Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8468 8469 [8470] 8471 8472 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14498400 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: [wot m8?] avin a giggle m8? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #127035 on: April 20, 2014, 02:30:59 pm »

Gustin quality is A.P.C. level, trust a guy shopping addict who has both, but the price difference is, well, you can see for yourself.
So the people who crew Armored Personnel Carriers wear Gustins?
If you think that's a wierd name, try "Grunge John Orchestra: Exploson", "Comme des Garçons", "Bru Na Boinne" and half the brands here.

Holymotherofgodthoseshortsare$770.
They better be comfy and easy to wear.
It's Thom Browne, it's intentionally constructed to ride up your ass all the time and be uncomfortably tight in the legs.

Has Knit tie been taken over by an ad spambot or something? Just... the amount of Gustin shilling is too damn high :P
No, I am just a very devoted clothing fetishist.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 02:33:16 pm by Knit tie »

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #127036 on: April 20, 2014, 02:32:07 pm »

The whole last page of this topic is my happy.. the topics these threads have sometimes, heh.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127037 on: April 20, 2014, 02:35:59 pm »

The whole last page of this topic is my happy.. the topics these threads have sometimes, heh.
What, you like to see people trying to convince other people to buy designer clothing?

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #127038 on: April 20, 2014, 02:40:07 pm »

I just never took you as the designer shorts type. I assume this is the preferred wear on dacha visits? With burly men? Because the image of that is hilarious to me.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #127039 on: April 20, 2014, 02:46:17 pm »

But..those shorts looked horrible. And you say they're uncomfortable. Where is the logic?
And I buy pleb clothes. As in, no designer. My brother goes in for his labels, I simply do not care what I wear as long as colours don't clash, it fits me and isn't worn-out. I mean, I do have some designer stuff, but that's only because I liked how they looked more than any label they have, and my mother wanted an easy escape for a birthday present.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127040 on: April 20, 2014, 02:50:13 pm »

I make my own clothes, when I have the time and fabric. >_>
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127041 on: April 20, 2014, 03:31:45 pm »

I make my own clothes, when I have the time and fabric. >_>
*Falls to his knees in mindless worship of a superior being*
Pics?

I just never took you as the designer shorts type. I assume this is the preferred wear on dacha visits? With burly men? Because the image of that is hilarious to me.
I am not crazy enough to wear designer shorts yet. The two pairs I have were made from old trousers.

But..those shorts looked horrible. And you say they're uncomfortable. Where is the logic?
And I buy pleb clothes. As in, no designer. My brother goes in for his labels, I simply do not care what I wear as long as colours don't clash, it fits me and isn't worn-out. I mean, I do have some designer stuff, but that's only because I liked how they looked more than any label they have, and my mother wanted an easy escape for a birthday present.
There is no logic. The whole #menswear community is a drug, to be honest, a massive extortion sceme based around artificially creating demand with propaganda. I am enamoured with it solely because I am a pathetically shallow excuse for a human being who uses it as a distraction from his neverending existential crisis.

First of all, bespoke and made to measure clothing is an entirely different story, but it's so exceedingly rare nowadays that we might as well ignore it.

For a mentally mature guy, like yourself, any kind of clothing will do as long as you like how you look in it and it covers your privates. The whole designer craze isn't worth it, really, as the price/quality ratio is significantly worse than at, say, Gap and H&M. Brands like Gustin are an exception, which is why I'm so hyped up about it, but in general, a white drugstore t-shirt and a pair of Gap jeans, provided that they fit, will make you look as presentable to the 95% of the modern society as a crazily expensve Maison Martin Margiela button-down shirt and Brioni chinos. People who go for designer clothing tend to invent numerous excuses why it's good, but it's almost never good enough to warrant the price they pay, and in the end, the real reason why people like me exist is obsessive vanity, a twisted will to power that, in ages past, drove men to wars and murders, to injustices and oppression, a narcotic desire to be better, or at least to seem to be better, a terrible, gnawing maw of unjustified pride that, before long, becomes the sole standard against which you measure your actions.

So don't worry, you are not a pleb in my eyes. You are an ideal my wretched soul will never reach.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 03:37:00 pm by Knit tie »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #127042 on: April 20, 2014, 03:36:36 pm »

Today, while grocery shopping, I noticed they are now selling brownie-filled chocolate chip cookies.

I bought some.

I got home.

And ate some. I will eat more, tomorrow.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127043 on: April 20, 2014, 03:45:05 pm »

Who said I was mentally mature?  :P

And...buying designer clothes doesn't make you wretched. It just makes you fashionable.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127044 on: April 20, 2014, 03:46:56 pm »

Nothing in my wardrobe cost more than $30, including my shoes and NFL coat (hooray, goodwill!) Granted, that's more out of poverty than brand snobbery, however. That said, I'll continue to dress exactly as I always have, even though I've more than doubled my yearly wages from last year. Being above the poverty line, even just barely, is weird.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127045 on: April 20, 2014, 03:49:59 pm »

So don't worry, you are not a pleb in my eyes. You are an ideal my wretched soul will never reach.
Knit, you belong in fin-de-siecle Paris. You'd fit right in.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127046 on: April 20, 2014, 03:51:45 pm »

I have a friend who, when he isn't wearing his school uniform, is wearing a suit. He also has a pocket watch and a top hat, though he doesn't wear the top hat. Thankfully.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127047 on: April 20, 2014, 03:53:30 pm »

I have a habit of spouting poetic-sounding bullshit when depressed.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127048 on: April 20, 2014, 03:56:00 pm »

I do that when I'm depressed. And happy. Really, between the two moods only the flavour of the nonsense changes.

Hell, I have 65 Word Document pages of poetry.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127049 on: April 20, 2014, 03:58:23 pm »

I have a habit of spouting poetic-sounding bullshit when depressed.
My point still stands. Maybe you could pick up drinking absinthe.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 8468 8469 [8470] 8471 8472 ... 13311