Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9585 9586 [9587] 9588 9589 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14646433 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: [???] What do they kno? Snoooooooooo (Happy thread)
« Reply #143790 on: October 23, 2014, 03:01:00 pm »

That sounds pretty great. :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #143791 on: October 23, 2014, 03:02:30 pm »

Anyhow, I noticed that I can preload Civ:BE now, so I'm doing that.
WANT
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #143792 on: October 23, 2014, 05:01:10 pm »

Actually, a first level monk becomes proficient with unarmed attacks by gaining the Improved Unarmed Strike feat.
Not to beat a dead horse, but Improved Unarmed Strike doesn't actually do that. It just really, really, really should. Anyway, Pathfinder's a fine game (so was 3.5), it just didn't fix any of the problems with 3.5 that I actually cared about.

Anyway, the important thing is, tabletop RPGs are great fun, especially with a good group of friends. Very happy thread material.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #143793 on: October 23, 2014, 05:07:12 pm »

Actually, a first level monk becomes proficient with unarmed attacks by gaining the Improved Unarmed Strike feat.
Not to beat a dead horse, but Improved Unarmed Strike doesn't actually do that. It just really, really, really should. Anyway, Pathfinder's a fine game (so was 3.5), it just didn't fix any of the problems with 3.5 that I actually cared about.

Anyway, the important thing is, tabletop RPGs are great fun, especially with a good group of friends. Very happy thread material.
The worst part is that even if you give monks proficiency with Unarmed Strike and allow their bodies to be enhanced like a manufactured weapon, they still have to twist and turn to get a workable build, usually by way of being a monk-in-name-only and getting a bunch of items of varying degrees of legal application. I had reason to try to build one recently, and I realized how much I'd forgotten about how poorly executed the class is, what with there being zero synergy between most of their abilities and one of the big ones being a 20-level investment into a shitty knockoff of Featherfall.

Seriously? You make a class allegedly about mobility and then have its primary DPS tool require it to not move around?

By my understanding, if you want to play a monk in 3.5 without a hilariously convoluted build, you should play an unarmed Swordsage.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143794 on: October 23, 2014, 05:12:04 pm »

Risk of Rain updated!
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #143795 on: October 23, 2014, 05:14:28 pm »

SMASH BROS WIIU NINTENDO DIRECT

8 PLAYER SMASHES CONFIRMED
It's FEF, not FEOF

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143796 on: October 23, 2014, 05:15:11 pm »

Risk of Rain updated!
Does the multiplayer work now?!

Also: That's really cool, Jopax! :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #143797 on: October 23, 2014, 05:15:53 pm »

Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143798 on: October 23, 2014, 05:29:13 pm »

Risk of Rain updated!
Does the multiplayer work now?!

Also: That's really cool, Jopax! :)
Dunno yet, but they updated to GameMaler Studio and drastically improved the performance, so I'm hopeful.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #143799 on: October 23, 2014, 05:34:42 pm »

SMASH BROS WIIU NINTENDO DIRECT

MEWTWO DLC CONFIRMED

RIDLEY BASICALLY DECONFIRMED-AGAIN
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #143800 on: October 23, 2014, 05:35:49 pm »

MEWTWO CONFIRMED AS FREE DLC FOR PEOPLE WHO BUY AND REGISTER BOTH VERSIONS OF SMASH
It's FEF, not FEOF

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #143801 on: October 23, 2014, 06:00:45 pm »

I WAS GONNA MAKE A JOKE ABOUT THERE NOT BEING A MEWTWO BUT DAMN NOW I CAN'T
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #143802 on: October 23, 2014, 06:18:04 pm »

So, I just played a couple rounds of Pac-Man on this old Plug-'n-Play thing I got when I was a kid. (Y'know, one of those tiny game consoles they used to have with like five games, a joystick, and one button, which you plug straight into the TV?)

Classic video games are fun. :D
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #143803 on: October 23, 2014, 06:49:47 pm »

By my understanding, if you want to play a monk in 3.5 without a hilariously convoluted build, you should play an unarmed Swordsage.
This is true. For the most part Book of Nine Swords is the best and easiest path to a viable melee archetype, with the bonus upside that it can also maybe do something outside of hit hard with big stick. Even then, Book of Nine Swords fails to compete with the high-powered casters. They are, however, able to keep up with the more middling classes that don't have the absurd high-level spells and flexibility.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #143804 on: October 23, 2014, 07:04:43 pm »

Guess who doesn't need brain surgery after that nail gun accident. ME!

CT scan and the other stuff came back. There was a small bleed for a little bit, but it stopped and shouldn't be a problem. The nail did not penetrate the skull, but did nick it. Concussion. Symptoms should get better and go away in a few weeks. I have to do these little exercises that make me focus and move my eyes in weird ways and keep track of the results to record cognitive activity and call right away if things get weird (like if I couldn't focus, or track my vision a certain way, etc). I have some restrictions on what I can do, but I don't care, because I just avoided a huge problem and am grateful for it.

I should eventually be ok. My doctor made it a point to knock the bill down as well. I'm a very grateful patient and have become her project with the mental health and head injury thing. Through the grape vine, I think she knows I've helped a few of her other patients. Even without that, I know she has to deal with not so nice patients and I'm eternally polite and thankful to most people, including her, so it's a refreshing change for her.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 9585 9586 [9587] 9588 9589 ... 13312