Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10522 10523 [10524] 10525 10526 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14380655 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi] Yuudachi vs the fanpois (Happy thread? Poi?)
« Reply #157845 on: May 26, 2015, 09:31:03 pm »

I can work at whatever fucking pace and schedule I want, without having to think "How will I report this on my time sheet?"  Being exempt will certainly suck in some ways, but this I will be able to enjoy for at least a while.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #157846 on: May 26, 2015, 10:36:33 pm »

ǃ!

unicode

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #157847 on: May 27, 2015, 12:34:07 am »

Soul DNA? What are you going on about?
THE MEMES, ERIC
I fucking DESTROYED Monsoon, recently. On my first try!
Excelsius/Armstrong on the other hand took me a while.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #157848 on: May 27, 2015, 12:46:04 am »

I dunno, people usually label me as SJW material but I thought that joke was funny...

Also, who wants to bet that post was made by a white person?

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157849 on: May 27, 2015, 01:10:37 am »

Finishing up the last piece of high school work I'll ever do in my life at 2 in the morning while eating leftover banana pudding, drinking a can of orange soda, and listening to the RvB Season 10 soundtrack. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #157850 on: May 27, 2015, 01:17:29 am »

I dunno, people usually label me as SJW material but I thought that joke was funny...
There's "I am part of a legitimately ostracised minority" SJW, and then there's "I am a white middle class autist and I therefore have the authority to deem you evil and offensive, and you should be removed from society" SJW.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157851 on: May 27, 2015, 01:20:08 am »

There's something vaguely ironic about putting autism in the "not a 'legitimately' (?) ostracized minority" group.

And by 'vaguely ironic' I mean what the fuck, man?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #157852 on: May 27, 2015, 01:30:35 am »

I think the point was that the latter used their legitimate disadvantage as an excuse to offend others.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #157853 on: May 27, 2015, 01:32:35 am »

Using 'autist' as an insult is pretty far outside the bounds of acceptability, Orange Wizard. I'd advise you to not use it.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157854 on: May 27, 2015, 01:34:13 am »

I think the point was that the latter used their legitimate disadvantage as an excuse to offend others.
I think it is more a jab at all the self diagnosed people on the internet.  Speaking for myself, even when I feel I'm in a situation specifically because of my autism, I avoid using it as an excuse.  I've brought it up maybe three times in the past four years to people who aren't family.  One was a conversation about a famous person who had autism, back in ninth grade, and the second and third times were at academic team practices where autism was brought up.  From what I know of other autistics, this is often the case with them too.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157855 on: May 27, 2015, 01:35:44 am »

Well they used the phrase "people of colour", so I'm willing to guess so.

Using 'autist' as an insult is pretty far outside the bounds of acceptability, Orange Wizard. I'd advise you to not use it.
If you're going to say he was using it as an insult you'll have to take "white" and "middle class" as insults too. And that would be silly to do.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157856 on: May 27, 2015, 01:38:05 am »

When you just call someone an 'autist', it's kind of got the same connotations as calling someone a 'blackie', or 'a gay'.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #157857 on: May 27, 2015, 01:39:08 am »

If you're going to say he was using it as an insult you'll have to take "white" and "middle class" as insults too. And that would be silly to do.

Autist was the noun, 'white' and 'middle class' were used as adjectives. I don't agree with your assertion.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #157858 on: May 27, 2015, 01:41:17 am »

Yea, just the fact that some people think I'm autistic causes me to get discriminated against. My dad likes to populate the rumor that I'm an Aspie, despite the fact that I took an autism test that showed I had maybe one symptom, and otherwise zero signs of being anywhere on the spectrum. (I have trouble with eye contact most of the time, and I'm pretty sure that just has to do with social anxiety more than anything.)

There's also the fact that if I were black and physically disabled I would be one of the least privileged people on the planet. I mean I'm trans, I'm a woman, I'm technically homeless (unstably housed), I have mental illness(es), and I'm definitely not straight. I remember taking one of those 'check your privilege' tests and scoring pretty dang low.

FAKE EDIT: In fact...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #157859 on: May 27, 2015, 02:07:26 am »

Well they used the phrase "people of colour", so I'm willing to guess so.
My experience is the reverse, can't think of a time a white person used it, can remember a bunch of times black people used it.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 10522 10523 [10524] 10525 10526 ... 13310