Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8517 8518 [8519] 8520 8521 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14646974 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: [wot m8?] avin a giggle m8? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #127770 on: April 27, 2014, 04:49:52 am »

demonic bunny in samurai garb
Pics?

Sorry for the wait, pesky thing called sleep got in the way, here's the WIP :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127771 on: April 27, 2014, 04:55:35 am »

Dat... dat is pretty dang cool.
Those look almost like exhaust pipes protruding from his/her shoulders, to me. Either way, it would make one damn cool protagonist for something. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127772 on: April 27, 2014, 05:12:35 am »

just had a 31v43 naval battle in patrician 3

i actually came out 7 ships ahead due to boarding the fuck out of everything

it was a mess, but a satisfying mess

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #127773 on: April 27, 2014, 05:34:13 am »

Also, upon further working out of his backstory I realised he was kinda like Gungrave in that regard. Criminal hitman with a troubled childhood, killed, and then brought back from the dead against his will to continue killing, tho in this case it was goverment backed ressurection to fight an invading enemy.

And those things on his back should be sword handles, but they're kinda rough and messy and don't really appear as such XD
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #127774 on: April 27, 2014, 05:46:20 am »

I just found a 5 leaf clover.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #127775 on: April 27, 2014, 06:45:38 am »

demonic bunny in samurai garb
Pics?

Sorry for the wait, pesky thing called sleep got in the way, here's the WIP :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Reminds me of that butcher armor guy in FMA Brotherhood.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127776 on: April 27, 2014, 07:10:45 am »

I beat my challenge run of Pokemon X, where I only have 6 random pokemon of other people's choosing + not allowed to use the stores at any point. I ended up beating the champ with a Charizard, a Marowak, A Butterfree, a Pigeot, an Electross, and a Carrascosta. It bothers me deeply how disgustingly easy the game is, it's a children's game, but come on.

So I'm redoing it, this time with the added rule that I'm not allowed to accept Starters or any other pokemon I've beaten the game with previously, including in my vanilla run. I still anticipate that it's gonna be pretty easy, since I'm pretty sure you can't ladle on enough challenges to give the game anything resembling an actual difficulty curve.

...but I enjoy the randomness of not knowing what you're gonna be working with, and I enjoy finally stepping out of my comfort zone with certain Mons, since it'd always be the case where most get neglected, placed into the PC, never to be seen again. This forces me to actually use them! Plus there's quite alot that's been added to the Universe since I stopped playing in the good ol' days of RBY, so there's alot to learn. And the game just has a kind of innocent charm to it, that's appealing.

So in my new run, I'm starting with a Poliwag, a Dwebble, and after trading the Squirtle that Prof gives you, I get a Heracross. So It's a Water type, a Bug/rock type, and a bug/fighting type. It already feels like it's gonna be more fun.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #127777 on: April 27, 2014, 10:00:05 am »

I have a looooooot of pointless boring stuff to write for Tuesday and Wednesday, but I managed to finish two out of five and start another one.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127778 on: April 27, 2014, 10:33:59 am »

I beat my challenge run of Pokemon X, where I only have 6 random pokemon of other people's choosing + not allowed to use the stores at any point. I ended up beating the champ with a Charizard, a Marowak, A Butterfree, a Pigeot, an Electross, and a Carrascosta. It bothers me deeply how disgustingly easy the game is, it's a children's game, but come on.

So I'm redoing it, this time with the added rule that I'm not allowed to accept Starters or any other pokemon I've beaten the game with previously, including in my vanilla run. I still anticipate that it's gonna be pretty easy, since I'm pretty sure you can't ladle on enough challenges to give the game anything resembling an actual difficulty curve.

...but I enjoy the randomness of not knowing what you're gonna be working with, and I enjoy finally stepping out of my comfort zone with certain Mons, since it'd always be the case where most get neglected, placed into the PC, never to be seen again. This forces me to actually use them! Plus there's quite alot that's been added to the Universe since I stopped playing in the good ol' days of RBY, so there's alot to learn. And the game just has a kind of innocent charm to it, that's appealing.

So in my new run, I'm starting with a Poliwag, a Dwebble, and after trading the Squirtle that Prof gives you, I get a Heracross. So It's a Water type, a Bug/rock type, and a bug/fighting type. It already feels like it's gonna be more fun.
Have you tried Nuzlocke runs? Any fainted 'mons are "dead", you can only catch one 'mon per route (must be the first one you find), and you can add whatever other rules you wish (no stores is a popular one).
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127779 on: April 27, 2014, 02:46:32 pm »

KITTEH x3

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127780 on: April 27, 2014, 02:50:29 pm »

-snip-
I assume that you're not using the Experience Share? Because that thing makes the game disgustingly easy.

...Don't use items at all, maybe?

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #127781 on: April 27, 2014, 04:30:49 pm »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #127782 on: April 27, 2014, 04:44:50 pm »

Weather! I stood outside for 30 seconds, and by the end of it, I was completely drenched in rainwater. So then I spent some more time walking around. And there's been a nonstop rumble of thunder for like the past 20 minutes, which makes sense with all the lightning. It's great. :D
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127783 on: April 27, 2014, 04:56:44 pm »

The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #127784 on: April 27, 2014, 05:09:47 pm »

I can use my tablet as a mouse and keyboard for my desktop. I have been amusing myself for the past 5 minutes by opening and closing Chrome from the other side of the room.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 8517 8518 [8519] 8520 8521 ... 13312