Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9269 9270 [9271] 9272 9273 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14526107 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: [???] What do they kno? Snoooooooooo (Happy thread)
« Reply #139050 on: August 28, 2014, 10:53:22 pm »

I got Watch_Dogs!

And it's fucking great (IMO)!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139051 on: August 28, 2014, 11:02:22 pm »

I got Watch_Dogs!

And it's fucking great (IMO)!
Protip: Grab a motorcycle. Makes driving much better.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #139052 on: August 28, 2014, 11:06:08 pm »

Don't I fucking know it. I also may've drove through a fence, smashed a picnic table, and kept driving. The table was occupied by two lovely African American fellows.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139053 on: August 28, 2014, 11:24:32 pm »

I got to the point where I could parallel park with trucks. By that time, however, I'd just about beaten the game. Driving with wasd is hard.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #139054 on: August 28, 2014, 11:24:55 pm »

Got my Oculus Rift Dev Kit 2 today. After many hours of trying to figure out why demos weren't working, I stumbled across the fact that demos made for the Dev Kit 1 will almost certainly not work correctly, if at all. Additionally, I may need to get contacts or something, because my glasses almost entirely kill my depth perception (something I've noticed to a lesser extent even without the rift) and because they're just plain awkward. And because of multiple lenses in a row, ends up giving bad image quality. So if you've got glasses for extreme nearsightedness beyond their 'B' lenses in the rift, you may want to look into alternatives if you want to pick up a rift (I suspect stronger or even prescription lenses could be found online with sufficient digging though).

Aside from those issues, it's pretty dang cool. The demo sitting at a desk was pretty neat; aside from the head tracking losing my position due to sitting about 4 feet closer than I'm supposed to (it recommends 5 feet), it managed very well to keep up the VR experience.

Elite Dangerous was a bit more interesting. Being able to fly past an asteroid, craning your neck back to watch it pass overhead is really cool. Unfortunately, due to aforementioned vision issues, using glasses was a bit annoying, while not using them left everything too blurry to legally fly a spaceship in empty space, let alone a dogfight. There was some framerate choppiness, though I hadn't turned down the settings, so that wasn't much different from normal.

Then there's the people demos. There's a whole bunch of these sort of tech demos, some with CG people and some with actual laser-scanned recreations of people. These are super-cool. I had heard a lot about these, and how they apparently invoked a sense of 'invading someone else's personal space' and can wholly confirm that. The head tracking combined with the very good 3D very much gives you a sense of 'being there' and makes it feel much more real than you would think it would.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #139055 on: August 28, 2014, 11:28:15 pm »

Cool! Now play this with it.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139057 on: August 28, 2014, 11:32:17 pm »

Got my Oculus Rift Dev Kit 2 today. After many hours of trying to figure out why demos weren't working, I stumbled across the fact that demos made for the Dev Kit 1 will almost certainly not work correctly, if at all. Additionally, I may need to get contacts or something, because my glasses almost entirely kill my depth perception (something I've noticed to a lesser extent even without the rift) and because they're just plain awkward. And because of multiple lenses in a row, ends up giving bad image quality. So if you've got glasses for extreme nearsightedness beyond their 'B' lenses in the rift, you may want to look into alternatives if you want to pick up a rift (I suspect stronger or even prescription lenses could be found online with sufficient digging though).

Aside from those issues, it's pretty dang cool. The demo sitting at a desk was pretty neat; aside from the head tracking losing my position due to sitting about 4 feet closer than I'm supposed to (it recommends 5 feet), it managed very well to keep up the VR experience.

Elite Dangerous was a bit more interesting. Being able to fly past an asteroid, craning your neck back to watch it pass overhead is really cool. Unfortunately, due to aforementioned vision issues, using glasses was a bit annoying, while not using them left everything too blurry to legally fly a spaceship in empty space, let alone a dogfight. There was some framerate choppiness, though I hadn't turned down the settings, so that wasn't much different from normal.

Then there's the people demos. There's a whole bunch of these sort of tech demos, some with CG people and some with actual laser-scanned recreations of people. These are super-cool. I had heard a lot about these, and how they apparently invoked a sense of 'invading someone else's personal space' and can wholly confirm that. The head tracking combined with the very good 3D very much gives you a sense of 'being there' and makes it feel much more real than you would think it would.
I'd kind of hoped that it would allow you to adjust the focus. I'm pretty nearsighted, so it looks like no matter how cool it is, I won't be using it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #139058 on: August 28, 2014, 11:41:35 pm »

I'm also severely nearsighted (not even surprised at this point), but I can do the 3DS just fine, so I'm hoping the new VR will work out for me.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139059 on: August 28, 2014, 11:44:46 pm »

(not even surprised at this point)
Of course not. You should know better.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #139060 on: August 28, 2014, 11:55:50 pm »

If we're talking about parents and dating...
In other words, anyone but a pureblood WASP need not apply.

It's probably tongue in cheek but that application is awful.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139061 on: August 28, 2014, 11:57:57 pm »

Literally every single section in that bloody thing makes me want to burn the ground whoever wrote it walks on.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139062 on: August 29, 2014, 12:01:46 am »

Literally every single section in that bloody thing makes me want to burn the ground whoever wrote it walks on.

it's in the states

* LordSlowpoke removes deschan from the segway

* LordSlowpoke hands deschan a torch

* LordSlowpoke pushes deschan in the general direction of south

have fun

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 12:09:48 am by TamerVirus »
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #139064 on: August 29, 2014, 12:07:06 am »

It's probably just an overzealous attempt at humour.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 9269 9270 [9271] 9272 9273 ... 13311