Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11310 11311 [11312] 11313 11314 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14373997 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #169665 on: March 13, 2016, 04:32:52 pm »

Can he, though? I can't recall if we ever see him eating anything that isn't honey. It may be his digestive system is incapable of processing anything else, and trying to wean off his addiction would be straight up suicide.

... which might make for something pretty amazing in regards to a plot, and if you're looking for complicated subject parallels it's right there alongside addictions you literally can't get rid of, and have to manage or die. Pooh's slow degeneration trying to stop, the terrors of trying to go to something else only for his body to rebel, the eventual breakdown as he gives in and binges for a period, the eventual drawback and assistance in finding a balance that both keeps him alive and keeps the pull of the honey from damaging his other activities... you could do some work with that.
Poohspotting? Cor, that has has potential...diving into "The Worst Rabbit Hole In The Hundred-Acre Wood" after a jar of honey falls in...Tigger as Begbie, Piglet as Spud,  the whole thing ending with Pooh declaring, "Choose Life, choose a career, choose a family, choose...oh bother."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #169666 on: March 13, 2016, 04:36:26 pm »

Tigger as Begbie?

I now have images of him aggressively shouting "that wee forest animal got poached, and no cunt leaves 'til I found what cunt did it."

Please stahp :'(
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #169667 on: March 13, 2016, 04:43:02 pm »

I know right? My brain is currently defiling my childhood almost as bad as that music video someone did of Kermit the Frog singing NIN's "Hurt". It was glorious, and at the same time ohgodwhydidiwatchthis....cannot unsee

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #169668 on: March 13, 2016, 04:43:42 pm »

Don't get me wrong, I think both Inside Out and Zootopia are great films, I'm just still mentally adjusting to kids movies being a lot more nuanced than when I was a kid. It's a good thing.
Is it? Seems pretty pointless to me. Kids don't usually care about any of that crap unless if affects them directly, and then you don't need a movie to start talking about it.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #169669 on: March 13, 2016, 04:48:30 pm »

Don't get me wrong, I think both Inside Out and Zootopia are great films, I'm just still mentally adjusting to kids movies being a lot more nuanced than when I was a kid. It's a good thing.
Is it? Seems pretty pointless to me. Kids don't usually care about any of that crap unless if affects them directly, and then you don't need a movie to start talking about it.
Helps lazy parents let Hollywood teach their children for them

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #169670 on: March 13, 2016, 04:50:16 pm »

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you don't have kids? These are not easy topics to broach with your kids. Hell, they're not easy to broach with ADULTS. And it's nice to see a movie saying "It's okay to be sad. It's IMPORTANT to be sad at times." rather than just encourage Pollyanna-ism. Or to see a movie say "Yes, we tout America as a diverse place where we can all be different and get along and it's not actually like that but that doesn't mean the whole thing is broken. And yes, people can say insensitive things but it doesn't mean they're automatically bad people. And maybe we should all just take it down a notch."

Helps lazy parents let Hollywood teach their children for them
::)
Well, at least they're not learning from Michael Bay.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #169671 on: March 13, 2016, 04:55:17 pm »

it's nice to see a movie
Okay, yeah. I'm thinking about toddler-tier children. If the films are aimed at older kids then it's probably worthwhile.

Well, at least they're not learning from Michael Bay.
DADDY WHY CAN'T WE NUKE THEM

DAAAAADDDYYY
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169672 on: March 13, 2016, 05:01:13 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:19:28 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #169673 on: March 13, 2016, 05:33:14 pm »

It's also an interesting challenge because my daughter is hitting that age where it's really sinking in that the world is NOT an inherently good place. But she's still unaware of just how ungood it can be. And as her father, I can't help but want to shield her as long as I can while simultaneously wanting her to grow as a person and not be so sheltered that she breaks later in life when she finds it out the hard way.

She's still positive and caring and optimistic and I want that to last as long as possible. I'm terrified that middle school is going to break her, because let's face it -- middle school SUCKS. It's like the real-world equivalent of Girlinhat's "dwarven daycare", only with less fighting starving dogs for food and more "trying to stay sane and well-adjusted in the Byzantine maze of cliques, hierarchy and emotional manipulation of your peers".

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #169674 on: March 13, 2016, 06:16:58 pm »

You can also ignore most of it and read books instead.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #169675 on: March 13, 2016, 06:34:12 pm »

Sure, if you're a total introvert who doesn't mind being shunned for three years. I was, she isn't. And I was shunned for rather different reasons.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #169676 on: March 13, 2016, 06:34:38 pm »

And that's what turned me into the sociopath I am today.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #169677 on: March 13, 2016, 06:40:24 pm »

Am I the only one who didn't have a crap experience with middle school?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169678 on: March 13, 2016, 06:42:14 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:19:05 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #169679 on: March 13, 2016, 06:42:30 pm »

Am I the only one who didn't have a crap experience with middle school?

Nope. *Raises hand*

We should start a club. Few members though, I'd guess.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 11310 11311 [11312] 11313 11314 ... 13310