Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9251 9252 [9253] 9254 9255 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14384457 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: [╰(゜益゜)╯︵ /(.□. /] BURRITOTOWN RETURNS?!?! (Happy thread!)
« Reply #138780 on: August 26, 2014, 11:47:50 pm »

"I don't play games unless it's CoD 54 or up. You wouldn't last 2 seconds in the Saturn ring wars scrub."
Is...is it wrong that I now want this? I mean think about it, a shooter where the player(s) are in zero-g, have to navigate with thrusters ala KSP EVA suits and then maybe you have ships flying around having their own battle and you can magnetize your boots to the hull to catch a ride out of, or into a sticky situation. And there's asteroids and debris inbetween because rings. Plus railguns and missles with a range in the 10s of kilometers....I WANT THIS SO MUCH NOW. Granted CoD would screw it up of course, but the idea is sound.

Whadda 'bout bacon on the free pizza?

Hmmm?
Good bacon and good pizza do not mix. If they do, the world explodes.
So you're saying we have now weaponized pizza and bacon?

WE ARE GODS
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #138781 on: August 26, 2014, 11:54:02 pm »

"I don't play games unless it's CoD 54 or up. You wouldn't last 2 seconds in the Saturn ring wars scrub."
Is...is it wrong that I now want this? I mean think about it, a shooter where the player(s) are in zero-g, have to navigate with thrusters ala KSP EVA suits and then maybe you have ships flying around having their own battle and you can magnetize your boots to the hull to catch a ride out of, or into a sticky situation. And there's asteroids and debris inbetween because rings. Plus railguns and missles with a range in the 10s of kilometers....I WANT THIS SO MUCH NOW. Granted CoD would screw it up of course, but the idea is sound.
This sounds amazing. We need to nuke Activision or something before they get their mucky paws on it.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #138782 on: August 26, 2014, 11:57:30 pm »

i love the analogys of the ghost in prequel
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138783 on: August 27, 2014, 12:07:44 am »

I didn't really put much thought into it but yea, space infantry combat game based around someplace like saturn's rings?  That would be pretty damn awesome.

I can think of good game ideas without even trying!  Hire Greiger for your next game design.  I only charge 10% of the gross profits.  Hire your own Greiger today before somebody else snatches him up.  Like valve...probably valve.

@bacon Pizza
Make homemade pizza crust.  Apply sauce, cheese and maybe pepperoni.  Place in oven to bake.  5 minutes before the pizza is finished baking apply bacon to frying pan.  Fry bacon. Remove fully cooked pizza from oven.

And finally combine the pizza with the bacon then rejoice because it is the second coming of Pizza Jesus.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 12:13:41 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #138784 on: August 27, 2014, 12:11:05 am »

I think zero-g combat would be more fun for indoors environments. 10km range railguns just sound like the same old boring sniper vs sniper crap.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138785 on: August 27, 2014, 12:14:01 am »

i love the analogys of the ghost in prequel
although everybody seems to have missed the point about the analogies about telekinesis. The ghost was saying manipulate the magic around the peg rather then use your own magic.

or maybe im just saying that because thats kinda how magic works in the magic academy game im running

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138786 on: August 27, 2014, 12:27:37 am »

Unfortunately it died, I don't think any servers are still up, let alone populated... But there was a Source Engine mod that is *exactly* what you guys are talking about. Zero-g fighting, asteroid belt, can use ships, etc.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/17550/

It might not be as dead as I thought? But it also might not have the zero-g fighting/infantry-in-space that I remember. I swear you could exit the ship in infantry and jet over to the enemy ship! D:
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 12:32:48 am by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138787 on: August 27, 2014, 12:41:43 am »

I didn't really put much thought into it but yea, space infantry combat game based around someplace like saturn's rings?  That would be pretty damn awesome.

I can think of good game ideas without even trying!  Hire Greiger for your next game design.  I only charge 10% of the gross profits.  Hire your own Greiger today before somebody else snatches him up.  Like valve...probably valve.
Shattered Horizon. Check it out. It's even based in a planetary ring!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #138788 on: August 27, 2014, 12:53:56 am »

https://twitter.com/BoredElonMusk
Ties with gift receipts are Dad Bitcoin.
What percentage of corporate America would be unemployed if PowerPoint and  Email didn't exist?
Taking a break to see Guardians of the Galaxy this afternoon. Also might go catch a movie later.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138789 on: August 27, 2014, 12:56:51 am »

I'm going to fucking drown in knowledge this semester. Feels good. I'm still not entirely sure how I wound up taking a course on International Law, but I'm both wildly unprepared and highly motivated to get prepared by the time exams roll around. And on days I'm not doing that, I have all manner of computer science classes I have no business being in to study for. :3
Hooray for knowledge.

free food is the best.
Right? I've got like, two different grad student orientations to attend next week - attendance is ensured through the offer of free food.
free food was always the best part of the university talks we used to have i cant remember which one it was but one of the universities had these amazing jellybeans.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138791 on: August 27, 2014, 12:58:57 am »

Unfortunately it died, I don't think any servers are still up, let alone populated... But there was a Source Engine mod that is *exactly* what you guys are talking about. Zero-g fighting, asteroid belt, can use ships, etc.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/17550/

It might not be as dead as I thought? But it also might not have the zero-g fighting/infantry-in-space that I remember. I swear you could exit the ship in infantry and jet over to the enemy ship! D:
Im going to assume you mean half life 2 mod a source engine mod would just be a new engine. maybe you meant a game made with the source engine but in that case mod is defiantly the wrong word.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138792 on: August 27, 2014, 01:02:01 am »

No, source engine is correct. It's using the source engine, and it's a modification :V

You don't need to have HL2 to play it, therefore it cannot be a half life 2 mod. You just need a source engine game, like TF2 or Counter-Strike: Source. If you could get it stand-alone, it wouldn't be a mod. The fact that you need another source game to provide the engine, that makes it a source engine mod~!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #138793 on: August 27, 2014, 01:03:14 am »

Counter Strike is a Half-Life mod, but Counter Strike: Global Offensive is a game.

It's pretty difficult to tell the difference once your modding tools have enough capabilities.

Heck, Dota's a Warcraft III mod, but Dota 2's a Source Engine/Source Engine 2 game; Hero Line Wars is a mod for Warcraft III and a mod for Dota 2. Mods and games and distinctions are getting friggin weird.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 01:05:17 am by Putnam »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138794 on: August 27, 2014, 01:05:04 am »

Less than an hour till I'm an adult, and I've finished hand crafting a character sheet for my next FGRP game. Now to proofread the OP, and get ready to publish it in the morning.
Pages: 1 ... 9251 9252 [9253] 9254 9255 ... 13310