Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12065 12066 [12067] 12068 12069 ... 12746

Author Topic: [Poi~] Poi is once again permitted (Happy thread)  (Read 7824891 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had an allergy test before... and I am getting another one (for fabrics)

Would a typical allergy test test for wheat and diary?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • Never stabs friends, promise!
    • View Profile

other things like some pollen or plant matter in the air or furniture can do it too.
"THEN CAME TOBNOM, ASS-GOD".
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • Itís shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

Stress could also be an influence on those skin conditions too. General immunity, really...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: L U X U R I O U S (click to show/hide)

Edit: fixed broken image.   
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 10:53:37 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

I just cooked and ate some nice whole-wheat noodles with spinach and mexican cheese and dammit Yoink those look so spicy, now I'm a little jealous :P
Only slightly.  Cheese and hot food were good.

Also I went for a fairly long walk without my toenail-edge acting up, I guess I fixed it!  And midway through, Pokemon GO notified me that it was giving bonus credit for walking for like a week.

Also the weather is freakin amazing.  It's on the hot-ish side, but dry, so I'm sure it's awful back home in the piedmont!  Kudos to people that like it there, but I like the dry summers *and* the icy death winters!
(I may have picked up a bottle 'o rum, but I walked *waaaay* more than was necessary for that.)
Seriously, glad I can do my 3-4 mile hikes without biting pain again. 
gonna get all the bulbasaur candy

... also I GM'd my first game (since middle school) (not counting roll2die or freeform) yesterday and I think it was a fairly good time.  Bit short, but I think my friends had fun, and it turned out the rules we used were an incomplete alpha.  (Poison'd)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Also I went for a fairly long walk
walking for like a week.
Hot damn, that is a pretty long walk!  :o

Glad to hear your toe's better. That kind of thing is awful.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, I'm probably going to EHA.
I recently became a objectivist, I am reasonably certain that means all my opinions are now universal fact.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile

European Hematology Association? That sounds pretty cool man! Congratulations!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still have to get a rep for funding. But yeah.

Will probably meet old friends. And enemies. And people who were a bit of both.
I recently became a objectivist, I am reasonably certain that means all my opinions are now universal fact.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Had some very nice lasagna with sausage and meatballs, plus garlic bread. Food is good.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile

European Hematology Association? That sounds pretty cool man! Congratulations!

Indeed. My congratulations... but I now suspect you to be a vampire. >:(
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

Just got reminded by some events that there was a Mario AI (WARNING: shitty music, hit that mute button) that was based around path searching with a very simple "go right" heuristic to guide its way forward. And it was pretty good, too. Potentially, with more complex experience-derived heuristics, it could beat the whole game!
._.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Thanks for the reminder about that!  It's cool to see it with the planning lines, I hadn't seen that before.

The original video (or someone with a similar project who wrote a paper) is here:  https://youtu.be/xOCurBYI_gY
The whole thing is pretty good if you've got some time to hear about game theory.  I like how he showcases the failures as well as the unexpected successes.  The last two minutes are particularly good about that:  https://youtu.be/xOCurBYI_gY?t=851
Particularly the very end, Tetris, hehe.

Or just to jump to Mario, including early failures:  https://youtu.be/xOCurBYI_gY?t=460

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

Thanks for the reminder about that!  It's cool to see it with the planning lines, I hadn't seen that before.

The original video (or someone with a similar project who wrote a paper) is here:  https://youtu.be/xOCurBYI_gY
The whole thing is pretty good if you've got some time to hear about game theory.  I like how he showcases the failures as well as the unexpected successes.  The last two minutes are particularly good about that:  https://youtu.be/xOCurBYI_gY?t=851
Particularly the very end, Tetris, hehe.

Or just to jump to Mario, including early failures:  https://youtu.be/xOCurBYI_gY?t=460
Ey, that's interesting. But they're quite different - the video you've linked has a very unique approach that I haven't seen anywhere before, and which would be unlikely to be used... anywhere else, really, because of its highly questionable core prior assumption of "bigger = better" from which everything else runs off.

The one I linked is just a pretty simple application of bog-standard A* pathfinding algorithm that's been used in every RTS/TBS game ever, and probably a significant number of FPS games, too. It's also quite a bit more efficient at guiding Mario forward.
._.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I saw Logan last night. Was good.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 12065 12066 [12067] 12068 12069 ... 12746