Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9749 9750 [9751] 9752 9753 ... 13311

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14523571 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: [=] Bay 12 cannot the box (Happy thread)
« Reply #146250 on: November 23, 2014, 09:08:04 pm »

Crossposting because I'm just so damn happy.

I've finally got the bugs worked out of my text-placement algorithm. I believe I can handle arbitrary* widgets now. Also, I figured out how to make animations out of pygame's output, so here's the first 100 frames of a little test I did. It has lots of diagnostic color blotches in there, but you know.

*Provided they are rectangular, so not actually all that arbitrary. I'm pretty sure I could do an actual collision-detection thing with arbitrary shapes, but it would be hella slow and just generally not worth it for anything I've got planned.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #146251 on: November 23, 2014, 09:12:33 pm »

Holy cow BF4 is amazing.

Shooting people from the sky, parachuting at attack sites, assaulting a place with 10 other people, shooting down helicopters with weapons meant for tanks, and flying planes upside down while shooting other vehicles (thank you, KSP!) in less than an hour.
BestFriend4? :D
Am I the only one who took this as meaning Tiruin goes out with her best friends to shoot people and fly aircraft upside down?
Thanks for reminding me of Ace Combat (PS I game and unsure which one?).
Much fun was had flying 'upside-down' and using the gun to score kills instead of missiles.
I dislike that analog stick.

...But such fun.
As in, thanks for hitting me with that nostalgia train. (oooh, that train mission...)

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146252 on: November 23, 2014, 10:09:49 pm »

I found another musical act that I like (despite being somewhat hipsterish), Holy Ghost!

I guess it makes sense? I liked some similar/associated groups before, and just found out about these guys.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146253 on: November 23, 2014, 10:40:10 pm »

Saw Interstellar today. Hory cow, that was amazing.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #146254 on: November 23, 2014, 10:51:10 pm »

I'm glad 1984 Quest is still as hilarious and balls to the wall crazy as I remember it being.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #146255 on: November 23, 2014, 11:28:47 pm »

I'm glad 1984 Quest is still as hilarious and balls to the wall crazy as I remember it being.

That was doubleplusgood
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #146256 on: November 23, 2014, 11:42:37 pm »

*highfive*
For a brief, bright moment I misread that and thought that you were talking about Interstella, but then realized that it was just a new film. That said, checking up on it, Interstellar looks pretty nifty itself. Might see it if I get a spare moment this week.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #146257 on: November 23, 2014, 11:43:25 pm »

I'm feeling oddly positive, I guess. I think. I don't feel miserable or hopeless or godawfully lonely at the moment.

I guess this may be the antidepressants doing stuff. Or it's just the fact that this semester is almost over and there's an imminent 5 day break where I can do whatever I want without stress from college. Or it's both.

Also I've been listening to Japanese pop-rock vocaloids/female singers all day. That's cool too.

Really though, there should be a scientific test to verify whether one can be defined as "happy" or not. Emotions are too vague and undefined to be evidence to accurately define one's emotional status.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146258 on: November 24, 2014, 12:00:50 am »

*highfive*
For a brief, bright moment I misread that and thought that you were talking about Interstella, but then realized that it was just a new film. That said, checking up on it, Interstellar looks pretty nifty itself. Might see it if I get a spare moment this week.
If it5 any con5olation, I watched Inter5tella recently a5 well.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #146259 on: November 24, 2014, 12:51:49 am »

*highfive*
If it5 any con5olation, I watched Inter5tella recently a5 well.
I don't mind watching it one more time. Oh yeah. All right.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #146260 on: November 24, 2014, 12:52:41 am »

Toonami Aftermath ha5 it on every 5aturday. :P

Also all sorts of other animus, cartoons, and various stuffs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146261 on: November 24, 2014, 12:59:55 am »

*highfive*
Without wishing to delve into spoiler territory, I can say that it is probably the only movie I've ever seen where relativity and time dilation are plot points.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #146262 on: November 24, 2014, 01:21:44 am »

*highfive*
Without wishing to delve into spoiler territory, I can say that it is probably the only movie I've ever seen where relativity and time dilation are plot points.
Yeah, and while most sci-fi movies get a science adviser, then proceed to ignore them because their plot was based on complete tripe... This one feels as if they got a science adviser and said "Hey, tell us a story." and then went from there.

Which is actually an accurate assessment apparently:
Quote from: From the wiki page
Early in the process, Thorne laid down two guidelines: “First, that nothing would violate established physical laws. Second, that all the wild speculations... would spring from science and not from the fertile mind of a screenwriter.”[16] Nolan accepted these terms as long as they did not get in the way of the making of the movie. At one point, Thorne spent two weeks trying to talk Nolan out of an idea about a character traveling faster than light before Nolan finally gave up.

Those certain scenes you mention... They hit you right in the feels, really hard.

Best science fiction of the year, quite possibly one of the best of the decade.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #146263 on: November 24, 2014, 01:44:26 am »

I've been getting mixed messages about the movie lately, and I need to clarify: people are reacting positively to the science in Interstellar, right?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #146264 on: November 24, 2014, 01:46:35 am »

I haven't seen the movie, but I have good reason to believe that the science is pretty close to perfectly hard. Most Bay12ers seem to like it that way.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 9749 9750 [9751] 9752 9753 ... 13311