Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11200 11201 [11202] 11203 11204 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14374956 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: [🐌] Goat Moms sweet sugary ASS thread. (Happy thread)
« Reply #168015 on: January 30, 2016, 02:49:29 pm »

There are books about geodude? As in, multiple books?
YOU MIGHT BE SURPRISED
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #168016 on: January 30, 2016, 06:16:16 pm »

I'm studying for an exam how to mess with insect cells, which uses a virus named Baculovirus, Bac for short. And oh my god, the puns, the awful, awful puns in the names of the kits that use it. BacPAK, Bac-to-Bac, BacMagic... It's almost like genetic engineers are nerds or something.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 06:27:49 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #168018 on: January 30, 2016, 06:35:44 pm »

I'm studying for an exam how to mess with insect cells, which uses a virus named Baculovirus, Bac for short. And oh my god, the puns, the awful, awful puns in the names of the kits that use it. BacPAK, Bac-to-Bac, BacMagic... It's almost like genetic engineers are nerds or something.
Hmm, bacculo means 'club' in latin. Relation?
Yep, it's named for the shape.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #168019 on: January 31, 2016, 03:40:37 am »

Cooking with Dog genuinely makes me gleeful every time I watch an episode or two. I was having kind of a crappy night between busy work and hurting my legs, but it really cheered me up. :)
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #168020 on: January 31, 2016, 05:05:12 am »

Few things as purifying and just genuinely pleasing as a good shave with a straight razor. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #168021 on: January 31, 2016, 06:13:01 am »

I've understood the therapeutic benefits of forgetting for a while, but I've never actually experienced it until now. Just going to sleep and letting go of the current stress that I've broken many an unfortunate object that happened to be in my hand because of was ... extremely gratifying. I felt peaceful for the first time in days.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #168022 on: January 31, 2016, 12:49:34 pm »

I made a D&D character today, im pretty hype :v (even if i still have to think up a backstory)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #168023 on: January 31, 2016, 01:12:29 pm »

I made a D&D character today, im pretty hype :v (even if i still have to think up a backstory)

Aren't you supposed to think of backstory first and then proceed to technical spreadsheets?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168024 on: January 31, 2016, 01:13:51 pm »

Depends on the game and the person. Both are legit ways to do it.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168025 on: January 31, 2016, 01:31:57 pm »

Aren't you supposed to think of backstory first and then proceed to technical spreadsheets?
If you have no idea how the mechanics work it's not uncommon to be given a character with premade stats so that you don't have to do a bunch of prerequisite reading first.
Not that I have any first hand experience because my friends suck at being nerds.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #168026 on: January 31, 2016, 01:34:15 pm »

Sometimes! I just built an archer and spun out a backstory about him, because it's easier to think of something I know can be done in D&D and then backstory it than to think up a long backstory and then realise there's no real way of representing it.

But equally, I've played characters who were pure fluff that I then statted out.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #168027 on: January 31, 2016, 01:41:03 pm »

It's a highly personal process.

Here's how I normally do it, for example:
1. Develop bare-bones character concept.
2. Figure out what sort of crunch would mesh with the concept.
3. Do all the statting-out.
4. Write personality and backstory, taking cues from elements of the crunch which would affect either.
5. Go back and edit the crunch with minor things derived from the personality and backstory--sentimental-value trinkets, perform/profession skills, &c.

Treating the mechanical and narrative aspects of a character as separate entities is almost as bad as only caring about one or the other.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #168028 on: January 31, 2016, 01:43:51 pm »

http://imgur.com/a/vBKVV

Got fruits showing up in armok vision.

I think they look pretty good.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #168029 on: January 31, 2016, 02:37:39 pm »

I just went over to the DM's house and we sort of made a character, i just picked what seemed like fun (and based off of what the playgroup already has. i'm not saying party because the playgroup is pretty big and some people have come up with an elaborate system to keep it managable). Which is how it has come to pass that I am going to be playing a Gnome Wild Sorcerer.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 11200 11201 [11202] 11203 11204 ... 13310