Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8467 8468 [8469] 8470 8471 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14647095 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: [wot m8?] avin a giggle m8? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #127020 on: April 20, 2014, 12:04:13 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Real glass, or skillful jogger?

So... is there any particular reason to buy from here, rather than my local clothes store?
I assume the crowdsourcing angle.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 12:06:03 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127021 on: April 20, 2014, 12:08:01 pm »

What is it.
An american company that makes some sweet raw selvedge jeans, and for the uninitiated, in #menswear community raw selvedge is like a megaproject: you aren't a true dwarf/steezer until you have some under your belt. They also make exceptional leather goods and shirts from japanese fabric, which is like any other fabric except it menaces with spikes of quality and is encirlced with bands of nice texture and not being made in sweatshops.

Say hello the the best jeans in the business, everybody, and the marketing is extremely clever too.

So... is there any particular reason to buy from here, rather than my local clothes store?
Very high quality at acceptable prices due to eliminating the middleman. You choose a project-product, you back it up, once they have enough backers they charge your account and put whatever you backed into production and then deliver it to you. This way they do not need to deal with overstocking, retailers and other cost-increasing issues, so the price is low while the quality beats that of, for example, Ralph Lauren by a huge margin.

I assume the crowdsourcing angle.
Yup. They took the internet and squeezed an entirely new business model out of it.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 12:18:05 pm by Knit tie »

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127022 on: April 20, 2014, 12:09:12 pm »

Say hello the the best jeans in the business, everybody, and the marketing is extremely clever too.
Now, I understand you are from a country where jeans were once legal tender, but they are not anymore, and $81 jeans can no longer buy you a small car.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127023 on: April 20, 2014, 12:22:37 pm »

It certainly seems like a nice idea, but buying jeans from a store here still works out as cheaper for me. :P
If there's a massive jump in quality, maybe it's still worthwhile, but then I usually buy my pants secondhand anyhow.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127024 on: April 20, 2014, 12:25:30 pm »

It certainly seems like a nice idea, but buying jeans from a store here still works out as cheaper for me. :P
If there's a massive jump in quality, maybe it's still worthwhile, but then I usually buy my pants secondhand anyhow.
I have jeans that look pretty much identical to the ones on that site that cost, IIRC, around $30. So, concerning 'designer' jeans:

"I call that getting swindled and pimped, shit
I call that getting tricked by business"
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127025 on: April 20, 2014, 12:33:04 pm »

Gustin quality is A.P.C. level, trust a guy shopping addict who has both, but the price difference is, well, you can see for yourself.

I have jeans that look pretty much identical to the ones on that site that cost, IIRC, around $30. So, concerning 'designer' jeans:

All jeans, barring the different washes, look pretty much identical, cause they are all jeans. However, some are jeans, like yours, some are +jeans+, like what Ralph Lauren makes, and some are ≡jeans≡, like the ones the brands I mentioned above sell.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127026 on: April 20, 2014, 12:33:17 pm »

Jokes on all you! I wear shorts exclusively.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127027 on: April 20, 2014, 12:34:25 pm »

Jokes on all you! I wear shorts exclusively.
Pleb.

Just kidding. The High Fashion's got you covered as well.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 12:36:14 pm by Knit tie »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127028 on: April 20, 2014, 12:37:30 pm »

Holymotherofgodthoseshortsare$770.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127029 on: April 20, 2014, 12:51:58 pm »

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127030 on: April 20, 2014, 01:23:39 pm »

Gustin quality is A.P.C. level, trust a guy shopping addict who has both, but the price difference is, well, you can see for yourself.

All jeans, barring the different washes, look pretty much identical, cause they are all jeans. However, some are jeans, like yours, some are +jeans+, like what Ralph Lauren makes, and some are ≡jeans≡, like the ones the brands I mentioned above sell.
So, you're acknowledging that they're purely a status symbol, and not even a cosmetic one but a "I feel better than you" one?

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127031 on: April 20, 2014, 01:32:25 pm »

So, you're acknowledging that they're purely a status symbol, and not even a cosmetic one but a "I feel better than you" one?
To be fair, all clothing beyond the very basic and/or protective gear is a status symbol.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 01:36:04 pm by Knit tie »

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127032 on: April 20, 2014, 02:04:24 pm »

So the people who crew Armored Personnel Carriers wear Gustins?

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127033 on: April 20, 2014, 02:24:00 pm »

Has Knit tie been taken over by an ad spambot or something? Just... the amount of Gustin shilling is too damn high :P

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #127034 on: April 20, 2014, 02:27:12 pm »

Holymotherofgodthoseshortsare$770.
They better be comfy and easy to wear.
Pages: 1 ... 8467 8468 [8469] 8470 8471 ... 13312