Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9467 9468 [9469] 9470 9471 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14377530 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: [???] What do they kno? Snoooooooooo (Happy thread)
« Reply #142020 on: October 02, 2014, 12:11:49 am »

Oh hey, Hashbrown Dude Yoink is back. Your absence was quite noticeable. So, yeah, it's cool that you're back and stuff.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #142021 on: October 02, 2014, 12:15:25 am »

Yoink is back. Your absence was quite noticeable. So, yeah, it's cool that you're back and stuff.
+1
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #142022 on: October 02, 2014, 12:28:39 am »

Listening to Iced Earth's Dark Saga album. been a while since I listened to Iced Earth, forgot how awesome they are. Dem rhythm guitar riffs.

Iced Earth is pretty great Audiosurf material, as I've re-discovered tonight.  Their guitar riff style is pretty much the best out of anybody ever.  The Something Wicked albums are my favorite.  Great musical storytelling, and they just nailed a certain feel to the music that I can't describe as anything but epic.  You can just feel the 'hate and desperation-fueled plans for vengeance simmering patiently beneath the roots of all human history' vibes.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #142023 on: October 02, 2014, 12:48:26 am »

Listening to Iced Earth's Dark Saga album. been a while since I listened to Iced Earth, forgot how awesome they are. Dem rhythm guitar riffs.

Iced Earth is pretty great Audiosurf material, as I've re-discovered tonight.  Their guitar riff style is pretty much the best out of anybody ever.  The Something Wicked albums are my favorite.  Great musical storytelling, and they just nailed a certain feel to the music that I can't describe as anything but epic.  You can just feel the 'hate and desperation-fueled plans for vengeance simmering patiently beneath the roots of all human history' vibes.

Something Wicked albums (at least Framing Armageddon and Crucible of Man) seem to have a lot of Egyptian music influence. That may be the "feel" you're describing.

I think Schaffer's rhythms are what makes the whole thing click with Iced Earth. Fast riffs that keep a beat and have just enough melody to flow with the lead guitar well. Also they regularly use E minor tunings for the guitars, so the whole song can sound just slightly "off" from most music, which uses standard tuning, or at least major tunings.

Anyway, yeah, they're great stuff.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: [???] What do they kno? SnooooooooRoo (Happy thread)
« Reply #142024 on: October 02, 2014, 12:49:25 am »

I missed you, Yoink! and glyphgryph

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #142025 on: October 02, 2014, 01:25:04 am »

and glyphgryph
I talked to GlyphGryph on the Cataclysm forums and it seems that he is most likely gone from the Bay12 forums for good. :(
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142026 on: October 02, 2014, 01:31:26 am »

and glyphgryph
I talked to GlyphGryph on the Cataclysm forums and it seems that he is most likely gone from the Bay12 forums for good. :(
Oh well.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #142027 on: October 02, 2014, 01:33:45 am »

I no longer have roommates. This year will be so much more productive and so much less mentally draining. It will also probably be the last full year, but that is not quite as happy.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #142028 on: October 02, 2014, 02:33:35 am »

and glyphgryph
Oh well.
He's very active though, on the #bay12lb IRC.
It's moodiness though. :-\

Happy: Classmate helped me with my public speaking skills. Provided advice and guidance, and very selfless. ^ ^
We talked for an hour or so there.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142029 on: October 02, 2014, 02:57:36 am »

TF2 was a lot of fun! Will be a lot better once I figure out the headset shenanigans. Thanks for showing up, people of B12.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #142030 on: October 02, 2014, 02:58:59 am »

TF2 was a lot of fun! Will be a lot better once I figure out the headset shenanigans. Thanks for showing up, people of B12.
Does this require heavy net stability and/or large downloads? (1GB+) ._.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142031 on: October 02, 2014, 03:03:08 am »

Yep  :-\

MZ, what do you know about headsets? Got any recommendations?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142032 on: October 02, 2014, 03:03:56 am »

Well, TF2 is a big game, so that's a multi-gig DL right there. And having decent ping is a must.

I really deeply pity people that have hard bandwidth limits, just cause it makes online gaming impossible due to the rapid packet exchange that is required.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142033 on: October 02, 2014, 03:07:02 am »

MZ, what do you know about headsets? Got any recommendations?

I play with $65 Turtle Beaches. Very comfortable, built in mic, excellent audio, have been using them for months now with no perceivable degradation. One of the better choices if you have money to drop on them.

Of course, there's much cheaper headsets + mics out there, but I can't recommend being a flintskinned miser.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #142034 on: October 02, 2014, 03:07:20 am »

i'm da best

seriously, though, going to random valve ctf servers and pubstomping today (independent of y'all, though I did show up a bit later) was... surprising, more than anything, because I had no idea that I was anywhere near pubstomper level.
Pages: 1 ... 9467 9468 [9469] 9470 9471 ... 13310