Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9564 9565 [9566] 9567 9568 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14554356 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: [???] What do they kno? Snoooooooooo (Happy thread)
« Reply #143475 on: October 18, 2014, 05:09:53 pm »

Spoiler: Behold (click to show/hide)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143476 on: October 18, 2014, 05:33:30 pm »

I went to a ren fair. There was real jousting. REAL JOUSTING.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143477 on: October 18, 2014, 05:38:59 pm »

...did I just read Robot Twilight?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #143478 on: October 18, 2014, 05:43:38 pm »

Ratchet and Clank 3 has aged really, really well. It's still just as fun as it was when I was like eight :D
R&C3 is pretty great, yeah.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143479 on: October 18, 2014, 06:02:08 pm »

Raked leaves. :)

For some reason, its REALLY satisfying turning a lawn covered in yellow to a lawn covered in green.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #143480 on: October 18, 2014, 06:05:26 pm »

ERHMAGERD, SO DID I

SO GREAT
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #143481 on: October 18, 2014, 06:07:16 pm »

Not exactly happy, but it did make me laugh my ass off, and made the experience of studying better.

I'm studying for a midterm on Monday, (The History of War and Society) and going through my lecture notes I'm finding that I wrote some really dumb stuff. They made me chuckle, but that may just be because my brain is addled from lack of sleep. Either way, here are some highlights:

(Referring to the Peloponnesian War) "The end. Git gud Athens. "

"A Spanish fleet was to sail through the English channel, and pick up an even  larger invasion force in the low countries, then march on London, war over by Christmas, pippip tally ho."

"French turned to commerce raiding. War ended in 1697. Led to the age of sail. This started England's dick measuring competition with France."

"When Charles II came in, he paid off the soldiers and they were chill."

"the Philosophes had some influence of monarchs. i.e Voltaire being bros with Frederick the Great."

"Seven Yrs War proved the failure of French naval policy, and proved how ballin Brits could be with good leadership."

I just know there's going to be a question about English naval policy vs French naval policy, and I'm going to accidentally refer to it as a dick measuring competition.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #143482 on: October 18, 2014, 06:16:37 pm »

I just know there's going to be a question about English naval policy vs French naval policy, and I'm going to accidentally refer to it as a dick measuring competition.
Sigged.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143483 on: October 18, 2014, 06:27:35 pm »

What did I just read?

Oh, I see. It's Warhammer 40K fan-fiction.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 06:35:32 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #143484 on: October 18, 2014, 06:27:56 pm »

...did I just read Robot Twilight?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #143485 on: October 18, 2014, 07:01:41 pm »

Today... was pretty decent. Mostly mindless work in a generally empty (well, except for me and the various non-human stuff) house with distant neighbors and alright walls.

And so, for most of today, I did two things. I painted, and I whistled. I whistled my way through most of two Caravan Palace albums. I whistled my way through the majority of FF6's Balance and Ruin remix album. Through Copland's Rodeo. Through
[t]his.
Whistling along with that one is particularly fun.

And a bunch of other stuff. Think I might have even gotten a little better at maintaining the whistling while breathing in, which is relatively difficult to do and maintain/shift pitch.

All in all, not too bad of a day. Not a particularly time sensitive job, either, so I've been able to take a couple half hour/hour breaks, a three hour nap, leisurely eat lunch, etc., etc. Worst part's been the fumes, really. Still a bit more to go, but it's going along decently, considering I'm not exactly what you'd call a practiced interior painter. And I got to whistle while I worked ♫
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #143486 on: October 18, 2014, 08:10:09 pm »

That was a fun exam. I wrote about 1100 words explaining why Citizens United was an atrocious miscarriage of justice in about 45 minutes, among other things. Feels good. Got it done just about exactly on time (I didn't quite finish proofreading, but then again I did take the time to make myself a new cup of tea halfway through and there was no pause button, so eh).
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #143487 on: October 18, 2014, 08:17:27 pm »

It's Business, Society, and Government, a graduate course I'm taking solely because I needed another political science course to qualify for my teaching assistantship and the offerings this semester that actually contribute to my program were abysmal. That is, I'm already taking the only one, and it isn't this. I'm sure I mentioned this in the Rage thread at some point a couple months back, but at least it's been a fun class.

EDIT: And if people want, I'll post the essay somewhere around here once it's graded and I can't possibly be inadvertently be helping people cheat (I will, however, go mad with laughter if anybody in my class is a Bay12er).
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 08:19:47 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143488 on: October 18, 2014, 09:51:58 pm »

i am bragging

she is so cute guys

squeeeeee

also pantsless but that's neither here nor there
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #143489 on: October 18, 2014, 09:52:32 pm »

Just got done bowling
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.
Pages: 1 ... 9564 9565 [9566] 9567 9568 ... 13312