Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12070 12071 [12072] 12073 12074 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14375858 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

That was amazing. Thank you for the translation.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: [Friends?] Awoo will be prosecutedt to the full extent of the jam (Happy thr
« Reply #181066 on: April 11, 2017, 07:28:56 pm »

My pants are no longer falling down!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

Mine just burst asunder in a heart-rending fashion.
They were my 'zero social contact' pants too... I think I need to invest in fisherman pants or harem pants or whatever you call 'em.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 07:57:02 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Or just go without. Shorts of some sort, good pair of boxers, particularly svelte set of swim trunks, that sort of thing.

Some kind of mesh might work, too. I keep forgetting to check if there's, like... mosquito netting pants. If not, someone needs to get on that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nah, it's getting close to winter so I would prefer something more - Oh wait sweet I have my winter cargoes yet to be busted out of the cupboard.

Everything is sick and awesome.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

... where I live, the suggestion still stands, you just might want to swing a house coat/bath robe/trench coat, too. Most of winter is still no pants time.

Temperature wise, anyway. The flora and fauna have contributing positions on the subject that impact the state of nopan.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Attended a grand total of 3 ceremonies for my Grandpa's funeral. First was at the visitation, which concluded with a short Finnish Pagan ritual. His brother and sister Knights of the Kaleva gave a brief memorial, then one by one laid cedar boughs in his coffin, and repeated the phrase "A person may die, but their memory lives on" in English or Finnish. It was a nice reminder. It was neat to learn that the lucky duck had married into a Knighthood of sorts, too.

Second was the funeral service, for the Lutheran part of the family. During the ceremony, lots of people shared good memories of my Grandpa's pranks, patience, talents, creativity, and all that. I remember one cute story about how he flew my Grandma around in his plane while they were dating, did an Aileron Roll, and asked her how it was; she, of course, gave a thumbs up and asked to do another one. Apparently she refused to marry a man who couldn't ski too, so he took lessons until he could almost ski better than she could. Except for the time he took a spill and stuck his ski pole up his trouser leg, and it came clean out the ass-end.

Last was the military ceremony at the burial this afternoon. A few of the folks who served with him while rebuilding in Japan and the Pacific post WW2 were there. They gave him a rifle salute, then presented my Grandma with his flag and medals. A family friend (a teacher-turned-pastor), gave another short sermon afterward. It was done outdoors, looking down on a wooded lake, while the wind blew over the water, and a heron flew overhead. It was a nice moment.

It's not a happy event, in itself... but it's been good to remember him, together with everyone.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Today I found myself standing inside Rick & Morty's garage, Bob's Burgers, Sidorovich's office in the Cordon, and staring down the F.E.A.R. girl nose-to-nose.  I also climbed a giant robot.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

Kaleva
Huh, I learned something today. There's a restaurant/cafe/whatever up by my school named the Kaleva Cafe, and I never wondered about the source of the name. I knew Finnish culture/heritage was ingrained pretty deep in that area, but I never really thought about the names of restaurants/other places until now (other than the really obvious ones, like the nearby Finlandia University)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Lets open a pub there called kaskenkorvi perkele
Love, scriver~

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Perkele... pagan god-turned-devil-synonym/curseword?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

This is not particularly relevant, but still, happy Cosmonautics Day, everybody.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

I'm happy that breath of the wild works decently in an emulator, so I can actually play it, despite having no way to get a wii.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

I figured out how to get my WD MyCloud (gen2) NAS to do NFS on statically assigned arbitrary ports! (which is necessary, if you want to do NFS over the internet, and mount a remote store in the local filesystem for transparent access, which is what I want.)
No small feat, considering that they have gone out of their way to make this nearly impossible to do, and more than a dozen people on the official community site have tried and failed to get this to work. (instead breaking down and using sftp, which is not so easy to control how it sizes packets, or does file locking, et al.) I can now mount the NFS share across the internet, making the thing actually live up to its name, and function as actual self-hosted cloud storage.

Now the downer. :(

WD are jerkwads, who decided in their infinite wisdom to 1) NOT configure this behavior with a config file, like every reputable linux distro in the universe does--- and instead do it all with an init script at boot; and 2) said init script is hosted inside a read only cramfs container that gets mounted early in the boot process (and lots of important stuff is in there too...)-- and 3) the root filesystem is hosted by an initial ramdisk at kernel load. They CLEARLY do NOT want people doing this.

Now the upper to counter it: :)

There is a way to hijack the crontab, to insert a custom "fire once" job, store the script for that job on writable storage, to have it be persistent, and fire it on boot reliably.  I can use that cron job to replace the symlink pointing at that bullshit read only cramfs container for the start/stop script that drives the NFS daemons, and point it instead at my locally modified copy that is also on writable storage, then use it to restart the NFS daemon with the static assignments. I can then very deeply control how the NFS daemon works, including how it treats jumbo frames, if at all, what the preferred packet sizes are, what the static port assigns are, et al.

SOOOOOOO much work to do something that should be just a few pokes to a config file because WD does not want people hosting their own cloud storage...  But I am happy, because I figured out a workaround that actually works, and did it all on my own.

Screw you WD. The hardware is nice, but your firmware takes mittens mode to a whole new level. Surprised you even allowed me SSH access, given how hard you worked to prevent persistent modification of the system's configuration.  Jerkwads.

But I happy, because I defeated you. :P

Much use testing planned tomorrow.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

I'm happy that breath of the wild works decently in an emulator, so I can actually play it, despite having no way to get a wii.

Japa, what have you done.

I didn't need to know this could be done.

I never asked for this knowledge.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 12070 12071 [12072] 12073 12074 ... 13310