Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11345 11346 [11347] 11348 11349 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14596519 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #170190 on: March 26, 2016, 01:04:16 am »

I only did well because I used to play a Gamemaker game that was almost exactly the same (Typogun?  Yes, Typogun).  Except this has better graphics, is in space instead of tanks, and the soundtrack is nice.

Also I'm pretty sure Typogun sometimes had multiple tanks on-screen that started with the same letter, which was BS.  This game is smart and avoids that.  It doesn't have shotgun blast powerups though...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh also, press enter to bomb
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170191 on: March 26, 2016, 01:05:24 am »

The graph for improvement over time is a nice touch, for folks looking to practice. Wave 13, 94.7%, but I'm a hunt-and-peck typist half the time.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #170192 on: March 26, 2016, 08:09:45 am »

Had a very difficult week.  Long hours, many changes, social tensions, and lots of barely averted crisis.  But I think I made it through without any disasters.

And lastnight I finished my work and passed out almost immediately after.  I think I was asleep by like 8 pm.  Can't even remember.  I don't think I slept very well... but I did sleep 12 hours.

Now I've woken up on my own at 8 am, actually feeling decently refreshed.  Something I never do.  No one else is awake yet.  Enjoying some time by myself, uninterrupted, doing whatever the fuck I want.  Something I rarely get to do.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #170193 on: March 26, 2016, 08:12:08 am »

Holy shit this is the coolest typing game ever made. They turned typing tests into a bullet hell and it's great. First try made it to Wave 14 with 95% accuracy, and only that low because I fumbled at the end when it started a word when I was trying to clear a letter-burst.
I only did well because I used to play a Gamemaker game that was almost exactly the same (Typogun?  Yes, Typogun).  Except this has better graphics, is in space instead of tanks, and the soundtrack is nice.

Also I'm pretty sure Typogun sometimes had multiple tanks on-screen that started with the same letter, which was BS.  This game is smart and avoids that.  It doesn't have shotgun blast powerups though...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh also, press enter to bomb
Letter bursts? What's the penalty for missing those?

Reached until Wave 20 until my usual complication of freezing up happened. :'( Quick typing speed, longest streak of ~400, then I freeze up, in thought and in typing. Gahhhhh.

Beautiful game though and cheered me up. What ALSO cheered me up were the awesome emails from friends and advice I sorely needed. Thanks dudes for taking the initiative to an overworked person. T_T

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170194 on: March 26, 2016, 12:20:57 pm »

No idea where to pop this, because this isn't WTF-tier, and this most certainly is not a happy, but one that a person can take pride in, heroes and all that.

Apparently, a Russian called an airstrike on himself when he was surrounded by ISIS terrorists.

May you rest well in Valhalla.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #170195 on: March 26, 2016, 12:49:40 pm »

Yeah, saw that on my feed. Despite the hopelessness of such situations, it takes a certain kind of courage to face it so directly.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170196 on: March 26, 2016, 01:08:03 pm »

I got to hold a baby leopard gecko today and also got to stroke an egyptian uromastyx under the chin.  :D

The baby gecko was like a marshmallow with teeny little feet, and the uromastyx was like a velvet tortoise with no shell.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170197 on: March 26, 2016, 01:21:35 pm »

We have a client at work who is basically the only client at work without some variety of intellectual disability.
However all of the staff here have kind of gotten into a mindset regarding the people we work with. Tonight I was on with another staffer who doesn't usually work with this client, and they were like
"Haaaay Buddy! How's about we check you're all comfy and snuggled up in your bed!", at which point I walked in behind and said something like "'Sup loser. How's shit going?"
The look I got was priceless.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 01:23:51 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170198 on: March 26, 2016, 02:51:15 pm »

This is where Age of Decadence is on Steam's (North American?) top sellers. The game above it that I accidentally cut out is Undertale. Good to be vindicated on a game you like.

Edit: It has overtaken Undertale! This is so much fun to watch.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 02:57:57 pm by A Thing »
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170199 on: March 26, 2016, 02:51:56 pm »

Seeing as there isn't an awesome thread...

For anybody not in the know, an ekranoplan is a naval vehicle that flies in the ground effect zone (basically, it flies like a plane does, but the surface interrupts its wingtip vortices, reducing drag by a ton, which is why it can use much stubbier wings while still generating enough lift to fly). This shoop is basically an upscaled Lun' - class which is also somehow an aircraft carrier. The real Lun' - class reached a top speed of a little under 600 kph while being able to simultaneously explodify everything in its path with guided missiles. Basing off this, that thing would be monstrous, beautiful, and probably completely unviable both economically and from an engineering standpoint (I mean, the originals were pretty wobbly already), so all that is left to us is to experience it through the power of Photoshop.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #170200 on: March 26, 2016, 02:53:42 pm »

God damn that looks like a screenshot from a photorealistic Ace Combat game, haha.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170201 on: March 26, 2016, 03:12:09 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 06:45:11 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170202 on: March 26, 2016, 03:32:20 pm »

I'd been interested in getting this game, but wasn't totally sure yet. Now that I've seen what you have to say, I'll get it for sure!

(as soon as I finish Stardew Valley, Undertale, and Valkyria Chronicles. LOL)

I would suggest playing the demo first (which can be found on the Steam page, I thought they also had it on their website too but apparently not) it certainly isn't a game for everyone.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #170203 on: March 26, 2016, 03:35:29 pm »

Thanks for mentioning this game. I haven't heard about it but I'm definitely going to check it out sometime.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170204 on: March 26, 2016, 03:35:57 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 06:45:01 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 11345 11346 [11347] 11348 11349 ... 13312