Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10245 10246 [10247] 10248 10249 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14549003 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

At a guess, half a minute hero? Perhaps a redux edition, the sprites are a little better then the ones I saw.
The Second Coming, specifically. The last quest to the Ragnarök chapter was so great.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Those conversations are always the second most embarrassing thing we experience. :P

My Spanish professor in high school related to us a story about him being chased by an angry goose while in Argentina when he missed the bus. He was unfamiliar with the particulars of the Argentine dialect at the time, so when he returned home and related the story to his friends, everyone understood what he said as meaning "I got chased by a naked masturbating man." Obviously, he everyone was very confused.

I seem to have failed to actually pick up anything useful from the Spanish courses I took.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Those conversations are always the second most embarrassing thing we experience. :P
The most embarassing thing being intercourse, of course.

If you know what I mean V:

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

My Spanish teacher trying to dance around outright defining slang terms in Spanish has led to some interesting results. I once forgot the word for "dust", "dash", "powder", or something like that, only to look it up in a dictionary and discovered that it was slang for "screw".
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

The funniest Spanish/English thing I've encountered was in my community college spanish class with a word that in spanish meant "married" or something similar (the actual question on the test was "are you married?"). However if you conjugated your answer the way you normally would (instead of the way it was supposed to be) instead of saying "yes, I'm married" you would end up saying "yes, I want to marry YOU".

So when the professor gave us all of our tests back he said: "I'm honored by all of your offers, but I'm afraid that my wife might get a bit angry at me if I accepted without asking her first." XD
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've just recently played the Steam-available educational game Influent. Teaching upwards of 400 Japanese words through audio and physical example.

I really like it, it's about the most game you can hope to stuff in a small 4-room apartment.

Plus some decent parody hidden throughout:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=402709733

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

Caught up on a lot of character art for my game (that I probably should have been working on more this quarter). Feels good to be getting stuff done.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

One that always seems to get me is realized/realizó. Realized means when someone finally understands something. Realizó is closer to when someone gets something done.
Fun fact - "realized" can also mean "achieved" in English. It's a bit more archaic of a use, but the whole "realize your ambitions" thing is still a thing, I'm pretty sure. To make them real, basically.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

One that always seems to get me is realized/realizó. Realized means when someone finally understands something. Realizó is closer to when someone gets something done.
Ninja'd by Bauglir, but yeah, it's not even a false cognate, just that the average use of the term seems to be different in each language. I wouldn't be surprised if there's another definition for Realizó that is similar to the average English definition.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile

IIRC, the Spanish word for milk, leche, is also a mild swearword in some countries when used in a different context.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile

Finally watched Big Hero 6.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finally watched Big Hero 6.

I just watched it on Monday. It was surprisingly good.  :)
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile

I watched it a while back, but it was a good movie in my opinion.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

I am finaly drawing
My GF encouraged me to try and I'm not half bad
I'm a billion times better than I used to be
I'm not nearly good enough to draw really cool things with but I've been drawing shields and suites of armor when I get board and I think I might find a way to incorperate these things into my games, maybe draw what soilders and guards look like in armor
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.
Pages: 1 ... 10245 10246 [10247] 10248 10249 ... 13312