Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12154 12155 [12156] 12157 12158 ... 13310

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14373579 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: [???] Eggplant (Happy thread)
« Reply #182325 on: July 22, 2017, 01:08:41 pm »

Honestly as accessible as the internet is, I think it was more important in democratizing knowledge rather than actually making a big change in accessibility of knowledge. Have you ever realized how big libraries are?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182326 on: July 22, 2017, 01:17:50 pm »

I don't really agree with that idea. Like, sure, a library is big, and it's somewhat organized, but there's a lot to be said for just being able to type in a word string and get the information instantly (plus or minus verification time)

As opposed to knowing what kind of book your sought knowledge would be in, driving/walking/bussing to the library, searching for (one of many) of that book for the one that contains it, and then skimming through said book in the hopes that it contains it. Sure that's easier with a librarian helping you, but it's still just hard enough that most people just said "Fuck it." unless it was actually needed for work or school.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #182327 on: July 22, 2017, 02:56:41 pm »

One of the mods I needed for my mod pack project got approved for use on Curseforge, so I was able to upload the pack today, which means as soon as it gets approved people will be able to play the alpha version of the pack on the twitch desktop app.

Just search for "Hobocraft" to find it.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #182328 on: July 22, 2017, 04:53:49 pm »

I saw Dunkirk today. It was an excellent film that encapsulates the horrors of war with excellent cinematography and with excellent performances that make the viewer feel sympathy for characters who don't always even have names given.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #182329 on: July 22, 2017, 08:54:00 pm »

I finished Season 4 of Agents of Shield which did an excellent job of making me feel sympathy for rampaging former androids with superpowers, and people who get trapped in simulations with their own children.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182330 on: July 23, 2017, 05:38:56 am »

I finished Season 4 of Agents of Shield which did an excellent job of making me feel sympathy for rampaging former androids with superpowers, and people who get trapped in simulations with their own children.

Good. The problems faced by these indivuals are too often ignored by our society.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #182331 on: July 23, 2017, 07:02:14 am »

I saw Dunkirk today. It was an excellent film that encapsulates the horrors of war with excellent cinematography and with excellent performances that make the viewer feel sympathy for characters who don't always even have names given.
Awesome :3 I've been wondering about the story and characterization, being a casual reader of history things around the world.
Then I read that anything made by Christopher Nolan is advertising in itself due to his track record (somewhere)

Either way, woo \o/ Going to watch that when it comes out here.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #182332 on: July 23, 2017, 11:44:48 am »

Awesome :3 I've been wondering about the story and characterization, being a casual reader of history things around the world.
Then I read that anything made by Christopher Nolan is advertising in itself due to his track record (somewhere)

Christopher Nolan was behind such films as Inception, Memento, Interstellar, and the Batman trilogy from a few years ago, which are some of the most critically loved films of the past twenty years. He's a legend for his ability to use film as a medium to its fullest, rather than preserving a play on camera. It definitely shows in this one--Dunkirk's greatest strength is its ability to develop its themes and characterization despite sparse dialogue.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #182333 on: July 23, 2017, 11:53:24 am »

I just saw a guy called greatorder on imgur.
Love, scriver~

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #182334 on: July 23, 2017, 11:56:00 am »

Christopher Nolan was behind such films as Inception, Memento, Interstellar, and the Batman trilogy from a few years ago, which are some of the most critically loved films of the past twenty years. He's a legend for his ability to use film as a medium to its fullest, rather than preserving a play on camera. It definitely shows in this one--Dunkirk's greatest strength is its ability to develop its themes and characterization despite sparse dialogue.

How could you leave out the film where David Bowie plays Nikola Tesla?  Best of all of those, in my opinion.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #182335 on: July 23, 2017, 01:30:40 pm »

Hey, random question. Hypothethically speaking, would you be interested in a youtube channel in which disease mechanisms and treatments were explained?  The aim would be to strike a balance between technical and layman's.

It's an idea I've been chewing on  for a while but have never quite  gotten around to do
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #182336 on: July 23, 2017, 02:02:19 pm »

Certainly sounds interesting, and I suppose you'd get those afflicted with such diseases looking it up.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182337 on: July 23, 2017, 02:22:33 pm »

I mean, I watched a couple seasons of Dr House.  I'd certainly listen to a fellow Bay12er who actually knows what they're talking about.  Sign me up!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #182338 on: July 23, 2017, 03:36:24 pm »

It´s something I´m mulling about mind you, nothing that will happen overnight, as I´m still finding my way in a new system. But it might be an interesting side-project to carry out when I´m a bit more settled
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #182339 on: July 23, 2017, 04:14:30 pm »

Hey, random question. Hypothethically speaking, would you be interested in a youtube channel in which disease mechanisms and treatments were explained?  The aim would be to strike a balance between technical and layman's.

It's an idea I've been chewing on  for a while but have never quite  gotten around to do

Medicine's a fun subject, though it's important to consider what your system for it is going to be. Your own area of specialty, broader general-purpose medicine, bizarre diseases, particularly interesting pathogenesis mechanisms, freshly printed medical science?
Pages: 1 ... 12154 12155 [12156] 12157 12158 ... 13310