Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8518 8519 [8520] 8521 8522 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14541390 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: [wot m8?] avin a giggle m8? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #127785 on: April 27, 2014, 05:17:14 pm »

I beat my challenge run of Pokemon X, where I only have 6 random pokemon of other people's choosing + not allowed to use the stores at any point. I ended up beating the champ with a Charizard, a Marowak, A Butterfree, a Pigeot, an Electross, and a Carrascosta. It bothers me deeply how disgustingly easy the game is, it's a children's game, but come on.

So I'm redoing it, this time with the added rule that I'm not allowed to accept Starters or any other pokemon I've beaten the game with previously, including in my vanilla run. I still anticipate that it's gonna be pretty easy, since I'm pretty sure you can't ladle on enough challenges to give the game anything resembling an actual difficulty curve.

...but I enjoy the randomness of not knowing what you're gonna be working with, and I enjoy finally stepping out of my comfort zone with certain Mons, since it'd always be the case where most get neglected, placed into the PC, never to be seen again. This forces me to actually use them! Plus there's quite alot that's been added to the Universe since I stopped playing in the good ol' days of RBY, so there's alot to learn. And the game just has a kind of innocent charm to it, that's appealing.

So in my new run, I'm starting with a Poliwag, a Dwebble, and after trading the Squirtle that Prof gives you, I get a Heracross. So It's a Water type, a Bug/rock type, and a bug/fighting type. It already feels like it's gonna be more fun.
Have you tried Nuzlocke runs? Any fainted 'mons are "dead", you can only catch one 'mon per route (must be the first one you find), and you can add whatever other rules you wish (no stores is a popular one).
You could also try some rules that prevent grinding, although those tend to be a pain in the ass to work out.  You can't really restrict the number of wild pokemon encounters, for example, since they're random.  You could also say no pokemon centers, but then you'd run out of PP pretty consistently.

I once tried to do a Nuzlocke run where I could only use each pokemon center 3 times.  I, well, died.  That's how that ended.  Stupid gym leaders.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #127786 on: April 27, 2014, 05:35:23 pm »

You can restrict the number of wild encounters, actually. Gameshark et al stuff. Squelch 'em entirely, or limit yourself to only X per route or somethin'. Dunno how viable that is with the newer stuff, but you could definitely manage with any of 'em up to the DS.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #127787 on: April 27, 2014, 05:35:58 pm »

Wedding went off perfectly yesterday! A little tired today but very happy.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127788 on: April 27, 2014, 05:38:52 pm »

Wedding went off perfectly yesterday! A little tired today but very happy.
'gratz, man.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #127790 on: April 27, 2014, 06:31:20 pm »

You can restrict the number of wild encounters, actually. Gameshark et al stuff. Squelch 'em entirely, or limit yourself to only X per route or somethin'. Dunno how viable that is with the newer stuff, but you could definitely manage with any of 'em up to the DS.
DS has perfectly viable action replay codes afaik up to diamond/pearl/plat. Prob'ly further, but my AR broke in the long ago time of 2009.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #127791 on: April 27, 2014, 07:05:03 pm »

This new Cucumber Quest update made me laugh harder than it should
Yeeaaaah... how peridot hides those giant brass balls under that skirt, the world is probably better off not knowing.

Still. Recent arc-thingy has definitely made me look forward to the future of CQ. It's feeling like it's starting to slide toward a very interesting deconstruction of the normal heroic stuff.

I mean, moreso than it was.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #127792 on: April 27, 2014, 09:46:08 pm »

Rosario + Vampire epilogue. A  marry them all ending  :3

Nek minute third season of manga. I would be super happy if that happened.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #127793 on: April 27, 2014, 10:01:22 pm »

I ate ice cream today. The flavor was "Mystic white gold". It tasted kinda strange.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127794 on: April 27, 2014, 10:41:19 pm »

I ate ice cream today. The flavor was "Mystic white gold". It tasted kinda strange.
Maybe it was made with real mystic white gold. Actually, with the mystic part I think it's probably a street name for some drug abbreviated MWG. "Methawillzyxgermanium" or something.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127795 on: April 27, 2014, 10:53:59 pm »

Played some guitar today. Felt like I made a little bit of progress. Not much, mind you, but I don't plan on becoming a rock star.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #127796 on: April 27, 2014, 10:56:27 pm »

You just secretly wish it to yourself every night.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127797 on: April 27, 2014, 10:56:47 pm »

Secretly?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #127798 on: April 27, 2014, 10:57:08 pm »

Hehehe, some info about Microsoft's Cortana system on Windows Phone: http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/27/5659004/cortana-kids-windows-phone-privacy
This bit at the end is quite entertaining:
Jen Taylor, the voice of the original Cortana in Halo, supplies some voice work when the phone is questioned about Halo. For all other queries, a synthesized voiced based on Taylor's will be used.
So apparently they actually created a voice synth based on the actual voice actor from the Halo series. The fact that a core feature of one of the largest tech company's OS is a video game character, and which is intended to serve essentially the same role as said video game character... That's amazing. And why Microsoft is one of the cooler tech companies out there, despite their reputation.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127799 on: April 27, 2014, 11:00:10 pm »

Gotta cash in on all dem Halo players some more.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 8518 8519 [8520] 8521 8522 ... 13312