Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10499 10500 [10501] 10502 10503 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14609294 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: [What] Obi wishnowski vs kanmusu? (Happy thread?)
« Reply #157500 on: May 20, 2015, 09:47:52 pm »

Thanks, that's always really nice to hear from strangers on the Internet. :)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #157501 on: May 20, 2015, 10:33:43 pm »

I've seen Prequel as a story of personal advancement. Katia had it start off rough, making mistakes and not knowing how to deal with things. As time has passed, she has got into less and less trouble, had more and more epiphanies on the natures of both the world and herself, and every day has been her best day yet, even if that is quite a faint praise. She is climbing out of the gutter, slowly but surely, and keeps on trying despite her failures. That's what matters.

Though yes, the world definitely is tailor-made for the Champion, so it's no wonder it doesn't make a good fit. Yet.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 10:41:13 pm by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #157502 on: May 20, 2015, 10:35:17 pm »

I have a sneaking suspicion this will all end with her jailed in the Imperial City, sooo...
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #157503 on: May 20, 2015, 10:39:35 pm »

I have a sneaking suspicion this will all end with her jailed in the Imperial City, sooo...
Well. I mean. She has the ability to instantly change clothes (The menu screen, used for things like inventory and equipment management, pauses the game), always hide one lockpick on her person at all times (The PC always had one lockpick on them when taken to jail if they had any when they were arrested), she's unskilled in pretty much everything but a select handful of skills (PC starts out with no skills except apprentice rank in a small handful of skills (Mysticism is one, not sure about the others)), and has been implied to be able to do things that shouldn't be anatomically possible (The PC survives fucking insane amounts of punishment with hardly a scratch at high levels).

Okay, so the last one's a stretch, but it's pretty clear she's going to be the eventual Champion of Cyrodil.

FAKEEDIT: Oh! One more! She gets drunk the instant she drinks alcohol (There's no delay on drinking and drunkenness, and a single bottle of mead is enough to get you full-on drunk).
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #157504 on: May 20, 2015, 10:43:27 pm »

Not to mention she knows 1/2 of the spells the PC starts off with.

Oh god, this means the only other spell she'll learn in the course of this comic is that healing one.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157505 on: May 20, 2015, 10:43:49 pm »

Then it could be interpreted as the logical conclusion being the most depressing or the most uplifting: Katia takes up the mantle of society's ideal, which could be interpreted as proving that the lowest of the low have as much potential as the highest of the high or that ultimately you have to fall in with society's lockstep whether you like it or not.
Or it could be all a fake out. Like Katia ends up getting imprisoned and suddenly Uriel Septim turns up in her cell... Then realizes it's the wrong cell and goes to the one where the actual Champion is.

Though Katia would make a truly excellent God of Madness (Spoilers within), especially since the readers suggested she become him fairly early in the adventure. Before Skyrim was even released, I believe.
Edit: AND she said that if she was a god, she'd make sure that everything made sense. Guess that didn't happen, did it?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 10:52:28 pm by Fniff »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #157506 on: May 20, 2015, 10:53:07 pm »

That happened in Shivering Isles, way before Skyrim's release.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157507 on: May 20, 2015, 10:59:50 pm »

Well, Skyrim confirmed it. I think it did, anyway. The funny thing is, I love Prequel now (Always did, really, it just took some adjusting) but the Elder Scrolls are one of my least favorite games.
Fakeedit: However, Shivering Isles is one of my favorite experiences in an RPG. Funny how that works.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #157508 on: May 20, 2015, 11:04:50 pm »

The setup to the final boss fight with my D&D group went perfectly. I mean, perfectly. To the point that they are now taking self help advice from the forgotten evil goddess that's actually the big bad, have let the Lancer (the big bad of the next campaign in series) escape because 'he wasn't worth the trouble', and are gearing up for the final boss fight against a man who is, at this point, just a tired old Aasimar being manipulated by his own fear, regret, and self-doubt.

I've got a week to perfect my evil goddess of self-destruction monologue.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157509 on: May 20, 2015, 11:11:55 pm »

That happened in Shivering Isles, way before Skyrim's release.

And what happens in the Shivering Isles stays in the Shivering Isles.

The setup to the final boss fight with my D&D group went perfectly...

This is the reason why I love "evil" campaigns.  Villains are so much more fun to write than heroic characters, and with an evil party, the main villain can also be the non-party protagonist.  So much fun to be had giving villains undivided screen time.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #157510 on: May 21, 2015, 12:12:32 am »

I've been doing a bit better about communicating to people about my and their needs, in such a way to facilitate the functions of social interaction. I just sent off an email several minutes ago (and a further one clarifying that I accidentally sent it from the wrong address), and so I now have no immediately pending communiques that I need to fret over. The balls are currently in everyone else's courts.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157511 on: May 21, 2015, 02:45:24 am »

This is the reason why I love "evil" campaigns.  Villains are so much more fun to write than heroic characters, and with an evil party, the main villain can also be the non-party protagonist.  So much fun to be had giving villains undivided screen time.
That's why I love playing dark-grey characters. The conflict between working for good and acting like evil has much potential for drama.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #157512 on: May 21, 2015, 02:49:52 am »

New Cities Skylines update resulted in loads of people clamoring for an update to my mod. Feels nice to know people like it.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #157513 on: May 21, 2015, 03:24:50 am »

New Cities Skylines update resulted in loads of people clamoring for an update to my mod. Feels nice to know people like it.
Dang. I was only partially aware that you did modding work, this prompted me to look at your mods more closely.

I'm really liking the look of the DF->Minecraft world importing tool; I'm wondering if you can make it generate worlds that look like that (especially those cool caverns) without having to import a legends file, for inclusion in a personal (not mass-distributed) mod-pack.

I'd like to know more about the Cities mod you made, but it's not in your sig! :P And I really ought to be going to sleep instead of browsing the web, so I'm too lazy atm to look it up myself.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #157514 on: May 21, 2015, 03:39:10 am »

I'd like to know more about the Cities mod you made, but it's not in your sig! :P And I really ought to be going to sleep instead of browsing the web, so I'm too lazy atm to look it up myself.

I bet it's a mod that turns all the high-rises into literal phalluses :P
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 10499 10500 [10501] 10502 10503 ... 13312