Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9419 9420 [9421] 9422 9423 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14374779 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: [???] What do they kno? Snoooooooooo (Happy thread)
« Reply #141300 on: September 24, 2014, 04:28:20 pm »

Well, I am first generation, (that means neither of my parents went to college, right?) and it's not like we come from a rich family. Additionally, my grades have stopped simply being okay and started being good like they used to. My standardized test scores have always been excellent, so I guess that's something.

I was brought to a really prestigious college in Waterville called Colby. Counting dorm costs, it's about sixty thousand dollars a year, and you need to be wicked smuckin' fart to be accepted. What I have so far might not be enough, but I guess it's a start.

NINJAEDIT: "While you were typing 13 new replies have been posted"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #141301 on: September 24, 2014, 04:31:11 pm »

Yup. Tumblr is leaking.

Gotta get out of here ASAP :P
Things that need to happen: serious discussion and action on bridging gap between haves and have-nots
Things that need not happen: reduction of issues and discourse to catch phrases, treating privilege like original sin, jumping to conclusions about someone's views when they mention "privilege."

Where none of this needs to happen: this thread.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141302 on: September 24, 2014, 04:33:18 pm »

it's about sixty thousand dollars a year
!!!!!!!!

That's kind of an excessively enormous amount.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #141303 on: September 24, 2014, 04:38:05 pm »

Well, I am first generation, (that means neither of my parents went to college, right?) and it's not like we come from a rich family. Additionally, my grades have stopped simply being okay and started being good like they used to. My standardized test scores have always been excellent, so I guess that's something.

I was brought to a really prestigious college in Waterville called Colby. Counting dorm costs, it's about sixty thousand dollars a year, and you need to be wicked smuckin' fart to be accepted. What I have so far might not be enough, but I guess it's a start.
Yeah, you're first generation, sounds like you could apply for financial aid and get grants, which are better than student loans because you don't need to pay that back, getting good grades is always good to get, and ha, 60,0000 a year? Never even heard of that place. Probably a private college or something.

Look for a college that has a good field in whatever you might want to do. Don't just go with whatever place they foist on you, especially if it's sixty effin thousand a year.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141304 on: September 24, 2014, 04:47:40 pm »

unprivileged person
I'm privileged
Quote from: tumblr bullshit
privilege!!11!!!11!one!
It makes me weep that this is a thing.
I really dislike tumblr bullshit too, but I do understand that my skin color and my gender gives me an advantage in most of modern society. Privledge is a word that fits the situation.
Either way, we should probably take this somewhere else.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #141305 on: September 24, 2014, 04:53:19 pm »

Yeah, holy shit people, where do you think you are?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #141306 on: September 24, 2014, 05:01:19 pm »

You mean aside from a forum where dertails are notorious and general discussion "[emotion] today" threads are basically unending derails?  :P
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #141307 on: September 24, 2014, 05:02:28 pm »

Hush.

You're derailing the thread.

Wait, so am I.

Hey, even that was a derail.

And that...

And tha...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #141308 on: September 24, 2014, 05:03:37 pm »

Key and Peele has a new skit about how racism helps black people survive a pod-people-esque alien invasion, and it's fucking hilarious

White businessman: Over here, over here! oh thank god, there are others!
Peele: Hey, would you let me date your daughter?
White businessman: Of course!
*both shoot the businessman, who becomes an alien on death*

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #141309 on: September 24, 2014, 05:11:10 pm »

One of my friends got a call earlier today from a radio station informing her that she won their "Meet and Greet" sweepstakes or whatever thing. So now, next Wednesday, she gets to go meet 5SOS somewhere. Also important to mention, her birthday is on Tuesday. :D

Very happy day for her, and it was fun to see her fangirl so much. :D

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #141310 on: September 24, 2014, 05:11:48 pm »

Yeah, you're first generation, sounds like you could apply for financial aid and get grants, which are better than student loans because you don't need to pay that back, getting good grades is always good to get, and ha, 60,0000 a year? Never even heard of that place. Probably a private college or something.

Look for a college that has a good field in whatever you might want to do. Don't just go with whatever place they foist on you, especially if it's sixty effin thousand a year.
Yeah, from what I gather, it seems to have really good opportunities for English majors, among other things that I'm interested in. Not to mention that it was a wicked respected institution, from what I gather, so if I'm presented with the opportunity to go, I will. I'm not necessarily planning to go there, but I do plan on at least acting like I do. It can be the carrot on the end of my stick.

And on a less serious note, one more thing about it: In the dining hall, I saw everyone drinking cappuccino, so I asked the person next to me if they had green tea. After welcoming me to America, (lulz) he showed me where there was some hot water and tea.

It was the best fucking green tea I have ever tasted.

/derail
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 05:15:14 pm by IronTomato »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #141311 on: September 24, 2014, 05:13:01 pm »

You mean aside from a forum where dertails are notorious and general discussion "[emotion] today" threads are basically unending derails?  :P

Just trying to avoid potentially thread-locking anti-tumblr backlash. This thread locked would make me sad :(
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #141312 on: September 24, 2014, 05:15:43 pm »

But this thread is too big too perma lock!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141313 on: September 24, 2014, 05:17:05 pm »

The hubris of giants is usually what fells them.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141314 on: September 24, 2014, 05:17:38 pm »

Today I found out that my computer is full of elves.

And Macs aren't.

Sorry Mac, Linux was always better than you, and this is the icing on the cake. I have elves.
Pages: 1 ... 9419 9420 [9421] 9422 9423 ... 13310