Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11166 11167 [11168] 11169 11170 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14546071 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: [🐌] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #167505 on: January 19, 2016, 05:43:51 am »

I just watched 45 minutes of Yahtzee playing SS3 and discussing psychedelic drugs in absolute deadpan.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167506 on: January 19, 2016, 07:08:22 am »

Homestuck NOT still around?
Huh?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #167507 on: January 19, 2016, 08:00:47 am »

We're not referring to homestuck itself so much as its fans.

I mean, heck, the forum thread for it's been off the front page for like months now. I'm not even sure I've spoken with anyone on the forum who has an avatar based on it since technicallyAdventurer spontaneously disappeared for the 3rd or 4th time. :v
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #167508 on: January 19, 2016, 08:35:26 am »

Also, Portal.
Man I'm so fucking glad that thing has finally fucking disappeared and stopped infesting every fucking discussion that dared to mention the words "cake" and "space"! No matter how irrelevant it would be, no matter that the "jokes" are incredibly stupid and meaningless, noooo, there were people who were willing to interrupt everyone else to spread around their filthy meme-seed for multiple fucking years!..

i'm very happy indeed
._.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167509 on: January 19, 2016, 09:01:03 am »

spread around their filthy meme-seed
Please let me have your filthy meme-babies, Sergarr-sama
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167510 on: January 19, 2016, 09:04:25 am »

spread around their filthy meme-seed
Please let me have your filthy meme-babies, Sergarr-sama
Memes. The DNA of the soul.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #167511 on: January 19, 2016, 09:23:14 am »

you know that's almost exactly the kind of response i've expected and yet i kept these words in my post

for some reason that makes me happy?

i m confus

._.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #167512 on: January 19, 2016, 09:28:18 am »

Also, Portal.
Man I'm so fucking glad that thing has finally fucking disappeared and stopped infesting every fucking discussion that dared to mention the words "cake" and "space"! No matter how irrelevant it would be, no matter that the "jokes" are incredibly stupid and meaningless, noooo, there were people who were willing to interrupt everyone else to spread around their filthy meme-seed for multiple fucking years!..

i'm very happy indeed
Sounds like a triumph.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167513 on: January 19, 2016, 09:45:33 am »

Also, Portal.

i'm very happy indeed
Sounds like a triumph.

Really a huge success.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #167514 on: January 19, 2016, 09:52:01 am »

Also, Portal.

i'm very happy indeed
Sounds like a triumph.

Really a huge success.

It'd be hard to overstate the satisfaction.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167515 on: January 19, 2016, 10:21:47 am »

I love memes and honestly don't understand why anyone would be mad at popular fandoms.  My only problem with Undertale's fandom would be spoilers, except they've been really cool about marking spoilers on Bay12!  (I still want to play it yet bizarrely still have not.  I've been waiting for my expectations to lower a bit, and have some solid time in which to appreciate it.  Soon.)

Usually when I see someone enjoying a meme, I do look it up so I "get it".  I guess it could be frustrating otherwise but...  It only takes a couple minutes?  And seems pretty easy just to ignore?  I don't get *annoyed* when people rickroll me, I just treat it like they said "Hey, the 00's!".  It's like smalltalk at a party, it's inane.  But also a shared experience that brings people together just a little, albeit cheaply.

(As for happy, I had a bizarre and interesting weekend without much sleep.  I still feel a bit giddy)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 10:23:31 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: [] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #167516 on: January 19, 2016, 10:41:52 am »

« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 06:15:07 am by penguinofhonor »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167517 on: January 19, 2016, 10:44:17 am »

Meh.
I don't particularly like memes when spread everywhere.
However, if a game has that much something to make significant memes, it's probably worth a look.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167518 on: January 19, 2016, 10:45:07 am »

I probably will play Undertale at some point, when all the buzz and hype dies down.

Look, I've been gaming a long time.  Whenever I hear a loud, vocal group of people fawning over some new release it makes me roll my eyes.  There's a ton of great games out there, but when some obscure indie release gets all of this attention it feels like it has to do more with clever marketing than anything else.

I remember when Five Nights at Freddy's came out and everyone was all in a frenzy over it.  It's just a low budget Night Trap clone.  Big deal.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167519 on: January 19, 2016, 10:46:19 am »

...I don't think I've ever SEEN marketing for Undertale except everyone liking it.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 11166 11167 [11168] 11169 11170 ... 13312