Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10408 10409 [10410] 10411 10412 ... 13308

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14321074 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

It doesn't matter how old you get, you'll always look back on things said by past-you and cringe. Unless you're emotionless and unchanging, I suppose.
I've been emotionless and unchanging, myself, as well, and I feel like a future version of me is currently cringing at my present self.

Holy hell, is my self-esteem low.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

My past self has his shit together better than me.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

I don't feel as bad as I expected today, after the heavy meal (urgh pasta) I ate last night!
Not sure what I'm going to do with my day, though. Hmmm.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

It doesn't matter how old you get, you'll always look back on things said by past-you and cringe. Unless you're emotionless and unchanging, I suppose.
I've been emotionless and unchanging, myself, as well, and I feel like a future version of me is currently cringing at my present self.

Consider: This may mean that you will just improve as a person that much. Your future self is clearly awesome!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Consider: This may mean that you will just improve as a person that much. Your future self is clearly awesome!
Apparently that happens aplenty; if you consider Deja Vu's and the like. If my life's anything like playing games on an emulator, I wonder how many times I hit a savestate or rewind button? And on that note, what the reason was (checking a chest before refusing the contents within, for good reasons? playing the story at my own pace, not the game's? Fun portion? Boss fights to replay? Cheat Engine opportunities/education?)?

While on topic, if that's at all a case, it can explain why certain more tedious points of my life felt like time went much quicker than usual. Must've been level-grinding, and cutting the hassle by hitting the fast-forward button while doing so. Of course, after playing through Chrono Trigger again (Re-Translated SNES version, almost done again), it feels likely the case, from a more meta-perspective. Given the overall frequencies and accuracies of my Deja Vu's (to borderline seer, at times), I wonder how many times I played this life's story? I hope the ending was worth it, or at least the overall story, and maybe some savestates for particularly fun portions (think preparing the afterlife ahead of time).

EDIT:
Now I'm wondering when I might get my own version of the Green Dream accessory? The re-translated script tripped me out. Made me think of times where my life could have continued the same exact way, but for absolutely different contextual reasons (a good and not-so-good end-result which is relatively the same; or the Inevitability Principle in play (like, yet unlike, fate. A guaranteed ending, but can have variable meanings/reasons behind it, and still be the same by/at the end. Oddly enough, something I still consider with any/all actions. In case I need to adjust/undo it, I make sure I leave breathing room for a future/alternate self to intervene/re-adjust the meaning of the end/big picture.)).

EDIT EDIT:
Looking back at that, it kinda makes me wonder if life on Earth is Limbo or Purgatory, and is a bit densely populated while at it.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
Oh, and Happy Birthday FJ.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 09:37:01 pm by Itnetlolor »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile

I'm twenty now! As I'm no longer a teenager, I expect I'll never do anything stupid or irresponsible again.

Also, I've suddenly hit the age when birthdays no longer really mean anything, since I'll turn 21 in Russia, so I effectively hit the drinking age in late August of this year. Yayyyy.
ERMAHGURD HAPPY BIRTHDAY FEARFUL JESUIT!!!!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

Me, but wrong thread.
Was talking to friends about the same thing.
If past me saw how unfit and unproductive I am currently, he would attempt to attack and kill me. No hesitation, cold blooded.
The simple fact is, I'm so unfit and unproductive that I wouldn't be able to stop him.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Happy Birthday to you! Have a cheery on your cake! :))

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

Me, but wrong thread.
Was talking to friends about the same thing.
If past me saw how unfit and unproductive I am currently, he would attempt to attack and kill me. No hesitation, cold blooded.
The simple fact is, I'm so unfit and unproductive that I wouldn't be able to stop him.
Now I feel motivated to improve myself in case my past self from an alternate universe tries to assassinate me.

I guess this gives a new meaning to "competing with yourself."
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ooof. Just wrapped up another Ludum Dare Jam. Apart from sleep and meals, I spent most of the last 72 hours making 3D models and arranging them into levels. My mouse hand is killing me, but I'm pretty happy with the result!

Soul Shutter (based on the theme "Unconventional Weapon")

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile

Yeah, I joined when I was fifteen...if you dig up my oldest posts (nobody do this, please) it shows.

I'm kind of pleased people were under the illusion that I'm in my late 20s, though.

[EDIT: Dear god. How do I delete vast swaths of posts from high school?]

When you find out, tell me. I joined when I was fourteen.

Fools! Once something is on the internet it's out here forever, even if you delete it.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Scored *4498 on it. Not bad.

EDIT:
Second pass: *5697
Major improvement.
The main hall is a bit exploity if you can consistently nab 3 at a time.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 11:31:09 pm by Itnetlolor »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I did my taxes yesterday!

(yes I enjoy doing taxes every year for some reason)
...not to belittle your happies, but weren't taxes due like, 5 days ago?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Not in Canada. End of the month.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 10408 10409 [10410] 10411 10412 ... 13308