Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9973 9974 [9975] 9976 9977 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14556992 times)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [くコ:彡] Hibari and the excitable squid (Happy thread)
« Reply #149610 on: January 08, 2015, 02:50:44 pm »

Package is waiting for me at home! I get an insane amount of joy from recieve packages, so much better than buying them in store. I don't know why. Maybe it's the anticipation?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149611 on: January 08, 2015, 03:12:11 pm »

My copy of N game now saves upon quitting! I can finally restart my computer!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #149612 on: January 08, 2015, 03:20:08 pm »

I need somebody to rendevouz with my sides and retrieve them from orbit.
OHMYFUCKINGGODIMCRYINGLOLOLOLOL

"I'm steampunk now"
"Ya i dunno whatthat is man"
"Jules Vernon Shit"

"You're wearing a top hat with a door in it!"
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #149613 on: January 08, 2015, 03:37:41 pm »

I'd make a complaint about it being 10 below with windchill here in Kentucky, but I just realized that I'm also wearing short sleeves so that sort of fell flat.

Fuck this weather. My heat sucks and it is under 50 in my house.

The one nice thing about cold weather is that you can just keep layering; in hot weather you eventually have to stop taking things off unless you want to flense yourself.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #149614 on: January 08, 2015, 03:40:02 pm »

Aaaaaaaagh

Cold outside, warm inside

happy koss is happy
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149615 on: January 08, 2015, 03:41:53 pm »

Municipal Waste made/is making me happy today.

Guessing by the capitalization, it's a name.

Unless you tend to look at some gunk and exclaim 'Heeeeey, sewage!' happily for some reason.
Boy, I sure do love sewage!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #149616 on: January 08, 2015, 04:11:03 pm »

This creative writing class is a dream come true. There's even an addendum in the syllabus forbidding turning in fan fiction for the writing assignments.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #149617 on: January 08, 2015, 04:44:03 pm »

Started playing Transistor. The game is gorgeous, the music is wonderful, and the voice acting is top-notch. The story so far seems... well, it's difficult to put my finger on, but it feels somehow disjointed. As though there's some abstract layer of understanding the developers had and forgot the player wouldn't. Likewise the mechanics, although they (seem to be) easy enough to puzzle out. But what's good is fucking amazing. I really like _n C_rcl_s for some reason.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149618 on: January 08, 2015, 05:01:40 pm »

...I'd like to buy a vowel?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #149619 on: January 08, 2015, 05:05:28 pm »

This creative writing class is a dream come true. There's even an addendum in the syllabus forbidding turning in fan fiction for the writing assignments.

As I'm considering doing such a course (in fact, would love to do one) do they give any idea as to what jobs/professions it may lead into?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #149620 on: January 08, 2015, 05:24:03 pm »

As I'm considering doing such a course (in fact, would love to do one) do they give any idea as to what jobs/professions it may lead into?
None. I mean, it might be useful to get experience peer-editing the absolute shit you'll have to deal with if you're working towards becoming an editor, but a creative writing class is often the last thing you need if you're trying to become a published author. Unless the professor is excellent and the conditions are perfect, you're often better off (ironically enough) writing and distributing fan- or original fiction online in places where you'll get honest and constructive feedback if you're looking to improve your skills as a writer.

3. Run Resize Enable

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149621 on: January 08, 2015, 05:27:17 pm »

Says something about the type of people who take creative writing classes :P
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #149622 on: January 08, 2015, 05:35:03 pm »

None. I mean, it might be useful to get experience peer-editing the absolute shit you'll have to deal with if you're working towards becoming an editor, but a creative writing class is often the last thing you need if you're trying to become a published author. Unless the professor is excellent and the conditions are perfect, you're often better off (ironically enough) writing and distributing fan- or original fiction online in places where you'll get honest and constructive feedback if you're looking to improve your skills as a writer.
So, if I want a job...don't do the course? Surely it's as good as a normal English degree?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #149623 on: January 08, 2015, 06:04:18 pm »

So, if I want a job...don't do the course? Surely it's as good as a normal English degree?

I meant in terms of getting a job related to your subject. If you want to get published as a fiction writer, you don't need a degree to do it (and getting a degree is both more expensive and not really better than other options). Taking a creative writing course (as in, a single class) isn't really anything one way or another (though it can be annoying for various reasons). As far as specialization in English goes, you're setting up your degree path in such a way that you're pretty much either going to be teaching or working in an unrelated field.

Specializing in creative writing doesn't make sense unless you want to spend your life writing about how to teach it and actually teaching it. Specializing in some other aspect of English lit at least means that you get to do your research and writing on things that interest you, rather than teaching methods. Unless you genuinely enjoy figuring out how to teach the authors of the 90% of the shit work in the world how to write better (or more likely, failing to teach the same).

That's how it is with all soft academia: you're pretty much locked into a career path of publishing your research and trying to get tenured at a half-decent university, so picking a specialization which is in demand and personally interesting is the way to go (aka not medieval lit. in this example). But yes, in general any soft field is not good for getting a job unless you want to be a professor or you can figure out a creative solution -- this coming from a Liberal Arts major who spend four years taking English lit, political science, and history classes, and managed to parlay that into entry in a Masters program which is at best vaguely related and both applicable to various work sectors and doctoral work.

tl;dr: If you want a job, get a degree in some programming or engineering field, or go to a trade school and spend less to get entry-level pay better than damn near any university degree.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 06:06:57 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #149624 on: January 08, 2015, 06:12:49 pm »

I need somebody to rendevouz with my sides and retrieve them from orbit.
OHMYFUCKINGGODIMCRYINGLOLOLOLOL

"I'm steampunk now"
"Ya i dunno whatthat is man"
"Jules Vernon Shit"

"You're wearing a top hat with a door in it!"
Hey hey, Key and Peele's steampunk stoner.

One of my favorites.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 9973 9974 [9975] 9976 9977 ... 13312