Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9277 9278 [9279] 9280 9281 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14379901 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: [???] What do they kno? Snoooooooooo (Happy thread)
« Reply #139170 on: August 30, 2014, 07:39:33 am »

Quote, "Not many thoughts passed ms. Whitlow mind, she found life much easier like that."
This is however a discworld book, so I doubt it's ideas would work very well.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #139171 on: August 30, 2014, 07:43:26 am »

I think I'm going to just see if I can just shut off all negative thoughts and become fun and peppy through sheer force of will.
It works, but you need a quiet spot to visit once a day or so for the backlash.

Also, I met a person that literally shares all of my interests. It'd be eerie if it weren't cool.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #139172 on: August 30, 2014, 08:04:19 am »

I think I'm going to just see if I can just shut off all negative thoughts and become fun and peppy through sheer force of will.
Knowing your troubles, I'd advise a bit of introspection [Obligatory poem-reference for thinking :P] and understanding of what troubles you--as well as responding to those who wish to aid, like through question-answer communication before you decide on going to the extremes of such choices.

Those who master negative thoughts do not shut or wall them off. They go through them and understand them in their entirety. History (and pretty much those revered folk in history) shows such.

Talk to those who you see can help or have experience with those matters and get info from there, as one way. Sheer force of will won't work if you understand only half or less of the battle. :P
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 08:06:45 am by Tiruin »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139173 on: August 30, 2014, 08:08:27 am »

yo tir

i know you mean well, but it's not like negative thoughts can be mastered in a day

shit ain't rome

i am chillin' blocking it all away and it's all good in the grass

should probably move ahead with it, but i'm comfy as is so vOv

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #139174 on: August 30, 2014, 08:32:00 am »

yo tir

i know you mean well, but it's not like negative thoughts can be mastered in a day

shit ain't rome

i am chillin' blocking it all away and it's all good in the grass

should probably move ahead with it, but i'm comfy as is so vOv
I know they can't be mastered in a day. x3
Though I think I messed my wording to make it seem like 'this can be fixed, like, now.'

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #139175 on: August 30, 2014, 09:35:49 am »

Love the poem.

I was gonna put all the poems posted in the poetry thread into the OP, think I'll poach this one and add it in too. :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139176 on: August 30, 2014, 12:18:58 pm »

Checking through some old prepaid cards, I find they have a lot more money in total than I thought they had.

It's a shame they don't work on non-US websites like GOG.com.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #139177 on: August 30, 2014, 03:04:54 pm »

Placed 4th in fantasy football draft out of 10 teams in my league; and by a rather narrow margin too. Gotta pat myself on the back for my picks while at it. Kinda helps when you don't give a crap about name and team, and just go by your gut and a good idea of the stats and what can net you more points and such in the long-run (Got some good names and teams anyhow; more on-topic, mid-range kickers score far better than short-range and long-range; primarily due to frequency of shots made at said distance, for example). Always another good strategy is to go against the grain (while everyone snags the RBs, go for the WRs or DEF/K positions, even getting the first TE is a boon (as low-priority I make them to be, myself), while everyone's hogging up all the QBs).

I like that my strategy paid off for the initial (cumulative scores as I was collecting kept me consistently above 3rd place as drafting was going on; stayed in 1st for a good couple rounds, ended at 4th by the last picks). Now I just need to see how well they perform post-draft tinkering of my team.

UPDATE:
Yahoo! Fantasy rates my team as a Grade B. Not bad. Summary: I can compete with anyone. Having some redundancy helps. Week 10 will be a weak week to wake to meekly.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 05:48:41 pm by Itnetlolor »

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139178 on: August 30, 2014, 04:15:09 pm »

]the grisha5 thread has been locked.
Praise the Toad.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #139179 on: August 30, 2014, 04:29:57 pm »

Driving to return a textbook, as it's the last day to do so. My much less expensive copy is still in the mail, you see, but I needed it for the first week. As I'm driving, a chance gust of wind blows open the book, and then the receipt I'd tucked into it out the window of the car. First time anything's gotten blown out of the car, and it was this damn receipt I need to get my $70 back. I pull over at the nearest parking lot and rush back to try and find it.

It's in this thread because I managed to track it down, and in retrospect it's pretty funny. Plus I got some exercise.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #139181 on: August 30, 2014, 06:36:47 pm »

I saw this and had to share it. I'll need somebody more familiar with Metal Gear to tell me how accurate it is, you see.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139182 on: August 30, 2014, 06:51:15 pm »

Placed 4th in fantasy football draft out of 10 teams in my league; and by a rather narrow margin too. Gotta pat myself on the back for my picks while at it. Kinda helps when you don't give a crap about name and team, and just go by your gut and a good idea of the stats and what can net you more points and such in the long-run (Got some good names and teams anyhow; more on-topic, mid-range kickers score far better than short-range and long-range; primarily due to frequency of shots made at said distance, for example). Always another good strategy is to go against the grain (while everyone snags the RBs, go for the WRs or DEF/K positions, even getting the first TE is a boon (as low-priority I make them to be, myself), while everyone's hogging up all the QBs).

I like that my strategy paid off for the initial (cumulative scores as I was collecting kept me consistently above 3rd place as drafting was going on; stayed in 1st for a good couple rounds, ended at 4th by the last picks). Now I just need to see how well they perform post-draft tinkering of my team.

UPDATE:
Yahoo! Fantasy rates my team as a Grade B. Not bad. Summary: I can compete with anyone. Having some redundancy helps. Week 10 will be a weak week to wake to meekly.
Who did you get?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #139183 on: August 30, 2014, 06:54:46 pm »

]the grisha5 thread has been locked.
Praise the Toad.
To Him who sits upon the throne, the Toad whom we adore!
And for the threads He has since locked, be glory evermore!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #139184 on: August 30, 2014, 07:00:52 pm »

To Him who slew the Grishaites, The Toady One we praise!
He who within this forum dwells, and ended Grisha's craze.
Your work that thou hast done is grand, and mighty is thine hand,
That to the Grishaites did come, and made their temple banned.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 9277 9278 [9279] 9280 9281 ... 13310