Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9252 9253 [9254] 9255 9256 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14382823 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: [╰(゜益゜)╯︵ /(.□. /] BURRITOTOWN RETURNS?!?! (Happy thread!)
« Reply #138795 on: August 27, 2014, 01:05:53 am »

Counter Strike: Source is stand-alone game that you can buy, and you don't need another game to run it. Therefore, I do not consider it a mod.

Might be mod in origin, but so was TF2, and that's a game, not a mod.

At any rate, this isn't about whether Eternal Silence is a mod or not. It is a mod, but I don't think it's a half life 2 mod, but a source mod. I don't think it uses any Half Life 2 assets, except the engine. Same engine as TF2 or Counter Strike: Source. And you can use those, or other source engine stand-alone games, to run Eternal Silence, which makes it a source mod, not HL2 mod~
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 01:07:30 am by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #138796 on: August 27, 2014, 01:07:35 am »

Less than an hour till I'm an adult, and I've finished hand crafting a character sheet for my next FGRP game. Now to proofread the OP, and get ready to publish it in the morning.
what do you mean till your an adult how can you suddenly tell when you become an adult

No, source engine is correct. It's using the source engine, and it's a modification :V

You don't need to have HL2 to play it, therefore it cannot be a half life 2 mod. You just need a source engine game, like TF2 or Counter-Strike: Source. If you could get it stand-alone, it wouldn't be a mod. The fact that you need another source game to provide the engine, that makes it a source engine mod~!
hm thats a tricky one im thinking that means if anything its based off garys mod or maybe its just that for some reason the engine isent packaged with the game.

edit: hm seems your right it says here mod how very confusing
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 01:09:09 am by tuypo1 »
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138797 on: August 27, 2014, 01:09:15 am »

It's not packaged with the game, I'm pretty sure they're not allowed to package the engine in with the game, even if all the rest of the assets are ES-specific.

They'd only be able to package the engine with the game if Valve gave them permission to release as a stand-alone game, and considering it's dead as a doornail, I don't see that happening any time soon :P
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #138798 on: August 27, 2014, 01:09:34 am »

OMG

I CAME OUT OF THE CLOSET TO MY YOUNGER BROTHER.  HE'S TOTALLY FINE WITH IT.

HE KINDA SUSPECTED ALREADY, HIS WIFE PRETTY MUCH HAD IT FIGURED OUT.

EVERYTHING IS OK NOW.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138799 on: August 27, 2014, 01:10:05 am »

Less than an hour till I'm an adult, and I've finished hand crafting a character sheet for my next FGRP game. Now to proofread the OP, and get ready to publish it in the morning.
what do you mean till your an adult how can you suddenly tell when you become an adult
I was born on the 27th of August. I am currently 17. It is 11:10 PM right now. 50 minutes till midnight, and a new day and year.
OMG

EVERYTHING IS OK NOW.
Congrats!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138800 on: August 27, 2014, 01:10:14 am »

Rite of passage. He's going to eat some live scorpions or some shit.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #138801 on: August 27, 2014, 01:10:35 am »

legal

No, source engine is correct. It's using the source engine, and it's a modification :V

You don't need to have HL2 to play it, therefore it cannot be a half life 2 mod. You just need a source engine game, like TF2 or Counter-Strike: Source. If you could get it stand-alone, it wouldn't be a mod. The fact that you need another source game to provide the engine, that makes it a source engine mod~!
hm thats a tricky one im thinking that means if anything its based off garys mod or maybe its just that for some reason the engine isent packaged with the game.

...nope, not quite how mods work. Garry's mod mods are mods of Garry's mod because they use Garry's Mod's lua library.

Fun fact: Garry's Mod has Prop Hunt. Team Fortress 2 has Prop Hunt. Dota 2 has Prop Hunt. Why hasn't Valve made Prop Hunt 2 yet? :P

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #138802 on: August 27, 2014, 01:12:39 am »

The Elder Scrolls games now have two different conflicting explanations for why Cyrodiil is a jungle.

Fuck your canon, ain't no such thing.
errors on the part of one of the Heimskrs.
The funny thing is that "heimskr" is Old Norse for "stupid".
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138803 on: August 27, 2014, 01:14:06 am »

It's not packaged with the game, I'm pretty sure they're not allowed to package the engine in with the game, even if all the rest of the assets are ES-specific.

They'd only be able to package the engine with the game if Valve gave them permission to release as a stand-alone game, and considering it's dead as a doornail, I don't see that happening any time soon :P

indeed its all quite confusing

OMG

EVERYTHING IS OK NOW.
hooray for social acceptance

I was born on the 27th of August. I am currently 17. It is 11:10 PM right now. 50 minutes till midnight, and a new day and year.
OMG

EVERYTHING IS OK NOW.
Congrats!

ah i see 18 the best part of being 18 is you get to be called mr instead of master now

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138804 on: August 27, 2014, 01:16:10 am »

I don't. I get called Madame, much to my confusion. I don't think I look married.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138805 on: August 27, 2014, 01:19:37 am »

Rite of passage. He's going to eat some live scorpions or some shit.
Damnit, no one told me I got to eat live scorpions when the clock strikes 12.
Quick, Craigslist! Find me some sketchy guy wanting to get rid of his live scorpions!

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138806 on: August 27, 2014, 01:26:04 am »

dwarves should have some sort of rite of passage

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138807 on: August 27, 2014, 01:28:58 am »

It's called 'surviving' :P

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #138808 on: August 27, 2014, 01:31:11 am »

It's called Daycare.

Edit: Dammit Descan you magnificent bastard
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138809 on: August 27, 2014, 01:34:18 am »

hm i just had an idea a mod that causes all dwarves to throw a tantrum when they become adults as a rite of passage

Pages: 1 ... 9252 9253 [9254] 9255 9256 ... 13310