Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8802 8803 [8804] 8805 8806 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14382981 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: [\_|-|_/] Kanmusu hijack lawl (Happy thread!)
« Reply #132045 on: June 18, 2014, 11:04:57 pm »

Bought Xenonaughts a while back; quite a solid original X-Com remake thus far. They even manage to pull off some pretty decent backstory bits for the research.

"Haha, these troops all have default armor which is bright, baby blue; they should at least be wearing camo!"
*reads the ufopedia*
default armor entry says something similar to: "Though widely mocked by the men, the choice for bright, baby blue uniforms was made because we don't have any idea what the visual processing system in aliens is like, or even what spectrum they see in, thus rendering camouflage pointless. Instead, we opted for a design which would allow our troops maximum awareness of one another's positions on the battlefield."

Or Alenium:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Overall quite impressed at the plausibility and interesting tidbits woven into the research notes/ufopedia.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132046 on: June 18, 2014, 11:05:01 pm »

Oh hey, this place is still here. Hi everyone. Long time no see. Seems we're arguing about... something or other. Regardless, it is a joy to see old names again! Especially doing exactly what they always have!
* Descan pillages the lion.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #132047 on: June 18, 2014, 11:08:23 pm »

On a more updatey note since I haven't been to this section of the board in years, medical school is starting in the fall. When I go I'm getting a studio apartment just off campus and a decent monthly allowance. Life is good! (until the work starts)
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #132048 on: June 18, 2014, 11:10:58 pm »

Yeah, I don't know how that went from "age doesn't predict your abilities precisely" to "Don't be average! Always strive for improvment!"
Wait, you mean that there's something wrong with the thought process of  "Don't be average! Always strive for improvment!". Shit, I knew I was doing something wrong. I need to improve better. Gotta improve my improvement.

Also, to all the people going "I interpret that as meaning you're fine with average, so strive to be good!"

I already do, and I've just had the worst school year of my life where I actually strove for most of the year, and often achieved the goals I set, but still had people screaming that same demand into my face, no matter how many extra things I did, so no more of that, if possible.

Sorry, had to get it out.
You just got into high school, right? You just had freshman year? High school sucks. Freshman year really sucks. Most freshmen are naive filthy casuals who have no idea what they're getting into and tend to be stupid. Scientific fact. Everyone looks back on freshman year and wonders why they were so stupid, everyone looks at the new freshman and say "wow, they get worse every year." Coincidentally, these statements are practically cliche tropes now. Like "Back in my day."

Life gets better, and people mostly hopefully probably will get better.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #132049 on: June 18, 2014, 11:16:19 pm »

Another happy return!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132050 on: June 18, 2014, 11:23:27 pm »

Things are looking up for me. Hard to believe that just over a year ago I was severely depressed and thinking that I was a useless, pointless waste of carbon  :-\
Not any more, though. So yay.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #132051 on: June 19, 2014, 12:08:16 am »

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132054 on: June 19, 2014, 12:16:36 am »

No, Steam please, I only have $20.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #132055 on: June 19, 2014, 12:17:21 am »

Things are looking up for me. Hard to believe that just over a year ago I was severely depressed and thinking that I was a useless, pointless waste of carbon  :-\
Not any more, though. So yay.
Yes, you are a good use of carbon. Would carbon again.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #132056 on: June 19, 2014, 12:19:32 am »

Steam Summer Sale 2014
That's unfortunate. I now regret spending all my monies on keeping my car from exploding slightly.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #132057 on: June 19, 2014, 12:19:55 am »

Oh hey, this place is still here. Hi everyone. Long time no see. Seems we're arguing about... something or other. Regardless, it is a joy to see old names again! Especially doing exactly what they always have!
Shiiin! :))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #132059 on: June 19, 2014, 12:21:17 am »

Yes, you are a good use of carbon. Would carbon again.
Not just carbon, but carbonne, with two ns, an invisible umlaut, and a (not so?) subtle innuendo as to their sexual preferences.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 8802 8803 [8804] 8805 8806 ... 13310