronyms aren't much better.
Hell no. There is only one MDK, and it is my childhood.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #120608 on: January 30, 2014, 08:51:42 pm »

... that was the one with the pointy head, wasn't it?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120609 on: January 30, 2014, 08:55:10 pm »

And this is why I hate two-letter acronyms. Actually, three-letter acronyms aren't much better.
Hell no. There is only one MDK, and it is my childhood.

Flange orbits man. Never again, not even for goulash.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120610 on: January 30, 2014, 09:02:15 pm »

... that was the one with the pointy head, wasn't it?
Yup. And back then, it was awesome.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #120611 on: January 30, 2014, 09:27:52 pm »

I still appreciated Dredd as a film in it's own right. It's very well put together.

Both of the leads were pretty cute, and if we're talking about actual technical stuff, the cinematography was great and I don't really remember it being all jumpy and shaky like most action movies nowadays that give me motion sickness.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #120612 on: January 30, 2014, 09:29:35 pm »

Both of the leads were pretty cute, and if we're talking about actual technical stuff, the cinematography was great and I don't really remember it being all jumpy and shaky like most action movies nowadays that give me motion sickness.
Agreed.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #120613 on: January 30, 2014, 09:43:44 pm »

My big debut in the choir business was last Sunday. Much loud. Very sing.

We are practicing a number of songs, but we are going to be doing a genuine Ominous Latin Chorus in a couple of weeks. "O vos omnes qui transitis, transitis, transitis,..."

Lotsa fun.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #120614 on: January 30, 2014, 09:52:43 pm »

And you'll finally be able to create final boss music for JRPGS
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 8039 8040 [8041] 8042 8043 ... 13311