Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8370 8371 [8372] 8373 8374 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14374840 times)

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
Re: [wot m8?] avin a giggle m8? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #125565 on: March 31, 2014, 05:58:35 pm »

Some dead pixels on my tablet turned out to be random flecks caught under the screen, woo! I just firmly tapped the screen until they slid under the bezel.
Oh that unscrupulous bezel.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125566 on: March 31, 2014, 06:03:02 pm »

I've finally figured out how to create rotating avatars! SignAvatar is your friend!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #125567 on: March 31, 2014, 06:13:47 pm »

Up until the point where you realize that nobody knows who you are because so many of us identify people first by their avatar, in lieu of a face.

--

I had one of those wonderful days where my last, small class ended up derailing itself (yet again) and the conversation (on the typical blend of politics, history, economics, linguistics, and philosophy), enabled by a broken clock, continued until a natural lull, at which point someone checked their watched and noticed that the class had ended fifteen minutes ago. So we kept talking for another half-hour, eventually filed out, and continued to converse across campus, eventually stopping at a convenient patch of grass, until the point where one of us casually mentioned that we'd been standing there for two hours.

That. That is the essence of what the modern educational system so dearly lacks, the sort of environment that enables things like this to happen constantly, and it makes me inordinately gleeful on the rare occasions when it does still arise naturally.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #125568 on: March 31, 2014, 06:16:20 pm »

Your story gave me a happy thought, it's great when that happens. And I bet your teacher was so excited to see people leaving class and actually still talking about the material.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125569 on: March 31, 2014, 07:10:34 pm »

Though, he said the class was derailed, so it may well be they -weren't- talking about the material.

If he's a good teacher though, he'd still be happy they were having an intellectual conversation.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125570 on: March 31, 2014, 07:15:58 pm »

This has been stuck in my head all day and it really does make me happy. The whole thing is cute (I understand that can be taken as demeaning, however that is not how I am meaning it) but OMG are those babies especially cute!
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #125571 on: March 31, 2014, 07:25:52 pm »

That's pretty awesome.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125572 on: March 31, 2014, 07:29:26 pm »

Spoiler: As requested. (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #125573 on: March 31, 2014, 07:33:43 pm »

Though, he said the class was derailed, so it may well be they -weren't- talking about the material.

If he's a good teacher though, he'd still be happy they were having an intellectual conversation.
Ah, our professor sort of enables us--she participates in it as much as anyone else. That aside, you start talking about the appeal of Stalinist communism in Eastern Europe after the failures and abuses of inter-war capitalist democracy and fascism, which leads to the rebuilding and industrialization of Eastern Europe after WWII, which leads to cultural shifts and the mirrored break with youth culture in East and West, which leads to the differences of perceptions of the other by Russians and Americans after the collapse of the Soviet Union, which leads to mutual lamenting of the quality of education in the U.S., which leads to a discussion of the cultural shift which has enabled recent generations to live without a real sense of purpose or much in the way of emotional maturity, which... &c.

I swear, post-war Europe is as much of a wiki-walk node as Hitler. Everything can lead to it, and everything can be arrived at through it.

That's pretty awesome.
Agreed; I don't think you came off as demeaning there, Kedly. "Cute" as a scornful diminutive is not something that should exist.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125574 on: March 31, 2014, 07:43:57 pm »

Yeah, I know. I never mean anything but positive when I use the word cute. But I guess it could be taken as patronising? Maybe that's the wrong word, but I think it conveys what I mean? Anyways yeah. I dont know how a video like that wouldnt be able to make me smile. They managed to capture the essence of "happy" in that video ^.^
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #125575 on: March 31, 2014, 07:45:27 pm »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125576 on: March 31, 2014, 08:31:45 pm »

So we played Settlers of Catan today, with three players. One got screwed from the beginning, me and the third one developed quite nicely.

After some time, I started to dominate. They tried to stop me a few points before victory, but I managed to pull through~
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125577 on: March 31, 2014, 09:12:08 pm »

This is getting sigged when I get home xD

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #125578 on: March 31, 2014, 09:50:57 pm »

This is getting sigged when I get home xD
It gets better. If the swagitude reaches critical swag (aka the hipster horizon) the accumulated swag rapidly undergoes indiezation, resulting in a swagsplosion. The effects shouldnt need description.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #125579 on: March 31, 2014, 10:04:21 pm »

Swagnificient.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?
Pages: 1 ... 8370 8371 [8372] 8373 8374 ... 13310