Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11980 11981 [11982] 11983 11984 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14543867 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: [Sasaug] Orin and okuus confusing sausage factory. (Happy thread)
« Reply #179715 on: February 02, 2017, 10:30:29 am »

Although to be completely honest I get the feeling most of Australian society totally wrote off Irwin as a yokel with a tacky TV show, until after he died, then suddenly he was a media darling.
Whaaaat?! Definitely not in my neck of the woods. I'm not sure if I idolized him as a kid, but I certainly knew who he was and enjoyed watching his programmes. Oh and I still treasure the memory of once seeing him in the flesh, feeding crocodiles at Australia Zoo the one time I went there.     
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179716 on: February 02, 2017, 11:09:06 am »

Yeah he was one of those people who are 'too genuine to criticise'. Yokel, possibly, but he was a really top-notch guy.

Harry Cooper has lived to be nice and old and obscure though, so he'll probably get a baseline Nimoy-sized 'Oh dear'.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #179717 on: February 02, 2017, 12:23:47 pm »

I can't imagine anyone who watched Irwin's shows or saw him in person thinking badly of him, even to the extent of mentally characterizing him as a yokel. He always came off as absolutely genuine and very dedicated to his work, in the sense that he probably felt like he never worked a day in his life. Certainly not stupid, ignorant, or provincial, just a different sort of person than the Attenborough-style nature program commentator.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #179718 on: February 02, 2017, 02:24:17 pm »

Welp, about seven hours after going under, I'm lucid enough to use a phone, and sans four teeth and some bits of gum.

Mashed potato and gravy make a serviceable soup when mixed with milk, by the by.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #179719 on: February 02, 2017, 03:15:26 pm »

Wat
Did you attempt to kiss a hyena?
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179720 on: February 02, 2017, 03:29:32 pm »

Sounds like wisdom teeth got pulled.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179721 on: February 02, 2017, 04:11:20 pm »

Always fun.
Just remember to be really paranoid about not letting food get in your holes and it makes the whole process go incredibly smoothly.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #179722 on: February 02, 2017, 04:56:48 pm »

After fifteen years, third outta four childhood mysteries of mine have been solved! :V

An old RPG game RuneSword 2 had some classical pieces as combat music, and I played that game intensely so they were stuck in my head, but this week I managed to find out them all, the last bits being parts of Mahler's 'Titan' symphony.

This intense feeling of satisfaction makes me happy :))
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #179723 on: February 02, 2017, 05:00:55 pm »

Always fun.
Just remember to be really paranoid about not letting food get in your holes and it makes the whole process go incredibly smoothly.
Dentist made me rinse with hydrogen peroxide solution until the stitches dissolved. Stuff tastes like mouldy fungus, yuck.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #179724 on: February 02, 2017, 08:21:29 pm »

Always fun.
Dentist made me rinse with hydrogen peroxide solution until the stitches dissolved. Stuff tastes like mouldy fungus, yuck.
That's the stuff my vet says to give my dog if it needs to throw up.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #179725 on: February 02, 2017, 08:26:44 pm »

i have quite a few complaints about my kitchen

but oh boy, watching kitchen nightmares really makes me feel better about it and all the food we serve. even our worst dishes don't even come close to some of the shit you see in most of those places, nor is it nearly as expensive

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179726 on: February 02, 2017, 08:31:43 pm »

Gordon Ramsay is the man.

Happy: I was all set to go to some stupid useless appointment this morning (especially annoying since I've just had to start doing their mandatory "voluntary" work for my usual payment), then long story short I got there and it turned out they'd simply forgotten to cancel it and I didn't actually need to attend. I bought some beer on the way home. ^-^   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #179727 on: February 02, 2017, 08:32:05 pm »

The sun remained high enough we didnt fall under the mountain's shadow tonight, until the sun was on the horizon anyway, so it stayed a little warmer for a little longer. Such is good.

Also got that racehorse a face bag for his grain. He did much better eating his supplements out of that than a dish. He usually just flips the dish and tries to eat it off the ground, so he'd lose about half of it. He also took his time for once, instead of trying to wolf it down before the girls finished theirs.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 08:33:42 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #179728 on: February 02, 2017, 08:39:20 pm »

That makes me think of my visit to Montana, Glacier National Park.  I live in the NC "mountains" after growing up in the piedmont, and I'm not sure how to even describe the peaks of Montana.  They weren't mesas, they were just *extreme* ridges, impossibly sharp.  I was there a week and I never quite got used to them.  It was...  weird, but not wrong, spectacular.

Considering that I was actually there and walking along the sides of them in real life, it felt like the Farlands of old Minecraft.

Edit: Forget the Minecraft thing, that's a personal note.  Fact is, that image of Montana doesn't even quite describe the sensation of looking up... and up... and up.
It was more like walking through Charlotte, honestly.  Or New York, though I was too busy being terrified as a car passenger to really take in the sights.  Just...  Any *real* skyscraper metropolis, when you're not used to that.  Except it's endless streams of rock.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 08:43:03 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #179729 on: February 02, 2017, 08:41:48 pm »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 11980 11981 [11982] 11983 11984 ... 13312