Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9420 9421 [9422] 9423 9424 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14377247 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: [???] What do they kno? Snoooooooooo (Happy thread)
« Reply #141315 on: September 24, 2014, 05:17:51 pm »

But this thread is too big too perma lock!
The hubris of giants is usually what fells them.
See: GreatWyrmGold.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #141316 on: September 24, 2014, 05:52:56 pm »

Where none of this needs to happen: this thread.
Yeah, holy shit people, where do you think you are?
You mean aside from a forum where dertails are notorious and general discussion "[emotion] today" threads are basically unending derails?  :P

Just trying to avoid potentially thread-locking anti-tumblr backlash. This thread locked would make me sad :(

This. Seriously, didn't nenjin just have to tell a bunch of you to knock off the tumblr ranting in the rage thread? What makes you think that the happy thread is a more appropriate place to start arguments?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #141317 on: September 24, 2014, 06:11:03 pm »

... yeah, FD kinda' got it.

In regards to the actual scholarship question, there's only been one bit of advice that was actually meaningful, and that was check. Your local and personal situation is going to be drastically different from anyone else that has been talking to you, unless they're actually in the same area you are (and pretty damn possibly not even then).

Personally, despite being basically a straight up WASP whose family made too much money to qualify for much from that angle, I got a 75% scholarship for my four year basically without trying, with a GPA of something like 3.6 and pretty much zero extra-circulars. A slightly higher (something like 3.7 or 3.8) GPA would have nabbed a straight up 100% tuition and books. It lapsed due to reasons I've forgotten at this point part way through, but... yeah. And I almost certainly qualified for a bunch of stuff I never applied for. So check, apply to everything, and see what happens. You very much literally won't know until then, because the on the ground stuff varies ridiculously.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141318 on: September 24, 2014, 06:53:52 pm »

Key and Peele has a new skit about how racism helps black people survive a pod-people-esque alien invasion, and it's fucking hilarious

White businessman: Over here, over here! oh thank god, there are others!
Peele: Hey, would you let me date your daughter?
White businessman: Of course!
*both shoot the businessman, who becomes an alien on death*

Got a link handy there?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #141319 on: September 24, 2014, 06:57:39 pm »

Here's a question.

How many casualties do you think there would be before it got caught if somebody went onto a random engineering Wikipedia page and changed a * to a +?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #141320 on: September 24, 2014, 07:02:31 pm »

Depends on the page.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141321 on: September 24, 2014, 07:07:32 pm »

Linky
Key and Peele has a new skit about how racism helps black people survive a pod-people-esque alien invasion, and it's fucking hilarious

White businessman: Over here, over here! oh thank god, there are others!
Peele: Hey, would you let me date your daughter?
White businessman: Of course!
*both shoot the businessman, who becomes an alien on death*
White girl: Please don't hurt me! My best friend is black, and I... love Jay-Z, and my favorite movie is Think Like a Man!
Peele: She's good.
There was a slightly similar premise in an earlier one where they're the only black people in a stereotypical suburb after a zombie apocalypse, and all the zombies either ignore or actively avoid them.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141322 on: September 24, 2014, 07:43:55 pm »

I actually have no fucking idea how to go about even looking for scholarships, let alone applying to them. :/

Like, googling doesn't help :c

.____.,

I'm sure there are scholarships for gay engineers in Canada but I ain't found nune :c
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #141323 on: September 24, 2014, 07:45:18 pm »

Gay Engineer. Please, please, I want you to have that on like, your ID or business card or whatever.

It'd be hilarious.

'Descan, Gay Engineer.'
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #141324 on: September 24, 2014, 07:48:12 pm »

I'm currently in the running for the "how many calories can a 21st-century middle-class First Worlder get from oatmeal" contest. I'm also feeling fit as a fiddle, so, you know...

(I am attempting to get through this year without having microwaved a single packaged meal. So far it's worked- I've only used the microwave once, and that was to thaw meat.)

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #141325 on: September 24, 2014, 07:50:50 pm »

I actually have no fucking idea how to go about even looking for scholarships, let alone applying to them. :/

Like, googling doesn't help :c

.____.,

I'm sure there are scholarships for gay engineers in Canada but I ain't found nune :c
Ask your university's financial aid office/check the university portal site.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #141326 on: September 24, 2014, 07:53:18 pm »

Step one is to check with the financial aid department of the school you're applying to, as FD ninja'd.

This is also steps two through ten. Also check with high school counselors and whatnot if you're going in for the first time (which, I don't think you are, but someone else might be) -- even if they don't specifically know, there's good odds they know who does. I would also probably recommend the local adult education facilities, if you have some in your area -- sometimes they have connections with the local colleges and whatnot, and even if you're not a student with them they may be willing to point you in the right direction.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it. Meat is much trickier, and some sorts are just bugger-off no this isn't working, but most things that aren't meat nuke passably.

Stuff advertised as microwave meals and whatnot are pretty universally terrible, though, yeah, with a few exceptions.
Ask not!
Ask!

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #141327 on: September 24, 2014, 07:57:19 pm »

Footjob?!

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #141328 on: September 24, 2014, 07:58:36 pm »

Sup, FearfulFootjob?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #141329 on: September 24, 2014, 07:59:07 pm »

Oh, whoops.

... yeah, sorry, I've been calling you that in my head since you changed your name, FJ.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 9420 9421 [9422] 9423 9424 ... 13310