Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10964 10965 [10966] 10967 10968 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14377425 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: [🐌] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #164475 on: October 28, 2015, 03:35:25 pm »

How can he see anything with only those tiny stripes in the eye-protection?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #164476 on: October 28, 2015, 03:39:25 pm »

They aren't all that horrible depending on how well-sized the surrounding frame is for the wearer's head and eyes, though it does restrict up-down peripheral vision.  They remind me quite a bit of old Inuit goggles I've seen, which were used to reduce snow glare. 

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #164478 on: October 28, 2015, 03:52:57 pm »

They aren't all that horrible depending on how well-sized the surrounding frame is for the wearer's head and eyes, though it does restrict up-down peripheral vision.  They remind me quite a bit of old Inuit goggles I've seen, which were used to reduce snow glare.
Full heavy armor in WWI was mostly issued to machinegunners, so they didn't really need vertical peripheral vision that much.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164479 on: October 28, 2015, 03:58:31 pm »

Hey, Comrade P.

Look at this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For a city of 2.5~ million people.

Google Images has a number of prospective "future" subways, ranging from "proposed by a councilperson" to "some blogger thought it up" but none of them are much better than that.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #164480 on: October 28, 2015, 04:00:44 pm »

Hey, Comrade P.

Look at this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For a city of 2.5~ million people.

Google Images has a number of prospective "future" subways, ranging from "proposed by a councilperson" to "some blogger thought it up" but none of them are much better than that.

Where do I need to move if I want to ride the rocket the better way, Descan? :V

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164481 on: October 28, 2015, 04:02:48 pm »

I can't imagine such a linear route being good for a major city...  Washington DC has just only .6 million people and it has a far more comprehensive, multi-line system.  Even roughly factoring in tourists, it has less people and much better subway coverage.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164482 on: October 28, 2015, 04:11:56 pm »

Looks like Toronto, but I have my doubts about that plan as well, unless Toronto is a huge rectangle.

This one though...

HOLY SHIT. That's just mesmerizing and beautiful.

This is a rat's nest, but it seems to be a well designed one. The underground foot passages connecting the lines (I think that's what they are) are an especially nice touch. But what's that thick blue ghost line that starts near the bottom left? A major thoroughfare for reference?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #164483 on: October 28, 2015, 04:23:22 pm »

This is a rat's nest, but it seems to be a well designed one. The underground foot passages connecting the lines (I think that's what they are) are an especially nice touch. But what's that thick blue ghost line that starts near the bottom left? A major thoroughfare for reference?

Can't quite figure out which one do you mean. I can tell you that the only passages underground available for public use are the ones on the transit stations, as of now.

Regarding the size and complexity, I can say that this thing was planned out for a city with population of several millions in 1935 and has grown ever since. Now it serves a city with almost 15 million people living in it.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #164485 on: October 28, 2015, 05:31:59 pm »

A "light metro" line, whatever that is. And yes, all stations that are encircled by a black thick line are connected by underground foot passages.

I think the second circle that was on that 2100 picture would've been already finished by now, if not for 90s budget cuts. As of now, there's only the little "baby" line (Kahovskaya - Warsaw) you can see in the down-middle (the dark blue one, not the "blue ghost" one).
._.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #164486 on: October 28, 2015, 05:42:17 pm »

Had a great day. No reservations or qualifiers. That hasn't happened for a bit.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #164487 on: October 28, 2015, 05:51:30 pm »

Trigger for REM probably found, also might fight stress in some way.

Really cool that science is working to fix some stuff that might be linked to some of the more widespread psychological problems of the modern world.

Tho the moment I read the second bit about the mice turning instantly happy made me kinda dread the possibility of that happening in humans. As in, they don't need to distract you with flashy lights and stuff to keep you content and docile, they just need to tweak this bunch of neurons in some way :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164488 on: October 28, 2015, 05:55:45 pm »

There's at least one popular sci-fi setting where people learned to directly stimulate the brain to induce happiness.  In the one I'm thinking of, many people simply did that for... the rest of their lives.  Other people, those who craved something more, survived to become the new humanity.  I think it turned out well.  Not sure which group I'd be part of though :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164489 on: October 28, 2015, 06:00:00 pm »

Trigger for REM probably found, also might fight stress in some way.

Really cool that science is working to fix some stuff that might be linked to some of the more widespread psychological problems of the modern world.

Tho the moment I read the second bit about the mice turning instantly happy made me kinda dread the possibility of that happening in humans. As in, they don't need to distract you with flashy lights and stuff to keep you content and docile, they just need to tweak this bunch of neurons in some way :V
...This is suddenly terrifying.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 10964 10965 [10966] 10967 10968 ... 13310