Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10970 10971 [10972] 10973 10974 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14594194 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [🐌] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #164565 on: October 29, 2015, 07:15:17 pm »

I don't know why, but I've been exceptionally hyper today, like the boost you get from coffee, but almost all day(coffee wears off by 10, 11 at the latest).

Not sure why. The only thing I've done different for my morning routine was eat a rather tasty orange with my breakfast.

Still, it felt good to actually have energy to get through the day.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164566 on: October 29, 2015, 07:30:14 pm »

I don't know why, but I've been exceptionally hyper today, like the boost you get from coffee, but almost all day(coffee wears off by 10, 11 at the latest).

Not sure why. The only thing I've done different for my morning routine was eat a rather tasty orange with my breakfast.

Still, it felt good to actually have energy to get through the day.
Praise the citrus fruit god.  He has granted you a boon.
This is obviously why you had energy.
(no but seriously the fruit might have had something to do with it.)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #164567 on: October 29, 2015, 08:44:10 pm »

Yeah, watching him in action I can see why there are memes and stuff about the guy. Good lord, but he's skilled.
I watch him with a skilled painter from a family of painters, and 95% of the commentary is on how he's painting the same five or six paintings over and over using the laziest technique possible. It's to the point where after a few dozen episodes we can predict everything he says and does before he does it.

One of those patterns: begin with a lavender sky. Add a couple horizontal blobs of white with grey undersides. BLEND THE SHIT OUT OF THE CLOUDS. Add three to five flattened triangles as peaks, one set closer than the other set to the viewer. BLEND THE SHIT OUT OF THE MOUNTAINS. Add white to one side of the ridgelines. BLEND THE SHIT OUT OF THE LIGHT HIGHLIGHTS. Add a dark shade to the other side of the ridgelines. BLEND THE SHIT OUT OF THE SHADOWS. BLEND THE SHIT OUT OF THE BASES BECAUSE YOU GOTTA HAVE MIST. Start painting small evergreens in the middleground at the base of the front set of mountains. After the first half-dozen, start drawing lazy sticks and triangles instead. BLEND THE SHIT OUT OF THOSE TREES. Use white to draw a shoreline at the bottom of the grey blob of evergreens. DRAG THE TREES DOWN AND BLEND THE SHIT OUT OF THEM FOR REFLECTIONS. Paint a GIANT FUCKING EVERGREEN ON ONE SIDE IN THE CLOSE FOREGROUND. Add one to two slightly smaller evergreens beside it. Now paint a bunch of blobs of green at the base of all the evergreens in both the front and middleground instead of showing where they enter the earth, then BLEND THE SHIT OUT OF THOSE BUSHES. Add thin white highlights at random to the trunks of the evergreens, stop arbitrarily after ~10-15s. Add splotches of either bright color or white depending on the season to the bushes, then BLEND THE SHIT OUT OF THEM AGAIN. Finally, make a bunch of shitty finishing touches and stop before the painting's really done because the producer is telling you that you're out of time. Insert errors ranging from minor to hilarious at random. If you ever have any texture at all, if your painting is not perfectly flat and smooth, you are dishonoroburu failure and must commit sudoku. There, now you know how to paint mountain scenes like Bob Ross.

That's not to say that it's bad in terms of inclusiveness or commercial success, since "blend fucking everything since it's easy and helps hide all your mistakes and lazy work" is probably the best way to get a lot of people started with painting.

What makes Bob cool isn't his painting. He's a shitty painter. He's cool because his attitude is fucking hilarious and he's generally either stoned as shit or high on life.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #164568 on: October 29, 2015, 08:52:08 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #164570 on: October 29, 2015, 09:10:02 pm »

The man isn't a terribly talented painter, but he's a fantastic teacher of a strategy that yields good results, especially for the time and effort invested. He's also great at small talk, extremely friendly, and a superb salesman. Aside from that, he says many wise things.

This has been my impression, anyway. Truth be told, I'd rather he be Bob Ross than a master painter, so please do not take this post for talking shit about Bob Ross. Plus, every time he paints something that isn't one of those 5 or 6 paintings I am filled with surprise and awe.

i don't want any more happy accidents please i have a family friends probably
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #164571 on: October 29, 2015, 09:15:40 pm »

I like Bob Ross, though I'm no expert on painting. I watched his PBS show on occasion when I was in elementary school, so I was very surprised to learn he used to be a mean-talking, tough first-sergeant who mustered out and later adopted many of the mannerisms we know him for because he didn't want to be that sort of person any more. 
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 09:17:20 pm by Culise »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #164572 on: October 29, 2015, 09:23:05 pm »

It just hit me how odd it is that Dorfs reach maturity at 12. Well, odd to me due to cultural differences, of course, but still-Funny thought considering. I wonder if we'll ever see teenage dwarves complaining and maybe even not working due to the usual teenage angst/rebellion? Maybe even have how they're raised effect that?
It's not that weird, even if you assume they mature about the same as humans. A 12 year old child could do physical labour on a not-useless level, and deal with the responsibility of work and personal property and so on, given the right upbringing.
Honestly an actual twelve year old is probably more competent in many cases than a DF dwarf
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #164573 on: October 29, 2015, 09:36:52 pm »

If I ever have a child, at age 12 I will show them a sock and ask them quite simplistically ask them 'Would you use this for a weapon?'
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164574 on: October 29, 2015, 11:07:29 pm »

... My brother and I used to slap each other with socks a lot, actually.  Less bleeding than the pinecone fights.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #164575 on: October 29, 2015, 11:17:19 pm »

If I ever have a child, at age 12 I will show them a sock and ask them quite simplistically ask them 'Would you use this for a weapon?'
You can strangle somebody real good with a sock.

EVERYTHING is a viable weapon KoSS, you just have to know how to use it.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #164576 on: October 29, 2015, 11:18:20 pm »

Pinecone fights! :D
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #164577 on: October 29, 2015, 11:46:10 pm »

You can strangle somebody real good with a sock.

EVERYTHING is a viable weapon KoSS, you just have to know how to use it.
I never said I would be disappointed. Just want to make sure of the mindset I am dealing with.
'yes jimmy this small room with nothing but a bed and a table and a chair is now your room it's very shiny'
"I LOVE IT"
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #164578 on: October 29, 2015, 11:55:10 pm »

Actually, my daughter is *thrilled* at having a room of her own soon when her younger brother moves into another room. Just as he's thrilled to have a room of his own, even if there's nothing it but a bed and a place for his clothes.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #164579 on: October 29, 2015, 11:59:08 pm »

So, here's a video game mechanic idea. One of those sidescroller beat 'em up things, but the hero's only attack is the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique. The object of the game is to find each enemy's timing so that you can use it without getting interrupted, and then get them to walk the requisite 5 steps.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 10970 10971 [10972] 10973 10974 ... 13312