Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10837 10838 [10839] 10840 10841 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14381043 times)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Wob] Fate of Awoos continues. Questions asked of sheep and florida (Happy thr.)
« Reply #162570 on: September 11, 2015, 09:05:01 am »

Have a new mattress on layaway, looking forward to getting rid of our 10+ year old ikea mattress and getting a new high end mattress, got it on good sale too, only 500 bucks.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: [Wob] Fate of Awoos continues. Questions asked of sheep and florida (Happy thr.)
« Reply #162571 on: September 11, 2015, 09:23:55 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Stealing that mo-fo. It's got the perfect combination of 'not-quite-sardonic' and yet 'cbf finishing the word'.
For all of the little good things in life that I could possibly raise my head to acknowledge, but not exactly speak.

... Except the amount of effort used to convey...
Whatev.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #162572 on: September 11, 2015, 09:25:14 am »

PENGUINS, MAN! DON'T YOU GET PENGUIN?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #162573 on: September 11, 2015, 09:26:28 am »

*Which I don't like, so I usually don't sleep on my left side if I don't sleep on my back. Which is kinda' unfortunate, because for some ungodly reason laying on your left side seems to reduce the effects of reflux.
That would be because your esophagus enters your stomach on the right side. So sleeping on your left raises the esophageal valve above the stomach and reduces reflux. Whereas sleeping on your right puts the valve at the bottom and basically asks your stomach acid to come trickling out.

For my part, it's either left or right side. Inevitably my hips and spine get sore from lying on one side and I'll roll over. Which means the sheets always look like I played Twister half the night. Can't do back unless I'm on a wedge pillow, and usually only if I'm sick. I also tend to bring one knee sharply forward, so I look like I'm trying to climb invisible stairs. I *cannot* sleep with my legs straight out.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162574 on: September 11, 2015, 11:36:03 am »

Finno-Ugric Electric Banya + Kraut Lager = Yurp Win.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162575 on: September 11, 2015, 12:20:10 pm »

I just kind of sprawl.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #162576 on: September 11, 2015, 12:43:15 pm »

I tend to sleep on my side since since somewhere along the way I got addicted to needing to hug something while going to sleep.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #162577 on: September 11, 2015, 01:32:19 pm »

Megabots has achieved ~$474,000 of the $500,000 kickstarter goal, with 6 days to go. With ~6,618 backers, the average backer donated ~$71.75

They haven't reached the goal yet, but they're close. And they could've gotten way less funding. Neat.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #162578 on: September 11, 2015, 02:07:22 pm »

Stomach for me most of the time, with my head turned to the left. Though I can also sleep on either side, often doing the leg thing. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162579 on: September 11, 2015, 02:15:01 pm »

I sleep on my stomach or side, but I always have my head facing toward the door. If furniture needs to be moved for that to be possible, furniture will be moved.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #162580 on: September 11, 2015, 02:20:54 pm »

I sleep...
literally anywhere.
In a chair? Bah! I've slept at school desks! Slumped over my work in a back-destroying position in horrible seats that make your ass itch!
I've slept on solid tile floor!
I WILL SLEEP ANYWHERE AS LONG AS I AM TIRED!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162581 on: September 11, 2015, 02:30:26 pm »

Sometimes I make a nest of pillows and blankets on the ground and sleep there. For some reason its way more comfortable than my bed.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #162582 on: September 11, 2015, 02:35:09 pm »

If it is not constantly moving under me, I can get to sleep just about anywhere. This includes the floor.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #162583 on: September 11, 2015, 02:59:39 pm »

Thanks to scoliosis, sleeping in any position other than on my left side is quite uncomfortable. Glad to know this also reduces reflux.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162584 on: September 11, 2015, 03:03:29 pm »

I'm not sure why sleeping on one's stomach is even a thing.  For me it carries a high risk of suffocation-nightmares, so I haven't done it willingly since I was old enough to figure out "hey this results in nightmares".  Pretty much only happens when I'm black-out drunk, and I don't remember my dreams then, so it's all good... yeah...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 10837 10838 [10839] 10840 10841 ... 13310