Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12094 12095 [12096] 12097 12098 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14375232 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile

You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell?
You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
"are you actually a ghost in the shell?" is one of the funniest things I've heard in a while, consider yourself sigged.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Grats Draignean?

Whatcha doing?

Ph.D, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence.

It's gonna be nice, and it really, REALLY helps me have some direction for the coming months. Waiting to see which side of the nation (CA or MA) I would end up was killing me.
Wow @_@ This is amazing!
This is also going to scare me a ton in this one game of yours because of how deep and technologically diverse it is. [/totallyanaside]
ALSO YAY FOR YOU! :D This deepens my aspirations to try reaching for those nice spots even if it's not existent in my vicinity right now u-u

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell?
You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

If I am artificially intelligent, I am advanced enough that I am unable to tell whether I am possessing the user whose handle is Draignean, or if I am him.

It could be as you say. I am compelled to state that I am human, but there is no way for me to verify this fact completely. It is possible that I am a neural network, and all of life that I have perceived so far is training input so that, at some point in the future, I can provide an answer to a single question. Perhaps that is the nature of the soul- a single piece of data being returned to the superuser after the training cycle has been completed.

Now if skynet ever comes around I'm going to blame you, just a heads up.

If the army is attacked by an army of mecha shark hitler clones, it was me. I have panache in my desire to dominate the world, so if it's just a bunch of dull looking robots, it's not me. :P
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

You failed the existential dread test, you're definitely not human.
Hail and well met!

"are you actually a ghost in the shell?" is one of the funniest things I've heard in a while, consider yourself sigged.
Well dang, this is thread appropriate.  (:
Please do leave the typo.  Improves verrissimillitude.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

Grats Draignean?

Whatcha doing?

It's gonna be nice, and it really, REALLY helps me have some direction for the coming months. Waiting to see which side of the nation (CA or MA) I would end up was killing me.
....I hereby deem you "pretty awesome, also please write a book sometime dude seriously."
Not sure if you've read 'Superintelligence' by Nick Bostrom, but I could recommend it.
And then, please for the love of god put it in layman's terms for the rest of us who can't understand a fucking word of it.

But yeah, pretty sure artificial intelligence researchers are going to be the most important humans ever to engineer their own obsolescence.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

~10 days until you guys will shower ME with "the image". And the day after my B-Day my cousin is getting married! And this weekend she graduated!
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile

I have a birthday coming up soon, too.

In other news, I have drawn Business Bat, my greatest creation

his job sucks
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Grats Draignean?

Whatcha doing?

Wow @_@ This is amazing!
This is also going to scare me a ton in this one game of yours because of how deep and technologically diverse it is. [/totallyanaside]
ALSO YAY FOR YOU! :D This deepens my aspirations to try reaching for those nice spots even if it's not existent in my vicinity right now u-u

Just don't give up, Ti. The easiest way to fall off the path through higher ed is to decide that it's just too much work to do it all right now, that you can afford to take a year or two off to relax and build up some money working, that having to move a long way away isn't worth the effort or cost.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

After two days bumbling around and feeling like a dork, I figured out how to remove vellum texture from manuscript pages for binarization.

Spoiler: Observe! (click to show/hide)

It even kind of removes illumination (meaning fancy title lettering/decoration, though I guess it should also fix actual illumination as in lighting) if you tinker with it a bit. Still not happy with how the filter mangles some letters, though.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 07:57:35 am by Avis-Mergulus »
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

One upside of this whole thing is that my anxiety seems to have greatly decreased, presumably because there is now but one person (other than myself) whose opinion I really care about. Not that I really cared about most people's opinions during the worst of my anxiety attacks, but, well, irrational anxiety. *shrug*
Now, if only I could manage to think about something other than said person for more than a minute or two. >.>   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile

After two days bumbling around and feeling like a dork, I figured out how to remove vellum texture from manuscript pages for binarization.

It even kind of removes illumination (meaning fancy title lettering/decoration, though I guess it should also fix actual illumination as in lighting) if you tinker with it a bit. Still not happy with how the filter mangles some letters, though.

Yeah but why do you have the end result in negative?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

Yeah but why do you have the end result in negative?
Binarization basically makes every pixel that satisfies some condition one color, and every pixel that doesn't another. These colors are naturally white and black, and OpenCV kinda prefers white objects on black backgrounds, so that's the way I assigned them. (To clarify, in a binary image black is 0, and there's a bunch of functions like findNonZero() and whatever. It's mostly convention, but it makes sense from a cognitive standpoint.)
Also the white box is the crop rectangle for extracting and straightening out the text area later. Should have made it green or something to make it not appear as part of the image, I guess.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 12:18:28 pm by Avis-Mergulus »
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile

Listening to Power Rangers intro music.  Don't know why, hated the show with a burning passion, but for some reason listening to these songs makes me feel slightly less miserable today.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile

Me stocks are all up.  I'm so good at stocks.  Trog loves me.   :P
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout
Pages: 1 ... 12094 12095 [12096] 12097 12098 ... 13310