Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11590 11591 [11592] 11593 11594 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14555746 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: [bunbunbun] UPRPR club hop and flop station (Happy thread)
« Reply #173865 on: July 26, 2016, 03:57:53 am »

Nintendo shares have skyrocketed since Pokemon Go's release and instant transformation into global cultural phenomenon, but they fell dramatically today after investors realized that Nintendo doesn't actually make the game.
lolololol
Ha, I was wondering why Nintendo was getting business out of a popular app they didn't even develop.
Well, they own the IP. I was under the impression that Niantec or however it's called was making the game for Nintendo.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #173866 on: July 26, 2016, 08:20:19 am »

Feeling sentimental and looking for tabletop rp material, wiki'd 9 Princes In Amber.
As of July 19, 2016, a TV adaptation is being produced by the creators of the Walking Dead tv series. [3]

This is almost as exciting as a Marathon show would have been!

Also played some Zangband.  "9 Princes in Amber"-flavored Angband that introduced a randomly generated surface world with multiple towns to explore.  Kinda silly and ridiculously dangerous...  My level 5 beastman chaos-warrior of Nurgle was fine in the dungeon, then stepped outside the city walls and lost half his health to some spellcaster he couldn't see.  Later got mauled by a bear.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #173867 on: July 26, 2016, 01:22:32 pm »

My mod for cdda is 1 meg  !!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #173868 on: July 26, 2016, 05:20:30 pm »

Nintendo shares have skyrocketed since Pokemon Go's release and instant transformation into global cultural phenomenon, but they fell dramatically today after investors realized that Nintendo doesn't actually make the game.
lolololol
Ha, I was wondering why Nintendo was getting business out of a popular app they didn't even develop.
Well, they own the IP. I was under the impression that Niantec or however it's called was making the game for Nintendo.
Also, it shows that the Pokemon IP remains incredibly popular, even outside the main target demographic.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #173869 on: July 26, 2016, 05:36:35 pm »

why does pokemon have to be the same every time the battle system is the only thing that matters everything on top is more excuses to battle why does it always have to be the same excuse

inb4 gen 7 comes out and actually has a format that isn't fight-8-gyms-then-elite-four-then-champion for once

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #173870 on: July 26, 2016, 05:43:17 pm »

WW2 pokemon setting when. Not even kidding.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #173871 on: July 26, 2016, 05:53:32 pm »

Didn't some theory or other say the background was a huge war? There could legitimately be a WW2-Pokemon edition.

Edit-Forgot my actual happy, I'm done with the last of my GED tests, and I think it went better than expected!
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #173872 on: July 26, 2016, 05:53:55 pm »

"DONNER RATTE, ICH WÄHLE DICH"
- Private Franz, Dreitte Pikachu Regiment

this has the potential to both be disturbing and deeply hilarious at the same time
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #173873 on: July 26, 2016, 05:57:26 pm »

WW2 pokemon setting when. Not even kidding.
After the heat death of the universe.
Quote from: Junichi Masuda
It’s the type of place, the Pokémon world, where problems we face on Earth just wouldn’t happen. There wouldn’t be global warming, water shortages, or anything like that. It’s a world where the people in it really want to work together with each other. Their value system is such where they would prefer to work together and eliminate these problems rather than feud.

Long ago, there may have been wars. Actually, if you look at one of the movies featuring the character Lucario, there are maybe some hints about the past of the Pokémon world.[1]
Seeing as aforementioned film implies said possible war happened in the Middle Ages equivalent, there is a 0% chance of WWII Pokémon. That's not even getting into things like how it would border on utterly impossible to get such a game released. Particularly in Japan.
Didn't some theory or other say the background was a huge war? There could legitimately be a WW2-Pokemon edition.
XY had a war in its backstory. Several thousand years in the past. [A major character in the game is the king of one of the warring countries, made immortal by the power of his superweapon. He's shown to be utterly broken by the lengths he went to to win the war, which included losing the Pokémon dearest to him to power said superweapon.]

(Lt. Surge seems to be a remnant of the series not quite hitting its thematic stride in the first games, seeing as he is the only person in the entire series, save for people talking about him, to mention a contemporary war.)

If you're looking for a Pokémon game about war, there's Pokémon Conquest, which is Pokémon meets Nobunaga's Ambition.
the battle system is the only thing that matters
fite me
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 06:03:28 pm by Tawa »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #173874 on: July 26, 2016, 05:59:53 pm »

Super duper prequel edition: Pokemon Great War?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #173875 on: July 26, 2016, 06:03:54 pm »

game theory "theories" are usually basically the definition of reading too much into it, with a generous helping of old lore.

all it really means is that ww2 pokemon is theoretically somewhat compatible with the lore.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #173876 on: July 26, 2016, 06:04:25 pm »

Iunno, I'd just like Pokemon in a setting that ISN'T all sunshine and rainbows besides some craycray teams being craycray.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173877 on: July 26, 2016, 06:15:21 pm »

There's some hints at various wars. Gyrados' Pokedex entries have stated that it was so heavily used as a weapon that not only entire cities wiped out, but Gyraodos was driven so closely to extinction that the entire species forced itself to devolve into Magikarp, whose uselessness made it unsuitable as a weapon as it require patience to become strong, and Magikarp's implied rapid reproduction rate allowed the species to recover despite being easy prey.

One of the early episodes of the anime involved the ghost of a woman whose lover went off to war and never came back though the uniforms shown in the flashback suggest Warring States period.

Overall, it seems that the NRA belief of "arm everyone" actually works in the Pokemon universe. After all, how can you tell if that 10-year-old with a yellow mouse on his shoulder isn't carrying a war god to destroy you with(hell, the mouse might be the war god).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #173878 on: July 26, 2016, 06:21:02 pm »

Of course, it helps that the weapons are also thinking beings capable of refusing to murder people 4noraisin.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #173879 on: July 26, 2016, 06:22:53 pm »

game theory "theories" are usually basically the definition of reading too much into it, with a generous helping of old lore.

all it really means is that ww2 pokemon is theoretically somewhat compatible with the lore.
Where are you getting "game theory" from

One of the developers indirectly said "no that's not happening"

I quoted him :v
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 11590 11591 [11592] 11593 11594 ... 13312