Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12005 12006 [12007] 12008 12009 ... 13312

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14632401 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: [E G G] Egg generation appreciation station (Happy thread)
« Reply #180090 on: February 23, 2017, 02:06:35 pm »

Mostly because humans would've gone extinct if dragons actually existed. Really, good fucking luck fighting a flying armored lizard that breath fire using a sharpened piece of metal.

I dunno, worked on the Mammoths. Granted, they couldn't shoot streams of fire from their trunks.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #180091 on: February 23, 2017, 02:13:58 pm »

Realtalk though, I'd be down with full-dive VR even if I knew it was going to land me in a death game. Shit's cool.
You mean like, a death game? Because real life is already VR :v
Not unless you buy the "we're living in a simulation" scenario. Real life is real, we just happen to interact with it through a perceptual filter. Our brains fill in the world based on real qualities conveyed by our senses.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #180092 on: February 23, 2017, 02:25:24 pm »

Turns out there's actually some Lego sets that are reasonably priced, comparatively. You just have to go for a box of 1000 misc pieces.

So I can get it "for my daughter" when she's old enough.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #180093 on: February 23, 2017, 02:26:31 pm »

Patiently waiting for the day we get a fully immersive VR diablo game so I can watch people stop every few minutes to change their jeans for a shiny skirt they found inside a random demon.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #180094 on: February 23, 2017, 02:29:03 pm »

Turns out there's actually some Lego sets that are reasonably priced, comparatively. You just have to go for a box of 1000 misc pieces.

So I can get it "for my daughter" when she's old enough.
Heh.  Right.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #180095 on: February 23, 2017, 02:39:16 pm »

Had a proper shower tonight for the first time in almost a week. Even in not-very-much barely not chilled water (our geyser is broken), it feels so good. Truly, though, this feels like Darkest Africa. Drought conditions and no hot water.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #180096 on: February 23, 2017, 02:44:09 pm »

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #180097 on: February 23, 2017, 02:58:44 pm »

Mostly because humans would've gone extinct if dragons actually existed. Really, good fucking luck fighting a flying armored lizard that breath fire using a sharpened piece of metal.

I dunno, worked on the Mammoths. Granted, they couldn't shoot streams of fire from their trunks.
We killed mammoths by chasing them off cliffs. Dragons have wings. And are unlikely to run away from humans.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #180098 on: February 23, 2017, 03:07:17 pm »

Idea for why we haven't made contact with alien space travellers yet: Most species evolved in systems with multiple inhabitable planets, reducing the drive to travel further. We on the other hand are isolated, meaning that our impulse to expand will more readily yield vessels capable of long-distance travelling. Metaphorically you could say that we're like water in a pressure cooker with a broken safety valve. It'll take us longer, but once we get out it's going to be with a lot more energy.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #180099 on: February 23, 2017, 03:09:14 pm »

Holyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitwhycouldn'twehaveevolvedthere...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/02/23/seven-earth-sized-exoplanets-discovered-does-nasa-announcement/

Google has marked the Earth-shattering discovery with a Doodle, featuring the seven planets squeezing into view on the earth's telescope.
One does not call the discovery of new possible homeworlds as "Earth-shattering". The discovery of a Mercury-sized asteroid on a collision path with Earth, on the other hand...

By the way, the system these planets were found in is apparently only ~40 light years from Sol. That's damned close, relatively speaking.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #180100 on: February 23, 2017, 03:12:19 pm »

We killed mammoths by chasing them off cliffs. Dragons have wings. And are unlikely to run away from humans.
Er, nope. We killed 'em by throwing spears at 'em.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #180101 on: February 23, 2017, 03:18:29 pm »

Er, nope. We killed 'em by throwing spears at 'em.
That's a funny way to spell stealth archery.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #180102 on: February 23, 2017, 03:21:04 pm »

I've got a decent job lined up now and I will have the time, money, company (i.e. group of people to go with) and transportation to go to Fan Expo 2017 in Dallas, Texas. Get hype. We'll have the much smaller Collective Con here in Jacksonville but if Fan Expo turned out anything like Megacon Orlando turned out, I'm so hype.

*Edit: too much information, sorry. I'm at home with the bros and I'm a little hyped.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 06:50:26 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #180103 on: February 23, 2017, 03:34:40 pm »

Watched Hell or High Water.

It's a really good western. It doesn't have much shooting in it (by standards of the genre), oddly enough, but the classic western plot, involving bank robberies and rangers chasing the outlaws, put in modern decorations was pretty good.

There were a couple of things that were only there to show us it's actually happening in 201X, like one of the main characters using a vape... device (what do you call these things anyway, the ones you vape with) exactly once in the beginning of the film and not pulling it out ever again. Other than that, 9 outta 10 would recommend for those who generally like westerns.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 03:36:22 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #180104 on: February 23, 2017, 03:36:05 pm »

I mostly hear "vape pen." No idea if there are any that are actually writing devices. I'm also not sure if a vape pen is different from an e-cig.

Modern life is stupid, even our addictions and vices are complicated.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 12005 12006 [12007] 12008 12009 ... 13312