Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9275 9276 [9277] 9278 9279 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14519968 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: [???] What do they kno? Snoooooooooo (Happy thread)
« Reply #139140 on: August 29, 2014, 06:13:20 pm »

Happy today: my father has finally won his battle with the VA over whether or not they'll do what they said they would 5 years ago. So now they'll pay for his student loans for getting a college degree in a new field after his injuries and then immediately got and kept a job as a nurse, which takes 20 grand of debt off my parents heads. If this really goes through, we'll be able to afford power and water, and to finish the cabin, before winter! Wooh! \o/
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #139142 on: August 29, 2014, 07:59:54 pm »

Speaking of damaged cars, my co-worker was in an accident. She is OK according to what I know, but the combine tractor that backed into their car had it's blades go through the passenger side.
It sounds like her son won't make it.  :'(  :'( Praying for a miracle.
Moving this quote from the sad thread to happy thread (First time posting in happy thread, BTW), because I just got some news today.
He isn't brain-dead. The "black" brain in the MRI may have just been the blood pooling in there.
How do they know?
He was trying to move his limbs and cough this morning, and opened his eyes later today.
So they're doing another MRI last I heard.
I won't be able to get more news until Tuesday, but I'm really happy about this positive improvement (Everything up until today had all been bad news). I literally hugged my boss when I heard that he had moved his legs. And a random stranger customer when I heard his eyes opened.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #139143 on: August 29, 2014, 08:15:36 pm »

Tonight, beer is the way to go.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #139144 on: August 29, 2014, 08:20:53 pm »

Speaking of damaged cars, my co-worker was in an accident. She is OK according to what I know, but the combine tractor that backed into their car had it's blades go through the passenger side.
Moving this quote from the sad thread to happy thread (First time posting in happy thread, BTW), because I just got some news today.
He isn't brain-dead. The "black" brain in the MRI may have just been the blood pooling in there.
How do they know?
He was trying to move his limbs and cough this morning, and opened his eyes later today.
I won't be able to get more news until Tuesday, but I'm really happy about this positive improvement (Everything up until today had all been bad news). I literally hugged my boss when I heard that he had moved his legs. And a random stranger customer when I heard his eyes opened.
:D

Armok's blessings be with the boy.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139145 on: August 29, 2014, 08:46:02 pm »

In an ironic twist, his arms are not ok, and are the only injured part in the end.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139146 on: August 29, 2014, 08:53:09 pm »

In an ironic twist, his arms are not ok, and are the only injured part in the end.
I'm afraid not, it's definitely his brain where a thresher-blade went through it.
So I've been stressing out and praying all week for his recovery, and this one small improvement was enough for me to leap in joy and brighten up my entire weekend.
Recovery will probably take a looooong time, but at least now they won't cut his life-support. :)
And his mom's a hero for sticking with him, and for bandaging his head with her own shirt after they were crashed into, even in the chaos of her being bruised and in pain.

:D

Armok's blessings be with the boy.
Er...
I hope you mean the good blessings, not the blood-made-of-magma blessings. He is a fickle god, prone to bouts of chaos.
We don't want that blood to turn to magma while it's still in his brain, that would undo his progress so far. Armok can bless him once he's better. :)
The Cyan Menace

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139147 on: August 29, 2014, 08:55:01 pm »

The joke, Flabort, is that Armok's name comes from the original game's name came from a status check, of "Arm: Ok"
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139148 on: August 29, 2014, 08:57:06 pm »

The joke, Flabort, is that Armok's name comes from the original game's name came from a status check, of "Arm: Ok"
Dooo'h, I didn't think that through.
Yah got me good, stealth pun.
The Cyan Menace

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #139149 on: August 29, 2014, 09:01:27 pm »

The whole thing with it being blood and not being braindead is what I was referring to by "Armok's Blessing".

And his survival and stuff.

But hooray!

NINJA'D:

Wait, what?

:O Never thought of that.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139150 on: August 29, 2014, 09:05:15 pm »

Another thing that's making me happy is the smell of homemade broccoli cheese soup. Right now.

Less important then celebrating the miracle of survival, but it's another happy thing.

Oh, that makes sense Tawa. Sorry, still bluh from work.
The Cyan Menace

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139151 on: August 29, 2014, 09:14:10 pm »

Least, that's what I remember. It's been years since I last heard it.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139152 on: August 29, 2014, 09:40:44 pm »

I feel really manly after sticking a piece of bacon on a knife and then roasting it over a fire. Turns out that fire-cooked bacon is even better than regular bacon, and I'd even go so far as to say that it is probably more delish than descan.

It's arm_ok, but close enough.

How do they know?
Yay! The knowledge that someone I have never met and didn't even know existed until now is still alive has just made me incredibly happy! :D

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #139153 on: August 29, 2014, 09:52:10 pm »

It's arm_ok, but close enough.

And it wasn't Armok 1, it was Dragslay.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #139154 on: August 29, 2014, 10:40:28 pm »

Knowing Armok, the boy will probably survive and grow up into a dictator.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 9275 9276 [9277] 9278 9279 ... 13311