Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11309 11310 [11311] 11312 11313 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14548993 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #169650 on: March 13, 2016, 01:59:33 pm »

Just measured my pet snake.
If that's what kids are calling it these days

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169651 on: March 13, 2016, 02:01:05 pm »

Just measured my pet snake. He's a little over two feet now. My babby danger noodle ain't such a baby anymore.  :D
Pictures, maybe?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169652 on: March 13, 2016, 02:13:26 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:23:42 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #169653 on: March 13, 2016, 02:35:16 pm »

Just measured my pet snake. He's a little over two feet now. My babby danger noodle ain't such a baby anymore.  :D
... species? Used to (semi-)have a boa, m'self. Got up to a bit over six foot before the full owner did something stupid (insufficient heating :-\) and got it killed. Cute big ol' blighter, though.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #169654 on: March 13, 2016, 02:42:13 pm »

Most likely a corn snake, at a guess. Two feet isn't unreasonable for an immature one, and they're the most common in my experience.

My high school bio department had a couple of small anacondas and a massive rock python. The latter was pretty impressive, being large enough that the lab tech couldn't lift it without putting his back out.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #169655 on: March 13, 2016, 03:05:42 pm »

I just realized, while rewriting this key escrow server from scratch because I'm quite frankly terrified of what mischief White Team might have done to it (and I don't know the language they wrote it in, so I can't easily check even though I have the alleged source and could just recompile from that), that the documentation suggests that there is absolutely no authentication involved. In other words, if you know somebody's username, you can read their encryption keys. Or set them to arbitrary values. Like '0', or 'dQw4w9WgXcQ'.

those cheeky dickwaffles
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169656 on: March 13, 2016, 03:18:29 pm »

... species? Used to (semi-)have a boa, m'self. Got up to a bit over six foot before the full owner did something stupid (insufficient heating :-\) and got it killed. Cute big ol' blighter, though.

Most likely a corn snake, at a guess. Two feet isn't unreasonable for an immature one, and they're the most common in my experience.

My high school bio department had a couple of small anacondas and a massive rock python. The latter was pretty impressive, being large enough that the lab tech couldn't lift it without putting his back out.

Yeah he's a corn snake. He's a snow morph so he's all white and pink with red eyes. I've posted a few pictures of him in the Cutes thread over the past few months. His hatching day is coming up in a few months. The breeders thought he had hatched towards the end of June if my memory serves, though I didn't think to ask them until a few months after I had bought him, so they weren't sure anymore by that point.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #169657 on: March 13, 2016, 03:41:49 pm »

Saw Zootopia this afternoon. Man, Disney is rolling through the "Here, use this movie as a springboard to start discussions with your kids about difficult subjects" list. First depression, now racism/sexism.

I'm guessing their next movie will be "Unwed Mother Snow White's Big Decision" or "Winnie-the-Pooh seeks help for his honey addiction".

Don't get me wrong, I think both Inside Out and Zootopia are great films, I'm just still mentally adjusting to kids movies being a lot more nuanced than when I was a kid. It's a good thing.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #169658 on: March 13, 2016, 03:47:03 pm »

Saw Zootopia this afternoon. Man, Disney is rolling through the "Here, use this movie as a springboard to start discussions with your kids about difficult subjects" list. First depression, now furries.
ftfy

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #169659 on: March 13, 2016, 03:50:07 pm »

"Winnie-the-Pooh seeks help for his honey addiction".
Hey, he doesn't have a problem! He can stop anytime he wants!
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #169660 on: March 13, 2016, 03:54:46 pm »

"Winnie-the-Pooh seeks help for his honey addiction".
Hey, he doesn't have a problem! He can stop anytime he wants!

The heffalumps may disagree.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #169661 on: March 13, 2016, 03:58:14 pm »

Can he, though? I can't recall if we ever see him eating anything that isn't honey. It may be his digestive system is incapable of processing anything else, and trying to wean off his addiction would be straight up suicide.

... which might make for something pretty amazing in regards to a plot, and if you're looking for complicated subject parallels it's right there alongside addictions you literally can't get rid of, and have to manage or die. Pooh's slow degeneration trying to stop, the terrors of trying to go to something else only for his body to rebel, the eventual breakdown as he gives in and binges for a period, the eventual drawback and assistance in finding a balance that both keeps him alive and keeps the pull of the honey from damaging his other activities... you could do some work with that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #169662 on: March 13, 2016, 04:02:34 pm »

Can he, though? I can't recall if we ever see him eating anything that isn't honey. It may be his digestive system is incapable of processing anything else, and trying to wean off his addiction would be straight up suicide.

... which might make for something pretty amazing in regards to a plot, and if you're looking for complicated subject parallels it's right there alongside addictions you literally can't get rid of, and have to manage or die. Pooh's slow degeneration trying to stop, the terrors of trying to go to something else only for his body to rebel, the eventual breakdown as he gives in and binges for a period, the eventual drawback and assistance in finding a balance that both keeps him alive and keeps the pull of the honey from damaging his other activities... you could do some work with that.

That shaking and rumbling?

AA Milne turning over in his grave so fast it causes tectonic plates to smash together!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #169663 on: March 13, 2016, 04:04:07 pm »

Somebody please stop him India can't take the quaking and shaking

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169664 on: March 13, 2016, 04:20:47 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:23:35 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 11309 11310 [11311] 11312 11313 ... 13312